Owens coming to TOPS

July 30th in the Perinton TOPS super markets.

He said he will visit the store in "mid-afternoon" to promote his new cereal.

So if you wanna meet Terrell Owens, come out to Tops. lol

tell him to pick me up some celery and non fat milk....ohhh and that ham on sale

Tops never mops just look at their floors, Tops never mops!!

I worked at the Tops on Deleware, near Hertel (no longer there) for about 6 years, in high school and through college...it was a great store, at that time...now, when I go home, I can't believe how far Tops has sunk... what happened?

I worked at the Tops on Deleware, near Hertel (no longer there) for about 6 years, in high school and through college...it was a great store, at that time...now, when I go home, I can't believe how far Tops has sunk... what happened?

Wegmans

I just came from there 5 mins ago. No more training camp tickets for the 30th! :lol:

Wegmans

Yes, I understand that Wegmans is the king, but Tops seems really sub-standard for a grocery store, at this point. Kind of makes me a little sad... here we have Whole Foods (or Whole Paycheck) which is the flavor of the year, similar (but more pretentious than Wegmans), but HEB, the biggest chain, still manages to have a great store for us regular folks who can't afford to spend $40 for a few things to make dinner... Tops was such a big part of my life in WNY (weekly grocery shopping with my dad after church on Sundays), hanging out in the comic book section on may way home from shcool...it is kind of gross and run down now... that store I worked at (Deleware & Hertel, next to Hills, and in the same parking lot as Perkins!) was sort of the first mega-Tops in the area...nothing compared to Wegmans or Whole Foods now, but still a pretty good grocery store...anyways, I digress, and feel old...hey you kids, get off my lawn.... :lol:

GO BILLS!

Yes, I understand that Wegmans is the king, but Tops seems really sub-standard for a grocery store, at this point. Kind of makes me a little sad... here we have Whole Foods (or Whole Paycheck) which is the flavor of the year, similar (but more pretentious than Wegmans), but HEB, the biggest chain, still manages to have a great store for us regular folks who can't afford to spend $40 for a few things to make dinner... Tops was such a big part of my life in WNY (weekly grocery shopping with my dad after church on Sundays), hanging out in the comic book section on may way home from shcool...it is kind of gross and run down now... that store I worked at (Deleware & Hertel, next to Hills, and in the same parking lot as Perkins!) was sort of the first mega-Tops in the area...nothing compared to Wegmans or Whole Foods now, but still a pretty good grocery store...anyways, I digress, and feel old...hey you kids, get off my lawn.... :lol:

GO BILLS!

Someone will have to post the details, but I think the sale of Tops to that Dutch company (Royal Ahold) followed by the scandal of Ahold underreporting its debt and, as a result, overexpanding their market really hurt Tops - along with Wegman's pushing their way into the Buffalo market.

GO BILLS!

Tops was hurt badly by the corporate overseas grocery giant (Ahold) that previously owned them until a year ago.

Now they are locally owned again and are making great strides back to the previous form. I read an article that they are sinking big money into revamping most of their stores. They do have a great selection (and dont force their store brand down your throat like wegmans does)

Tops was hurt badly by the corporate overseas grocery giant (Ahold) that previously owned them until a year ago.

Now they are locally owned again and are making great strides back to the previous form. I read an article that they are sinking big money into revamping most of their stores. They do have a great selection (and dont force their store brand down your throat like wegmans does)

That is good to hear... they will always be "home" to me...

GO BILLS!

Wher are you in Texas I am too looking to hook up with more Bills fans GOOOO BILLSSSS !!!!!!

Wher are you in Texas I am too looking to hook up with more Bills fans GOOOO BILLSSSS !!!!!!

Austin! We have a group of about 35 (drops down to about 20 as the losses pile up) that meet up on Sundays to watch the games, at The Tavern...12th & Lamar.