NEXT!!!!

That's why they might be rethinking the whole Vincent-to-FS thingy. And wouldn't it have been cool to see Vincent play more than the opening series of the first Patriots game? Or Milloy play at all in that game?

108873[/snapback]

lori, is vincent returning this week?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, here we go again, round 2 this year, i was up there for round one...

what are some HONEST opinions about sunday night???

i don't think you guys have a CHANCE, prove me wrong!!!!!!

108254[/snapback]

I think you need to change your name to: BradytoTurf. :w00t:

I think we should just knock marsha brady on her ass! why should we take phantom 15 yard penalties for clean,they say bad hits on marsha? when we beat the patsies we are gonna be officially "on a roll".this is where the team really starts to believe!

well, here we go again, round 2 this year, i was up there for round one...

what are some HONEST opinions about sunday night???

i don't think you guys have a CHANCE, prove me wrong!!!!!!

108254[/snapback]

I didn't read any other responses so I son't know what everyone else said, but I think the Bills have a decent chance, but it will be difficult. The Pats are banged up and the Bills are starting to gain a lot of confidence. I don't think the Bills will win for two reasons:

1. Its a Sunday night game and the Bills have been horrendous on Sunday nights over the past few years.

2. Its in New England.

You notice I didn't say anything about the play on the field, that's because I think the Bills on a neutral field or at home would beat the Pats this week. They'll come out too tight because of the Prime Time game and lose 24-13.

Early injury report has the Pats without starting CB's Law and Poole, and Samuel limited with a a bad shoulder. Deion Branch is also out at WR. For the Bills it remains to be seen whether Vincent, Williams, and Reed will be back. If they are, the Bills have a REAL good chance of beating the Pats. Not a "cakewalk," but a win.

That's easy.  Stop Dillon.  Pittsburgh squashed the Pats' run game and made Marcia try to beat the Stillers by herself.

Bills did a decent job containing Curtis Martin Sunday...Moss made mincemeat of McGee, though and have to think Marcia's licking her chops at doing the same with whichever Pat WR draws that matchup.

108862[/snapback]

It helped PIttsburgh to squash the Pats run game by not even having Dillon as an option to worry about. (That and the Pats made 5 rushing attempts all game) If Dillon plays Sunday, the Bills wont have that luxury.

Granted, any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday but given these two teams' histories and their coaching staffs/player depth I just dont see the Bills coming out of Foxboro with a win Sunday night.

Any guesses as to who the ESPN crew ballwashes? Brady and Bruschi for the Pats and McGahee and Moulds for the Bills are my guesses.

Early injury report has the Pats without starting CB's Law and Poole, and Samuel limited with a a bad shoulder.  Deion Branch is also out at WR.  For the Bills it remains to be seen whether Vincent, Williams, and Reed will be back.  If they are, the Bills have a REAL good chance of beating the Pats.  Not a "cakewalk," but a win.

108901[/snapback]

Hope is a good thing, the best of things.

It helped PIttsburgh to squash the Pats run game by not even having Dillon as an option to worry about.  (That and the Pats made 5 rushing attempts all game)    If Dillon plays Sunday, the Bills wont have that luxury.   

Granted, any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday but given these two teams' histories and their coaching staffs/player depth I just dont see the Bills coming out of Foxboro with a win Sunday night.

Any guesses as to who the ESPN crew ballwashes?    Brady and Bruschi for the Pats and McGahee and Moulds for the Bills are my guesses.

108902[/snapback]

You do know the Bills are the only team in the league that hasn't given up a 100-yard game to a RB yet this year, right?

There's still a lot of reasons I don't like this game.... but I do feel better about it than I did a couple of weeks ago.

You dont have to rush for over 100 yds a game to have an efficient running game. As long as Buffalo has to respect the running threat that Corey Dillon presents, they wont be able to just tee off and blitz Brady every down.

I'd be more worried if this game was in Buffalo. The Pats have been on the road for 2 weeks now and will be glad to be home.

whoever said that visitors stay in providence clearly dosen't know the area

108432[/snapback]

Uh, I lived in Boston and drove by the stadium every day on my way to work in Providence. I bet I know the area better than you.

I was just pointing out your statement on Welcome to Boston is about as thoughtful and intellectually honest as your posts regarding the matchup.

It's going to be a good, close game. And the line will be 3.5 (guessing there).

You dont have to rush for over 100 yds a game to have an efficient running game.  As long as Buffalo has to respect the running threat that Corey Dillon presents, they wont be able to just tee off and blitz Brady every down.   

108916[/snapback]

You are right. Same works for Buffalo though with McGahee. If the Pats are going to load up and blitz Drew all day, Willis will make them pay. And if they bring Harrison down in the box, I like the matchups at WR one on one for the Bills against a depleted secondary.

Basically, what it will come down to is mental mistakes. If the Bills of old show up and are flag happy, the Pats will take the game. But if the Bills continue to play mistake free (as they have been for the past 8 quarters) then I think the matchups (on paper mind you) favor the Bills.

The Bills O match up very well with the Pats. Moulds and Evans will be a handful for the Pats MASH unit. But I expect that Mark Campbell will have a big game. The Pats are going to be forced to come up with some schemes to take away Willis and Moulds which will leave lanes open for Mark.

I don't think anyone here is marking this game down as a W for the Bills. But I don't see how Pats fans can either. It should go into the "too close to call" catagory for both teams.

As much as I've been pleased with the progress the Bills have made in the last four weeks, I'm not ready to anoint them road warriors in New England in primetime. Still this game is no "gimme" for either club and the Pats will have to play well to secure victory....

The Pats are obviously a well coached, team oriented, smart group of players who have won big games already and will have the home field.

Some edges we may have:

1- The running game with McGahee, if utilized properly with commitment, will serve as a confidence builder as the game wears on and will "call off the dogs" to some degree with the Pats Blitz game. The Pats lb's are smart, big, and tough, but one thing they are NOT is fast. If we can seal the edges Willis should be able to get outside a bit. Running often will also allow for some play action passes, given Bledsoe the extra moment or two he needs. Willis needs to get close to 30 carries again.

2- Our ability to stop the run will atleast serve to some degree to dictate what the Pats call on offense, and give our defense a chance to make drives more diffucult for the balanced Pats offense.

3- Moulds will not have to line up against Ty Law, who is pretty much the only guy who's ever been able to "shut him down". The Bills must create ways to get Moulds out of double coverage situations, and rely on Evans when they can't.

4- Opportunity. The only way this can possibly be looked at by our young team is as their one opportunity this season to show the rest of the NFL that they are a good team, and that they will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. The Pats have been there, done that, and the moment must be ceized.

yeah, way to avoid the question....brady is dating a movie star, btw

why are you a sox fan and a bills fan???  are you one of the millions that bought their first red sox hat this october???

if so GET THE F*CK OFF THE BANDWAGON

108275[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard about that! This is the lucky movie star, right?

Because the game is in Foxboro, I have to say a NE win is more likely, but to say the Bills have no chance is just plain Patsey fan KzooMike arrogance. The Bills will have to continue to play mistake free ball (relatively speaking). However, this is a far different team than the one NE face in Buffalo earlier this season in the following areas: the emergence of Willis McGahee, much improved execution by the offensive line, Bledsoe's reborn confidence. It also looks like we're beginning to see the blossoming of second year defensive end, Chris Kelsay. The big question is whether or not the Bills can maintain their poise in enemy territory. If they can, a win is very possible.

Because the game is in Foxboro, I have to say a NE win is more likely, but to say the Bills have no chance is just plain Patsey fan KzooMike arrogance.  The Bills will have to continue to play mistake free ball (relatively speaking).  However, this is a far different team than the one NE face in Buffalo earlier this season in the following areas:  the emergence of Willis McGahee, much improved execution by the offensive line, Bledsoe's reborn confidence.  It also looks like we're beginning to see the blossoming of second year defensive end, Chris Kelsay.  The big question is whether or not the Bills can maintain their poise in enemy territory.  If they can, a win is very possible.

108967[/snapback]

Hey TigerJ, nice to see you. Good points as usual. If we can protect Drew like they did Sunday, he has a good shot at a weakened secondary. Bulger didn't take advantage, hopefully Mularkey can get up a good game plan. I'm not too confident in busting Willis down their throats this week. I feel a big (finally) breakout day for Drew against his old mates, he's due. :w00t:

Uh, I lived in Boston and drove by the stadium every day on my way to work in Providence. I bet I know the area better than you.

I was just pointing out your statement on Welcome to Boston is about as thoughtful and intellectually honest as your posts regarding the matchup.

It's going to be a good, close game. And the line will be 3.5 (guessing there).

108930[/snapback]

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihgt..........