NEXT!!!!

if i were a bills fan, i would be worried about the patriots spreading to the 5 WR set

i GUARANTEE they will do this early to try to get up 3-7 points early (they really emphasize scoring first, especially at the razor)

they will mix in a dillon run here and there, but the pass rush and the injuries to our o-line are neutralized by quick 3 step drops, which brady excels at

this, specifically, is where the patriots have the bills beat on offense

on defense, bledsoe vs bb is a mismatch. i remember i went to a MNF game at foxboro stadium vs the jets when they had ray lucas (????!!!!!) as a QB and the jets still rolled the patriots because of drew's ineptitude

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think the line will be 3.5???

109456[/snapback]

no, i think it will be about 6....people that set lines in vegas look at history, which says the patriots will win, especially in gillette

they won't take into account the bills recent win vs the jets (which i greatly appreciate, i cannot STAND the jets, and their fans thought they were going to the super bowl before you guys smacked em around)

Don't you guys have your own board? I mean SOSH has got to have some Pats content, no?

Interesting that when we play the Jets we get respectable fans, when we play the Pats we get jokers. What's the matta still no respect for you??? I thought you were a "dynasty".

but thats not to say i think it will be a blowout, i really have respect for the bills D, and especially takeo spikes, i wish we had him

also, lawyer was my fav player on the patriots, i was sad to see him go. i was at ralph wilson opening day 2003, and that was tough to see him run out in the intros with a bills uni on. i thought the stadium was gonna collapse when he came out

on defense, bledsoe vs bb is a mismatch. 

109462[/snapback]

Your not looking at this game correctly. That line shows it. Three weeks ago I would be with ya on that point. But this team is no longer about Drew first. The team has bought into the Mularkey's scheme and this is a run first team.

All Drew has to be now is another cog in the machine, and that is where Drew excells. So I hope BB spends his time scheming and focusing soley how to take away Drew out of his game. Because Willis will eat his lunch if that's the case.

Just be thankful that BB knows more about your opponent than you do.

Don't you guys have your own board? I mean SOSH has got to have some Pats content, no?

Interesting that when we play the Jets we get respectable fans, when we play the Pats we get jokers. What's the matta still no respect for you??? I thought you were a "dynasty".

109470[/snapback]

hey take it easy buddy, i'm not comin here lookin to offend anyone, my posts are on the game unless someone attacks first

isn't the point of these boards to talk about football??? who cares if i'm a pats fan??? hey, they welcome this banter on patriotsplanet or patsfans.com, even from opposing fans

Your not looking at this game correctly. That line shows it. Three weeks ago I would be with ya on that point. But this team is no longer about Drew first. The team has bought into the Mularkey's scheme and this is a run first team.

All Drew has to be now is another cog in the machine, and that is where Drew excells. So I hope BB spends his time scheming and focusing soley how to take away Drew out of his game. Because Willis will eat his lunch if that's the case.

Just be thankful that BB knows more about your opponent than you do.

109479[/snapback]

hey, i watched the bills game vs the jets (and don't base things on games vs AZ, we played them too on our worst day and still won)

i'm basing this on the patriots ability to stop mcgahee

i hope your coach isn't underestimating our D as much as you are

hey, i watched the bills game vs the jets (and don't base things on games vs AZ, we played them too on our worst day and still won)

i'm basing this on the patriots ability to stop mcgahee

i hope your coach isn't underestimating our D as much as you are

109496[/snapback]

What ability would that be? They haven't stopped anyone from running on them yet.

Seeing how they gashed your run defense (like every other team so far this year) last time with Henry, I am betting Willis and the Bills' O-Line are feeling just fine about the prospect of piling up good enough numbers on the ground to control the flow of the game.

I don't care who you root for...you are the one that called out long time members about their affiliation with the Boston Red Sox.

Do I think the Bills are going to win? No. Am I optimistic? Yes.

I gotta go back to our last road game against Baltimore and how pathetic we looked in that game. It makes me wonder if we are going to get shelled like that while facing a D that is as good, if not better, than Bmore's and an O that is much better than Bmores.

Gotta...Gotta...Gotta establish the run. If BB can force it and keep the game close we've got a shot. But, I think you are going to see Brady exploit McGee. So, he's either gotta step up his game and show the world something or he's gonna get burnt.....

if i were a bills fan, i would be worried about the patriots spreading to the 5 WR set

i GUARANTEE they will do this early to try to get up 3-7 points early (they really emphasize scoring first, especially at the razor)

Interesting. 5 Wides will be tough for us to stop. Especially if Gray decides to try and bring the house on that one, which can only lead to big plays for NE. Still, if Vincent is healthy, we can at least contain the 5 wides with Milloy/Vincent/Clements/McGee/Reese. The last two aren't great, but not terrible either.

they will mix in a dillon run here and there, but the pass rush and the injuries to our o-line are neutralized by quick 3 step drops, which brady excels at

Dillon, while good, doesn't scare me. Our front 4 +Fletcher will stop Dillon. Will Sam Adams and Pat Williams in the middle, backed up by London Fletcher, forget about inside running. Outside, we have Spikes & Posey at LB, with Schobel & Kelsey at DE. I'm not worried that Dillon will get outside on us. Our defensive speed is too much.

on defense, bledsoe vs bb is a mismatch.

No question you are correct. However, to throw all your exotic blizes at Bledsoe, you need to first stop the run. I think you guys miss Ted Washington too much to do this versus McGahee.

Bottomline, if Willis gets 30+ carries, I think we'll win the game.

Interesting.  5 Wides will be tough for us to stop.  Especially if Gray decides to try and bring the house on that one, which can only lead to big plays for NE.  Still, if Vincent is healthy, we can at least contain the 5 wides with Milloy/Vincent/Clements/McGee/Reese.  The last two aren't great, but not terrible either.

Dillon, while good, doesn't scare me.  Our front 4 +Fletcher will stop Dillon.  Will Sam Adams and Pat Williams in the middle, backed up by London Fletcher, forget about inside running.  Outside, we have Spikes & Posey at LB, with Schobel & Kelsey at DE.  I'm not worried that Dillon will get outside on us.  Our defensive speed is too much.

No question you are correct.  However, to throw all your exotic blizes at Bledsoe, you need to first stop the run.  I think you guys miss Ted Washington too much to do this versus McGahee.

Bottomline, if Willis gets 30+ carries, I think we'll win the game.

109536[/snapback]

absolutely you will win if willis gets 30+ carries. hell, you'll have the ball all game. pittsburgh had the ball for about 42 minutes on us. there is no buzz in the papers here about mcgahee, but you guys seem to be really high on the guy, and understandibly so. but the rams were just completely dominated by our d-line, and they had a passing game that the pats had to worry about. i think that wilfork is a name that other teams in the division will remember. what is the buzz on henry up there?? if things stay as they are, will the bills trade him? he sounds like a guy who never won the bills fans over.

what is the buzz on henry up there?? if things stay as they are, will the bills trade him? he sounds like a guy who never won the bills fans over.

Henry is a very good NFL running back. But Willis is just a special talent. And I mean, special, as in OJ or Gale Sayers special. The Bills will deal Henry, probably to Arizona or some team in need of a proven NFL back for probably a 2nd round pick in the offseason, which is fine. I would wish Travis nothing but the best, he's been great for Buffalo, a good guy and team player. But by the end of next season, the buzz about McGahee will be that he is the #1 back in football.

but the rams were just completely dominated by our d-line, and they had a passing game that the pats had to worry about. i think that wilfork is a name that other teams in the division will remember.

The Rams/Seattle...these other teams from the NFC West don't have a clue how tough our division is every year. I'm not suprised the Pats hammered the Rams, bunch of wussies. When they come to Buffalo in 2 weeks, I'm thinking that dome team will just turtle, like Arizona, especially if we have Lake Effect Snow.

but the rams were just completely dominated by our d-line, and they had a passing game that the pats had to worry about.  i think that wilfork is a name that other teams in the division will remember.  what is the buzz on henry up there??  if things stay as they are, will the bills trade him? he sounds like a guy who never won the bills fans over.

109559[/snapback]

The Rams' MM can so outsmart himself sometimes. Whenever he can rationaliza playing the "air ball" game, he will (actually, he really couldn't rationalize it in the Super Bowl and he did anyway). He sees the Pats secondary is hobbled, and decides to go for it. I can guarantee you that you will not see a 17-40 run/pass ratio from the Bills, even if you get an early lead.

As far as Henry, he simply hasn't been a good fit for the Buffalo fans. He's had an off-field issue early, spent all his money, and is also looked upon as a cry-baby, a punk, and most importantly "not a team player" (vital in blue collar cities) because of the ways he lets the press get to him. He is also a one-dimensional player, excelling at carrying the ball (and tacklers) straight upfield, but nothing else. He's slow (when he does break through he gets caught from behind soon after), he's suspect at blitz pickup, lacks vision and doesn't have great hands. Then there's the fumbling that has plagued him...And this year he isn't even doing all that well in the North-South running department.

Unless of course the Patriots are looking at him. In which case he's an excellent back who should be the starter and I don't know why the Bills have benched him. Definitely worth at least a 1st round pick in trade value, but I don't know why they'd want to trade him! :lol:

As far as Henry, he simply hasn't been a good fit for the Buffalo fans. He's had an off-field issue early, spent all his money, and is also looked upon as a cry-baby, a punk, and most importantly "not a team player" (vital in blue collar cities) because of the ways he lets the press get to him. He is also a one-dimensional player, excelling at carrying the ball (and tacklers) straight upfield, but nothing else. He's slow (when he does break through he gets caught from behind soon after), he's suspect at blitz pickup, lacks vision and doesn't have great hands. Then there's the fumbling that has plagued him...And this year he isn't even doing all that well in the North-South running department.

Now thats going a little far. He has his limits but the guy was a good NFL running back, who played very hurt last year for a stevestojantty team. Fumbling hasn't been an issue since 2002, who cares who he is screwing off the field (as long as they're not related to me), and who cares what he does with his money. Suspect at blitz pickup, poor hand and vison I'll give you. But this guy is in the top half of capable NFL running backs. Is he a special talent, no. But could he fit well in an offense like Arizona's, sure.

I stated before that the Pats will force teams to either stop Dillon or stop Brady but not both. You could say that about the Bills too as far as stopping McGahee or Bledsoe's air attack. I think the Pats will focus on stopping the run game and forcing Drew to beat them through the air. They will then try to capitalize on any mistakes Drew might make.

I stated before that the Pats will force teams to either stop Dillon or stop Brady but not both. You could say that about the Bills too as far as stopping McGahee or Bledsoe's air attack. I think the Pats will focus on stopping the run game and forcing Drew to beat them through the air. They will then try to capitalize on any mistakes Drew might make.

Except that I think we can stop DIllon without overcommiting guys in the box. Just with our base defense. No knock on Dillon there. Brady, however, will have his moments against our secondary. We just have to hope we keep the ball and tire out your D.

The Pats won't stop Willis. I don't care if you put 8 men in the box. The Bills will run the ball. Then when the blitz is off, take advantage of your injured 2ndary.

Now thats going a little far.  He has his limits but the guy was a good NFL running back, who played very hurt last year for a stevestojantty team.  Fumbling hasn't been an issue since 2002, who cares who he is screwing off the field (as long as they're not related to me), and who cares what he does with his money.  Suspect at blitz pickup, poor hand and vison I'll give you.  But this guy is in the top half of capable NFL running backs.  Is he a special talent, no.  But could he fit well in an offense like Arizona's, sure.

109743[/snapback]

I was providing the knocks against him, why those in Buffalo did not like him. I was just thinking about how he did receive credit for "playing hurt." I was a Henry supporter, up until his under-performing of this season. Even you say he "was a good NFL running back."

He/she asked the question"What's the buzz...he never seemed to win the bills fans over." I answered it.

Except that I think we can stop DIllon without overcommiting  guys in the box.  Just with our base defense.  No knock on Dillon there.  Brady, however, will have his moments against our secondary.  We just have to hope we keep the ball and tire out your D.

The Pats won't stop Willis.  I don't care if you put 8 men in the box.  The Bills will run the ball.  Then when the blitz is off, take advantage of your injured 2ndary.

109783[/snapback]

That sounds a bit homeristic dont you think? You're underestimating Corey Dillon and overestimating Willis McGahee.

That sounds a bit homeristic dont you think? You're underestimating Corey Dillon and overestimating Willis McGahee.

Maybe. But I'm not underestimating Dillon, he's good. But our run defense is one of the best in football. On McGahee....you'll see, just like the Jets and Miami saw.