Joe DeLamielleure Comments/Jason Peters/O-line

LOL! After your "not all that great" equals "not a good player," you shouldn't be talking about what others can or cannot understand.

Oh really? Because you seem to think a player's "value" means "how good he is." That says enough right there.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw something in Peters we didn't like?

Then why did we offer him the highest contract in Bills history, according to Russ. How do these two facts go together?

And I would be a lot more supportive of getting rid of Peters if I thought we had replaced him adequately. I don't. Time will tell.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the evening. Have a good night, or morning for you folks living anywhere near Buffalo.

You have me at a loss as to why we offered him as much as we did. I have no idea why/how they go together. I personally think we had good starters at both T positions (if JP just shows up and works) but our interior line sucked. That was addressed in the off season. We picked up a new center, LG, and RG in FA and the draft. We also picked up McKinney who is a previous starter in this league for depth. I feel the interior of the line is more important than the exterior. Obviously you cant just throw anyone in at LT, or RT, but with a beefed up interior and decent T's the line SHOULD be better. I think we played alright with Walker at LT last year which would make him decent. Is he the best in the league? No, hes not, but he should be enough to get the job done. At least this is what were hoping.

How many teams offered TO a contract? Does that speak to his ability?

Do you know for a fact that there were no teams who might have been interested in him, but were playing a waiting game until after the draft? Do you really think the Bills maximized what they could have gotten for Peters, or took the best offer at the time, to get the whole thing behind them?

The Bills were the first team TO visited and he signed with them before he could visit any other teams. There was no rush for him to sign with the Bills, and it's not like the 1-year $6.5M deal, which was less than what #2 WR's had just signed for, much less #1 WR's, was an offer he couldn't refuse, or an offer that the Bills were going to pull off the table if he left. But given his age and all the talk about his dropped passes, as well has his perceived cancerous nature, I could see that some teams felt he wasn't a top player anymore.

As for maximizing what they got for him, I have no doubt they did. They did the deal a week before the draft, which was probably their deadline.

Oh really? Because you seem to think a player's "value" means "how good he is." That says enough right there.

Another generalization. In this instance, Peters had "value" to more than just the Eagles, since at least 2 other teams were looking for starting LT's, and ended up using high picks and tons of money for unproven players. As for the "how good he is," the Eagles said he is the "best LT in football." So in this case, "value" should relate to "how good he is." Unless you want to suggest that the Eagles OVER "valued" Peters, because they had no better options at LT.

Another generalization. In this instance, Peters had "value" to more than just the Eagles, since at least 2 other teams were looking for starting LT's. As for the "how good he is," the Eagles said he is the "best LT in football." So in this case, "value" equals "how good he is." Unless you want to suggest that the Eagles OVER "valued" Peters, because they had no better options at LT.

My God, you are a moron.

Let me ask you this: When you go to buy a new car, is "how good the car is" the only thing you consider when buying it? Or does the term "value" have more factors that goes into it?

Um, no. It takes real talent to misquote YOURSELF.

You posted "the Bills will not miss a beat without FatStupidLazyLoad at LT. In fact, their OL will likely be vastly improved this season." Without any apparent clue about my positions on the Bills line this season.

Seriously, misquoting yourself. That is a high-quality move. You're a man to watch.

Really???

Please check my post - the one you replied to...

link

...then, STFU.

The Bills were the first team TO visited and he signed with them before he could visit any other teams. There was no rush for him to sign with the Bills, and it's not like the 1-year $6.5M deal, which was less than what #2 WR's had just signed for, much less #1 WR's, was an offer he couldn't refuse, or an offer that the Bills were going to pull off the table if he left. But given his age and all the talk about his dropped passes, as well has his perceived cancerous nature, I could see that some teams felt he wasn't a top player anymore.

As for maximizing what they got for him, I have no doubt they did. They did the deal a week before the draft, which was probably their deadline.

But not the deadline of the other teams...therein lies the rub. And the market for Owens was reportedly VERY limited. I think both of these players could have commanded more (Owens in $$, Peters in compensation for the Bills) had the controlling parties (Rosenhaus/Bills FO) been willing to wait.

My God, you are a moron.

Let me ask you this: When you go to buy a new car, is "how good the car is" the only thing you consider when buying it? Or does the term "value" have more factors that goes into it?

It depends on the situation, you simpleton. You cannot use vapid generalizations to defend worthless points.

But since you asked, if I'm desperate for a used but road-tested car, because I've got a job I need to get to and no other means of transportation, I'll likely "value" it more than others who may be looking at it, and thus overspend to get it. The others see what I'm willing to spend and may opt for a newer car which costs as much, but could turn out to be a lemon. Capiche, or should I put it in even more simpler terms for you?

You do realize the Bills are one of two teams to have missed the playoffs nine straight years, right?. Oh sure, they'll get one personnel move right every now and then, but that ain't enough kitty kat.

Frankly, it needs to happen on the field for me before I rubber stamp these moves. You talk about the franchise as if they're a perennial success story but they're not.

Hope, change, and optimism don't mean crap to me pal and I know the casual uninformed fans will latch onto anything to make themselves feel good, but not everyone thinks your way.

Here, Here for the realist!!! :rolleyes::nana:0:)

It depends on the situation, you simpleton. You cannot use vapid generalizations to defend worthless points.

But since you asked, if I'm desperate for a used but road-tested car, because I've got a job I need to get to and no other means of transportation, I'll likely "value" it more than others who may be looking at it, and thus overspend to get it. The others see what I'm willing to spend and may opt for a newer car which costs as much, but could turn out to be a lemon. Capiche, or should I put it in even more simpler terms for you?

Oh, boy. I give up. There's no hope for trying to make your brain process things it just can't seem to process.

But not the deadline of the other teams...therein lies the rub. And the market for Owens was reportedly VERY limited. I think both of these players could have commanded more (Owens in $, Peters in compensation for the Bills) had the controlling parties (Rosenhaus/Bills FO) been willing to wait.

In the case of Peters, he was a known commodity in the face of unknown draftees, and this was a weak draft for LT's (and BTW, I forgot to mention the Jags taking Eugene Monroe with the 8th overall, which makes it 3 teams taking LT's high in the draft). And a 2010 first rounder really does the Bills no good this year, even in trade since it's at-best worth a 2nd rounder in the 2009 draft. I'm sure the Bills got the offer from the Eagles and told other prospective teams about it to see if any would beat it. And since they did the deal a week before the draft, it tells me that other teams said "thanks but no thanks."

As for TO, what was reported and what is the reality could be two different things. He could have had the Bills, another named team, and an unnamed team curious about him. We don't know.

How many teams offered TO a contract? Does that speak to his ability?

Do you know for a fact that there were no teams who might have been interested in him, but were playing a waiting game until after the draft? Do you really think the Bills maximized what they could have gotten for Peters, or took the best offer at the time, to get the whole thing behind them?

IMO, a players ability extends to the other areas of a football team. JP was a distraction who let his play slip due to contract concerns and that affects his abilities on the field and in the lockerroom.

After the draft his value would have plummeted. Teams in desperate need of a LT would have already filled the position in the draft. IMO

Man, you guys kill me. You seem to just make up quotes saying whatever you feel like and putting them into people's mouths without ever actually checking whether the guy said that.

LET'S SEE A LINK having Peters saying that he didn't want to work because he wasn't getting paid. You won't be able to find one, of course, because he never said that.

It kills me. You guys are all the time going off with a thought process like

1) I hate Peters

2) Therefore he must have said something horrible

3) So I'll make up something and say he said it.

And yeah, he was fat and lazy and didn't want to work, which is why he was the second-best run-blocker of all LTs in the league. In an off-year, a year in which he didn't attend training camp. He was the best run-blocker on the Bills. But yeah, doubtless that was because he didn't want to work. This is so pathetic. Again the thought process is just that you hate the guy so you say whatever you want regardless of whether there is anything to back it up, and then you pretend that it's a fact.

I really should just ignore such nonsense, but I so enjoy shredding it.

Check the stats on footballoutsiders.com if you doubt what I said above about his run blocking this year. Which was, again, a bad year for him. 2nd best in the league.

LINKY

Asked if the contract situation affected his play, Peters said: “A little bit. I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn’t a big deal.”

Peters was asked to respond to the stat that indicated he gave up 11.5 sacks last year.

“That’s the first time I’ve heard that stat. I don’t recall giving up that many. If they charged me with that many, so what? I’m an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I’m only human. I’m going to give 100% on every play.”

IMO, a players ability extends to the other areas of a football team. JP was a distraction who let his play slip due to contract concerns and that affects his abilities on the field and in the lockerroom.

After the draft his value would have plummeted. Teams in desperate need of a LT would have already filled the position in the draft. IMO

LINKY

Asked if the contract situation affected his play, Peters said: “A little bit. I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn’t a big deal.”

Peters was asked to respond to the stat that indicated he gave up 11.5 sacks last year.

“That’s the first time I’ve heard that stat. I don’t recall giving up that many. If they charged me with that many, so what? I’m an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I’m only human. I’m going to give 100% on every play.”

Thanks Steely, I knew it was out there but didnt feel the need to prove myself. Im also at work and pretending to be busy. LOL

Thanks Steely, I knew it was out there but didnt feel the need to prove myself. Im also at work and pretending to be busy. LOL

It won't matter, really. He'll just say something like; "Only a little! C'mon you've got to be kidding me. Is that really your proof!

This is the quote I was referring to:

I will not miss Peters ever. He was fat, lazy and didnt want to work. He proved that by his play in 08' and then he followed it up with his comments that he didnt want to work because he wasnt getting paid.

But now, after I call you on that and say that you made up the quote, you change to this:

It was in the Eagles press conference that he said that he absolutley was effected by his contract issue looming over head. I think its pretty funny that in both of the last 2 seasons that as soon as the Bills were out of playoff contention that the fat s*@t head came down with a boo-boo and couldnt play.

Im not looking for the link, its there. There are plenty of other posters on this board that have seen and heard it just like I did. I dont need to justify that your wrong on that. Its a fact. It happened.

If you really want to play the sarcasm game in your long drawn out post I will add to it. He was extremely in shape after missing all of OTA's, Training Camp, Mini Camp, and Pre-Season. He missed the first game because he wasnt in football shape. He sat out half of the 2nd game of the season because he was too winded and not in football shape. He sat out full quarters throughout the middle of the season because he was out of football shape. He missed the last 2 games of the season because he had a boo-boo that just happened to come about as soon as the Bills were out of the playoff hunt. Oh, and if you want to check stats on sites, why dont you check the stat that he also gave up the most sack of any starting LT in the league? Thats right, you want to praise what he did well (allegedly) and forget about the rest.

Give me a break. We can go on all day about this. The fact is that he didnt care about the team enough to practice with them in the off season, and when we tried to re-sign him he complained that he wanted more and more money, and ended up signing for Philly for close to the same that we offered. He didnt want to be here so get over him.

Somehow your quote from Peters here has changed from "his comments that he didnt want to work because he wasnt getting paid." Now suddenly you say that your comment was only that "it affected him."

Which proves my point. You made up the first comment from the first post completely.

And I agree that he wasn't in football shape. But there's only one way to get in football shape, and that is to play football. Peters didn't do that because he was holding out, which was the fault of both parties for not coming to an agreement, Peters and OBD.

And the evidence is very supportive of the possibility that Philly offered him a fair amount more than we did. There's no way you can be sure that the two were close at all. Most likely Peters got .5 or .75 million more per year, but it may have also included stuff like more guaranteed money, etc.

Peters signed for about what most people predicted from the beginning he would get. If you split Peters's original offer and the Bills original offer down the middle, you get about what he signed for with Philly. Blaming Peters for signing for a little more makes exactly as much sense as blaming the Bills for not paying him what Philly offered in the first place.

You don't know he didn't want to be here. What you know is that he signed for market value and there is no proof whatsoever that the Bills gave him a comparable offer.

It looks to me, as it does to many others, that Peters expected an offer of about what he got right from the beginning, was surprised the Bills didn't step up, and finally realized that he would have to go elsewhere to get market value.

This is the quote from you I was referring to.

No this is;

Asked if the contract situation affected his play, Peters said: “A little bit. I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract

Somehow your quote from Peters here has changed from "his comments that he didnt want to work because he wasnt getting paid." Now suddenly you say that your comment was only that "it affected him."

See above.

Which proves my point. You made up the first comment from the first post completely.

And I agree that he wasn't in football shape. But there's only one way to get in football shape, and that is to play football. Peters didn't do that because he was holding out, which was the fault of both parties for not coming to an agreement, Peters and OBD.

And the evidence is very supportive of the possibility that Philly offered him a fair amount more than we did. There's no way you can be sure that the two were close at all. Most likely Peters got .5 or .75 million more, but it may have also included stuff like more guaranteed money, etc.

Peters signed for about what most people predicted from the beginning he would get. If you split Peters's original offer and the Bills original offer down the middle, you get about what he signed for with Philly. Blaming Peters for signing for a little more makes exactly as much sense as blaming the Bills for not paying him what Philly offered in the first place.

You don't know he didn't want to be here. What you know is that he signed for market value and there is no proof whatsoever that the Bills gave him a comparable offer.

It looks to me, as it does to many others, that Peters expected an offer of about what he got right from the beginning, was surprised the Bills didn't step up, and finally realized that he would have to go elsewhere to get market value.

If there's only one way to get into football shape what are the offseason conditioning programs, mini camps, OTA's and training camp all about? Peters didn't participate in any of those in 2008 because he was putting himself above the team.