Truly a WTF moment.

BLZFAN4LIFE

Wow, Jack White should be allowed to kick each of those guys in the teeth for that abortion of a cover. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to use vocals for the bass line?

That's pretty much the ORB's trademark. But it's still a valid question. :lol:

The Oak Ridge Boys did this with Jack Whites' blessing. I heard them interviewed during South By Southwest, and they mentioned that they had gotten to know White, through his work on the Loretta Lynn record. IIRC, White was actually set to produce their record at one point, but something caused a change of plans...

The Oak Ridge Boys did this with Jack Whites' blessing. I heard them interviewed during South By Southwest, and they mentioned that they had gotten to know White, through his work on the Loretta Lynn record. IIRC, White was actually set to produce their record at one point, but something caused a change of plans...

After the initial shock of seeing this performance for the first time, I assumed it was. Jack White is headquartered in Nashville, TN with his new office/studio/record stamping plant/store, Third Man Records. As you mentioned, he has worked with Loretta Lynn and he has covered Dolly Parton's Jolene. So there is a significant Country/Western connection among his eclectic pursuits.

After the initial shock of seeing this performance for the first time, I assumed it was. Jack White is headquartered in Nashville, TN with his new office/studio/record stamping plant/store, Third Man Records. As you mentioned, he has worked with Loretta Lynn and he has covered Dolly Parton's Jolene. So there is a significant Country/Western connection among his eclectic pursuits.

As someone who likes good country music (most of what people who hate country music point to as country music is crap, but as with anything else, there is always good buried under the trash), one of the after affects of Johnny Cash's Rick Ruben, "American Recordings" (which is excellent) is a lot of aging, over the hill country acts, who were never all that good (Oak Ridge Boys) trying to lash on to the hipness factor of younger musicians, like Jack White. Personally, I didn't really like the record he did with Loretta Lynn (not very musical), but it garnered a lot of praise from music outlets that would never have given a new Loretta Lynn record the time of day.