Who is the weakest link in the Bills chain?

There are many to choose from, and numerous severely unknowns unaccounted for.

If I had to pick one weak link, I guess I would pick Trent Edwards. He has been spectacularly inconsistent, and will be playing behind a problematic O-line. He gets to have his nose rubbed into it on opening day. Add Turkey Schonert and Alex van Punt to the equation, and...

Buffalo has over 13 mil in available cap and decided to stay with Ellison so perhaps he is not as bad as many of you might think.

Trent is not a weak link, he is a strength in my opinion.

Coaching is questionable at best.

The weak link is probably depth at Defensive end, Linebacker and Left Offensive Tackle

Let me take that back, not sure we even have a starter at LT but that brings me back to the 13 mil in cap space.....perhaps nothing is as bad as most fans believe......

CHECK IT

He's a nice player but he's probably overrated.

CHECK IT

Beast mode is solid. Dude plays with intensity. He's a tough runner. He's not the fastest back in the league and at times his field vision is questionable but I love his style. If you put him behind a good run blocking line or an offense with a respected passing game, his stats would be among the league leaders.

IMO the weakest links are depth at certain positions.

The one that really stands out is OLB. We can argue all day long about the merits of Ellison, but if either starting OLB gets hurt, his replacement will be a unproven rookie.

OT is another depth concern. If per chance Levitre isn't ready to start the season, and Chambers wins that job, our #3 OT will be Bell, who IIRC didn't dress for a single game last season.

The one that really stands out is OLB. We can argue all day long about the merits of Ellison, but if either starting OLB gets hurt, his replacement will be a unproven rookie.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard how John DiGiorgio's recovery's going? (Yes, I know he's a MLB.)

CHECK IT

Beast mode is solid. Dude plays with intensity. He's a tough runner. He's not the fastest back in the league and at times his field vision is questionable but I love his style. If you put him behind a good run blocking line or an offense with a respected passing game, his stats would be among the league leaders.

The creed of a Bill; "Motor always running, loves the game, plays every down"... The problem is lack of talent..

Speaking of which, has anyone heard how John DiGiorgio's recovery's going? (Yes, I know he's a MLB.)

from camp roster in Buffalo news:

52 John DiGiorgio LB 6-2 229 27 4 Sag. Valley St. Rehab from knee injury may take all summer.

Guest dog14787
The creed of a Bill; "Motor always running, loves the game, plays every down"... The problem is lack of talent..

Marshawn is Fairly new to the NFL and still has allot to learn, plus because of Buffalo's inability to throw the ball well we have been way to predictable running the ball. Despite having the odds stacked against him, Marshawn has still ran good enough to get acknowledged by his peers as being one of the best RB's in the game. In the proper setting offensively which Marshawn should see this year, he will have allot more open space and should reek havic on opposing defenses.

However I understand why some folks would call Marshawn the weakest link when he's perfectly healthy ,but missing the first three games of the season. (we hope gets reduced)

Weakest link? There are many weak links, but you want the weakest one... clearly, overwhelmingly, and undisputable it is Dick Jauron. He is a big LOSER. Bills have no chance with him as HC. This guy does not deserve to be even a defensive or special teams coordinator... he is an average position coach at the NFL level.

The Bills still have NO legitimate Tight End. I was hoping they would really address this in the off season.

Tight Ends

Derek Schouman

Derek Fine

Shawn Nelson

Jonathan Stupar

Travis McCall

:thumbsup:

Marshawn is Fairly new to the NFL and still has allot to learn, plus because of Buffalo's inability to throw the ball well we have been way to predictable running the ball. Despite having the odds stacked against him, Marshawn has still ran good enough to get acknowledged by his peers as being one of the best RB's in the game. In the proper setting offensively which Marshawn should see this year, he will have allot more open space and should reek havic on opposing defenses.

However I understand why some folks would call Marshawn the weakest link when he's perfectly healthy ,but missing the first three games of the season. (we hope gets reduced)

First, ML isn't "relatively new to the league"--he's entering his 3rd season. He's at least halfway towards the end of his productive years--especially as a RB.

Second, if the passing game improves and he gets fewer touches (and with a respectable 4.1 yards per), I don't see him putting up bigger numbers than last season--even if he wasn't going to miss games.

The single biggest weak link is DJ--how can any say otherwise?

Buffalo has over 13 mil in available cap and decided to stay with Ellison so perhaps he is not as bad as many of you might think.

Trent is not a weak link, he is a strength in my opinion.

Coaching is questionable at best.

The weak link is probably depth at Defensive end, Linebacker and Left Offensive Tackle

Let me take that back, not sure we even have a starter at LT but that brings me back to the 13 mil in cap space.....perhaps nothing is as bad as most fans believe......

Or perhaps the organization is not as competent as you might believe.