Again...the team that will eventually move to L.A. is the Jags

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA has tried and failed to support teams in the past, why try again?

Other markets such as San Antonio, Portland, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, or even international cities like Toronto stand a better chance of holding a team than LA.

LA has tried and failed to support teams in the past, why try again?

Other markets such as San Antonio, Portland, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, or even international cities like Toronto stand a better chance of holding a team than LA.

Portland - in Seattle market (I think)

Toronto - in Buffalo market ( :lol: )

Las Vegas - I heard they won't because its on gambling grounds

Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Omaha are my choices. I go with Omaha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacoblink/2712775022/sizes/o/

Omaha? They are in Kansas City's market and not a very large city. Its metro is smaller than Buffalo's. Expect San Antonio and LA first.

I'd think San Antonio would come up against the same problem the Jaguars have faced - trying to gain football fan allegiance in an established market. In Jacksonville, the locals were/are already wrapped in Gator blue and orange, and the NFL team is always the Dolphins.

In San Antonio, the Cowboys are the longtime heros, and they've got the Aggies and Longhorns nearby too.

I don't believe the NFL team would do much better in San Antonio.

Dallas isn't that far to the north, and the expansion Houston Texans are even closer to the east.

Not much south (maybe Mexico?) or west of San Antonio to draw from. By all accounts, San Antonio is a really nice city, but I can't see they'd get great support, unless there are plenty of deep corporate pockets who will gladly fill the lucrative luxury suites and make it worthwhile. (sad, if that's what it's really come to)

Portland - it's about the same distance from Seattle as Buffalo is to Syracuse. Don't think the Seahawks would be too happy about a Portland team.

L.A. seems like the logical choice, if they have to go anywhere.

O.K. by me - that would be one more city we could cross off the list as a potential home to the Bills.

The USA metro areas are about saturated, and I think the NFL is running out of cities to run to. I think team owners are running out of places to use as a bargaining chip for new digs and other municipal concessions.

I just don't believe Toronto could support an NFL team. They can barely sell out the Bills games. Didn't they just about have to give away tickets for the Dolphins game last year?

getting off track here, but......

The more I hear, the more I think the Bills are safe and should be in the Buffalo/Niagara market for many more years.

I love the Niagara Falls stadium idea. A retractable dome (could be used for conventions, superbowls, etc.) in the falls would be convenient for Canadian fans, tourists, WNYers, and I believe would attract wealthy business people from NY, Toronto, Buffalo, and elsewhere to buy up the necessary luxury suites to keep the team competative. What a great weekend for entertaining clients - the background of Niagara Falls, wining and dining, and topped off with a catered NFL luxury box, with views of the falls from the suite. Picture that! Can you imagine the panoramic shots from the Metlife blimp?

That would be a must see venue for NFL fans doing the stadium circuit.

The Bills future could be very bright if handled properly. Jacksonville - screw 'em.

seattle should move north to vancouver and become the Vancouver Storm! (thats my friends team when we do a madden franchise) The color scheme is grey and red and white, and he creates different formations such as "mud slide", and "white lightening" and it always rains in Van in the game and he has a huge home feild advantage. were lucky this team dont exist!!!

No Home Preseason Games Shown

Every year its the same in J-ville...its inevitable...this is the team that will relocate to L.A. or somewhere else...

NOTE: it has come down to tarping off 17% of the stadium to just have sellouts!

If L.A. actually breaks ground on a new stadium (if ever), no team would have to relocate to play in it. Cleveland and Houston got expansion franchises after their teams left town. L.A. could simply get an expansion team if the NFL wants its TV exposure so much.

I love the Niagara Falls stadium idea. A retractable dome (could be used for conventions, superbowls, etc.) in the falls would be convenient for Canadian fans, tourists, WNYers, and I believe would attract wealthy business people from NY, Toronto, Buffalo, and elsewhere to buy up the necessary luxury suites to keep the team competative. What a great weekend for entertaining clients - the background of Niagara Falls, wining and dining, and topped off with a catered NFL luxury box, with views of the falls from the suite. Picture that! Can you imagine the panoramic shots from the Metlife blimp?

That would be a must see venue for NFL fans doing the stadium circuit.

The Bills future could be very bright if handled properly. Jacksonville - screw 'em.

Ditto this!

Here's to hoping! :lol:

As for the Jax comment, Ditto this too!

The reasons I stated San Antonio are because Dallas and Houston are both over 3 hours drive away. Yes UT and and A&M, heck even Baylor is close. However, San Antonio did a very good job hosting New Orleans while they were displaced.

Also, San Antonio, being a military town has a lot of people from outside the area and from personal experience, I've not seen as much a die hard NFL fanship of any particular team. However, say one bad thing about the Spurs or Longhorns down there and prepare to be lynched.

Texas in general did not get hit as hard as other parts of the country during the recession, in fact job opportunities and disposable income improved for the most part during that time period so the area could economically afford to pick up a team. Compare that to southern Cal that has been on the downslope even prior to the recession and you'll see the economics of putting something in LA makes no sense.

Also we've seen in the past that Cal cannot support more than 3 teams. However, Texas, probably the biggest football state in the US, having only two and a growing populous would stand a better chance that possibly anywhere else in the US.

Are there downsides? Yes of course, San Antonio/Bexar county would definitely need to build a new stadium to host a club. The Alamodome can suffice for a while, but its overall capacity is too low. Land is pretty pricey so getting a new stadium built would be pretty expensive. SA is a pretty spread out town so mass transit is a bit lacking as well, which would force many more fans to have to drive to the stadium so parking is a must and traffic patterns would have to be adjusted.

All and all, its a large market that loves football and has shown the ability to support an NFL team which should make it an interesting choice.

The Jags have been one of the more successful teams over the last decade yet they continue to struggle to sell out, even hiding 10,000+ seats. Their fanbase is a joke and it is insulting to great NFL towns like Buffalo that they are mentioned in the same breath as Jacksonville in regards to moving. I hate the idea of any team moving but there is no question it should be Jax if one does move at all.

Wayne Weaver already said he is going to be the owner for the next 10 years... also said he was going to keep the team in jacksonville.. so how are they going to move?

oh come on Jax, it's not that bad, there is always Direct TV, you won't miss a snap.

No Home Preseason Games Shown

Every year its the same in J-ville...its inevitable...this is the team that will relocate to L.A. or somewhere else...

NOTE: it has come down to tarping off 17% of the stadium to just have sellouts!

The FUNNIEST thing in the Link is an ad for Stub Hub..........................Jacksonville Jaguar Tickets. Sold out? Not here. www.stubHub.com :thumbsup:

oh come on Jax, it's not that bad, there is always Direct TV, you won't miss a snap.

Listen guys lets end it once and for all, Im not a jacksonville fan at all, but its not going to happen... The thing is you hear in Buffalo that the bills are going to move all the the time... But down here, you never here anything about them moving. Wayne weaver is going to be the owner of the jags for a long time and going to keep them in jacksonville no doubt.. Paul taglibue is already in place to be the next ownwer anyway. The thing is in 10 years jags games will be sold out every sunday... The jags have only been around for 15 years and that means in 10 more years all those little jags fans will be grownups and there going to buy tickets... The only thing I have a problem with is threads like these... Everybody is guarenteeing that the jags will move... everybody is going to be surprised when they stay.... and does everybody know that not putting butts in the stadium is only about a 10% reason why someone would move..

Listen guys lets end it once and for all, Im not a jacksonville fan at all, but its not going to happen... The thing is you hear in Buffalo that the bills are going to move all the the time... But down here, you never here anything about them moving. Wayne weaver is going to be the owner of the jags for a long time and going to keep them in jacksonville no doubt.. Paul taglibue is already in place to be the next ownwer anyway. The thing is in 10 years jags games will be sold out every sunday... The jags have only been around for 15 years and that means in 10 more years all those little jags fans will be grownups and there going to buy tickets... The only thing I have a problem with is threads like these... Everybody is guarenteeing that the jags will move... everybody is going to be surprised when they stay.... and does everybody know that not putting butts in the stadium is only about a 10% reason why someone would move..

20 years ago Soccer fans were saying.....................Just wait, when the 5 & 6 year old kids that play Soccer are in their 20's, Soccer will be HUGE in America :thumbsup:

20 years ago Soccer fans were saying.....................Just wait, when the 5 & 6 year old kids that play Soccer are in their 20's, Soccer will be HUGE in America :devil:

because its soccer and the sport is not popular here... But I guess you could say football isnt popular in America. :thumbsup:

because its soccer and the sport is not popular here... But I guess you could say football isnt popular in America. :thumbsup:

The point is, just as you are saying young fans will grow up to be Jags fans, Soccer fans were saying youngsters that grow up playing Soccer will become Soccer fans as adults & the game will become popular in America. Guess what, they didn't, they are Football fans & the young fans you speak of will grow up to be Fins & Bucs fans NOT Jag fans. Also provide a link about Weaver keeping the team in JVille & Tags taking the team over................I would like to read that for myself.