Congrats To Coy Wire

Rico

for making it thru the 1st cut. :lol:

7833[/snapback]

What do you mean? Don't you know he has unlimited potential and will be our starter at FS? :lol:

Coy is one of the best special teamers we have had since Tasker. He is also a servicable SS. he isn't going anywhere.

7835[/snapback]

coy and tasker shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. i for one have never seen coy block a punt or even revover a fumble on special teams. i'm sorry i just don't see the love affair with this guy. i mean yeah it's great that he has the coy wire foundation, but what has he really done on the field. nada..

coy and tasker shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.  i for one have never seen coy block a punt or even revover a fumble on special teams.  i'm sorry i just don't see the love affair with this guy.  i mean yeah it's great that he has the coy wire foundation, but what has he really done on the field.  nada..

7852[/snapback]

I never saw him block a kick - but I did see him get a roughing the kicker penalty that almost blew the game at Cinci last year. But he looked very athletic/powerful doing it - almost Tasker-like.

I been wondering about the legion that drinks from the Coy Kool Aid Fountain for years. Their assessment of his football abilities does not completely mesh with reality.

i'm sorry i just don't see the love affair with this guy

--------------------------------------------------------------

it's simple. He's an undersized white boy playing in the NFL. Just like most of us...except for the NFL part.

Why do you think John Lynch was/is so popular?

coy and tasker shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.  i for one have never seen coy block a punt or even revover a fumble on special teams.  i'm sorry i just don't see the love affair with this guy.  i mean yeah it's great that he has the coy wire foundation, but what has he really done on the field.  nada..

7852[/snapback]

You might want to review your game tape from last year. If you think being a great special teamer is measured by the amount of turnovers you single handedly generate, all I can say is wow. What has happened to the football IQ on this board the past couple of weeks?

First, Wire did not make it past the first cutdown. That is next week. The Bills just got halfway there a few days ahead of schedule.

Second, Wire is not a great ST player, and arguably not even a really good one. He is a serviceable ST player and possibly may become a serviceable safety. Please do not compare Coy to any really good or great players.

The problem lies with deciding to continue the Coy Wire project, or begin to develop a hotter, younger prospect. The final decision will be based on guys like Rashad Baker's development as well as in commiting the starters to ST play.

No matter how you slice it, there is likely no way that both Prioleau and Wire stick. As much as I wish it weren't true, right now Prioleau is a more effective player.

You might want to review your game tape from last year. If you think being a great special teamer is measured by the amount of turnovers you single handedly generate, all I can say is wow. What has happened to the football IQ on this board the past couple of weeks?

7871[/snapback]

now don't get me wrong i like the guy.. but, great special teamers ARE measured buy turn overs, forced fumbles and tackles not assisted tackles either. tasker and mark pike were probably the best we WILL ever see along with there leadership helping carry the special teams the last decade. and they DID make the plays (by this i mean turn overs and shoe string tackles) that were needed to turn the momentum of games back then. i know he's young and has a giant heart but i just haven't seen it yet.

First, Wire did not make it past the first cutdown.  That is next week.  The Bills just got halfway there a few days ahead of schedule.

Second, Wire is not a great ST player, and arguably not even a really good one.  He is a serviceable ST player and possibly may become a serviceable safety.  Please do not compare Coy to any really good or great players.

The problem lies with deciding to continue the Coy Wire project, or begin to develop a hotter, younger prospect.  The final decision will be based on guys like Rashad Baker's development as well as in commiting the starters to ST play.

No matter how you slice it, there is likely no way that both Prioleau and Wire stick.  As much as I wish it weren't true, right now Prioleau is a more effective player.

7879[/snapback]

i agree totally.

Did he make a solo tackle? :lol:

Wait - I should have checked before I made that comment. Where is Wire on the criticism meter? Is he more toward the Bledsoe side (can't be criticized otherwise the Thought Police follow you around) or the Pucillo side (rip away, good taste be damned)?

Coy Wire will be fine!

Neither Tasker nor Pike we're Special teams Ace after 2 years...

In the NFL, the 3rd year is the magic one....

If Wire doesn't cut it this year, he'll be out next year...

But, as of right now, Imho, he'll make the team as our backup at SS, and might break out as a special teams ace...

Keep the faith, people!

Later,

Pat

Did he make a solo tackle?  :lol:

Wait - I should have checked before I made that comment.  Where is Wire on the criticism meter?  Is he more toward the Bledsoe side (can't be criticized otherwise the Thought Police follow you around) or the Pucillo side (rip away, good taste be damned)?

7990[/snapback]

Well if nothing else you are creative. You managed to work Bledsoe into a thread about Coy Wire.

Did he make a solo tackle?  :lol:

Wait - I should have checked before I made that comment.  Where is Wire on the criticism meter?  Is he more toward the Bledsoe side (can't be criticized otherwise the Thought Police follow you around) or the Pucillo side (rip away, good taste be damned)?

7990[/snapback]

Where's the dead horse guy when you need him?

Got it. But aside, how do you think NE's rather slim margins of victory last year will stand up this season?

8064[/snapback]

It all depends on whether you think it's a trend, or an anomaly:

Patriots, post-Bledsoe era, games decided by 6 points or less: 16-1

Overtime: 7-0

It all depends on whether you think it's a trend, or an anomaly:

Patriots, post-Bledsoe era, games decided by 6 points or less:  16-1

Overtime: 7-0

8074[/snapback]

I'm guessing the trend/anomoly response - guessing - referred to my words about the Pat's thin victory margins last year (no fortune cookie stuff please).

Not an oblique reference to DB.

But can a 6 pt ave. margin as you state withstand the NFL's seeming desire to juice things up?

Do you think Brady can be effective in a shoot-out?