Pansy QBs

Chris Chandler a/k/a "Crystal Chandelier". Always liked that nickname. :doh:

Also Jim Harbaugh, for getting decked by Jim Kelly (yeah, Jimbo's tough...but still...)

And Rob Johnson, the only QB I've ever seen listed on an injury report as questionable with a strained ass.

I nominate A.J. Feeley. I can't seem to find the video clip, but when he was with the dolphins, he was hit and injured his ass so much that he got up doing some weird dance move i've never seen before or since.

As for RJ... He was an absolute horrible QB, he was injured A LOT, but I'd nominate him as one of the toughest QBs ever. Dude took some major hits and kept getting up. He was stupid to stay in there so long, but he got beat down and kept getting back up. His only redeeming quality.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it still hurts, it doesn't really hurt coming from a Bill's fan. That loss still haunts me I have dreams where Asante makes that pick, or Thomas plants Eli on the turf. But then I just think of 2001 and its sweetness takes the bitterness of 07 right out of my mouth, and by the time I get to thinking about 03 and 04, 07 is a distant memory, sure it would have been nice to have had the greatest team in history but it doesn't mean I can't still enjoy having been on top of the world 3 times before. We don't have to win another and I'll be content. Thats not to say I'm not hungry for 09 to get here, hell hath no fury like Brady's revenge.

I agree with your take on Brady. The guy is pretty durable and doesnt seem like much of a "pansy" to me. But your take on "greatest team in history"? Dude you must be smoking something. The Cowboys and Steelers have both won more super bowls and won 3 in 4 years. You didnt do anything new. Im not even going to get started on the 49ers of the 80's. And when the Bills were going to the playoffs every year in the late 80's to early 90's the Pats were one of the worst teams in the league. We dominated the AFC for 4 staight years and you might have added to that if Ronnie Harmon didnt drop a sure TD in the Browns playoff game. Time will tell on Brady. I believe the probability of someone coming back from that knee injury the same is not very good however he is a pocket passer and not a RB, or WR. We will see.

I think he's commenting on the fact that you don't have respect for a guy who's kicked your teams butt up and down the field the entire decade. You don't have to like him but the guy's body of work speaks for itself.

Kind of like how Kelly destroyed the Pats in the late 80's and early 90's?

Saying that a player "sucks" as compared to calling him a "pansy" are two different things. One questions his ability, the other questions his toughness. There are plenty of NFL players who lack the ability to play in the league. There are few that lack the toughness. About the only position that qualifies as lacking the toughness might be some highly athletic cornerbacks that will just not play the physical game that is the NFL. Even they are tough. I will buy some NFL Qb's are not as tough as others, but calling them a pansy is way over the line.

Can someone change the post to the least manly QB's in the NFL compared to their peers?!?

That title just rings :doh:

And Rob Johnson, the only QB I've ever seen listed on an injury report as questionable with a strained ass.

Carl Pavano is the only other athlete I have seen with that ailment.

Although once I created myself in NHL 2000 and then missed two months with a ruptured testicle. :doh:

Actually, Harbaugh threw a punch at Kelly and broke his hand. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-746436.html

I love how he says he threw the punch because his toughness was being questioned and it resulted in him breaking his hand.

This thread displays how football brings out the worst in its fans. Every single one of these guys has stood on a football field and had men twice his size (sometimes two or three) lay him out flat, and has gotten up to play again. And yet, a bunch of Internet tough guys who would wet their pants and cry for mama after one hit (if they could even speak or move afterward) has the nerve to call them "pansies."

:doh:

Yeah. So what's your point?