Tim Graham defends the Patriots claim to

Guest dog14787
The same reason other teams did it. Just in case. It's all about leaving no stone unturned.

Why do the Bills hold open tryouts every year when it never results in a worthy player?

Freddie loves you to Tim

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I can't look back on it and say we lost the game because they taped our (offensive) coaches," Fiedler said. "Unless they had our wristbands and play chart for that particular game, there's no way they would have known what our plays were."

Canned answer by Fiedler...nobody wants to be looked at/percieved to be spewing sour grapes. Look at what half of the draft pics in a given year say after being selected by a shityy team. "Hey, you've just been drafted by the Detroit Lions, how do you feel? "You know, it's a great organization, the fans are some of the best in the NFL and I feel there on the cusp of big things here". Lol...yeah just a few "canned" responses there ;)

I know they can change plays, and that ever team knows formations and plays from an opposing team, but I'm talking about the more indepth cheating as it pertains to the new technology.

Freddie loves you to Tim

Jackson didn't make the team through an open tryout.

http://www.scbandits.com/news_detail.cfm?id=180

Being brought in to work out isn't the same as hosting a bunch of unsigned players to audition.

An open tryout is how Vince Papale made the Eagles. Players rarely make a team.

This was an open tryout: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...lls-tryout.html

It's a needle-in-a-haystack approach.

Canned answer by Fiedler...nobody wants to be looked at/percieved to be spewing sour grapes. Look at what half of the draft pics in a given year say after being selected by a shityy team. "Hey, you've just been drafted by the Detroit Lions, how do you feel? "You know, it's a great organization, the fans are some of the best in the NFL and I feel there on the cusp of big things here". Lol...yeah just a few "canned" responses there ;)

I know they can change plays, and that ever team knows formations and plays from an opposing team, but I'm talking about the more indepth cheating as it pertains to the new technology.

I disagree. Fielder is no longer an NFL employee. He doesn't do business in football anymore.

He has no reason not to speak his mind.

I disagree. Fielder is no longer an NFL employee. He doesn't do business in football anymore.

He has no reason not to speak his mind.

True, however, the NFL is a fraternity and Jay might have either felt obligated or "obligated" to keep from making any waves.

Tim, seriously are we talking about Jay Fielder being the "key" to unraveling all of the Pats Spygate mess? Lol.

Guest dog14787
Jackson didn't make the team through an open tryout.

http://www.scbandits.com/news_detail.cfm?id=180

Being brought in to work out isn't the same as hosting a bunch of unsigned players to audition.

An open tryout is how Vince Papale made the Eagles. Players rarely make a team.

This was an open tryout: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...lls-tryout.html

It's a needle-in-a-haystack approach.

Thanks for explaining.

True, however, the NFL is a fraternity and Jay might have either felt obligated or "obligated" to keep from making any waves.

Tim, seriously are we talking about Jay Fielder being the "key" to unraveling all of the Pats Spygate mess? Lol.

I thnink his opinion is more valid than yours or that of any other fan who insists Spygate really mattered.

I'm explaining why I don't think it was a big deal to those who think I'm an apologist. Fiedler is an NFL quarterback who played against the Spygate Patriots and whose livelihood was impacted.

You care more than he does. I find that a little sad and a little amusing.

The same reason other teams did it. Just in case. It's all about leaving no stone unturned.

Why do the Bills hold open tryouts every year when it never results in a worthy player?

Pats* fans say other teams did it. Why has no other team ever been singled out? Provide a LINK to ALL these other teams that did it.

I thnink his opinion is more valid than yours or that of any other fan who insists Spygate really mattered.

I'm explaining why I don't think it was a big deal to those who think I'm an apologist. Fiedler is an NFL quarterback who played against the Spygate Patriots and whose livelihood was impacted.

You care more than he does. I find that a little sad and a little amusing.

No, my day goes on just fine regardless of Spygate. I've actually saved a lot of time and money thanks to you and others who make this out to be less than it really is (which, it might be). I've chosen not to invest my emotion or my $$ in the NFL anywhere near as much. You just caught me on a day I felt like chatting a bit, and I just dislike when people dispell possibilities just "because". Anyone who doesn't think the whole Spygate thing could be a conspiracy by the NFL, or that it could be a complete bunch of absolute nothing is a fool. Honestly, it could be either, but when people take hard stands that something "is what it is" without having concrete proof is hardheaded and foolish.

Tim, I've lost a lot of my passion for NFL football. Now that, my friend, is sad and isn't very amusing at all. I thought I'd never see the day. But when the NFL decided to be BIG BUSINESS instead of a passionate game played with emotion and integrity...well I lost a lot of interest...I couldn't invest in a game that had ulterior motives.

Pats* fans say other teams did it. Why has no other team ever been singled out? Provide a LINK to ALL these other teams that did it.

Jimmy Johnson says the Chiefs taught him how to do it 20 years ago.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/p...e-is-overblown/

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

No, my day goes on just fine regardless of Spygate. I've actually saved a lot of time and money thanks to you and others who make this out to be less than it really is (which, it might be). I've chosen not to invest my emotion or my $$ in the NFL anywhere near as much. You just caught me on a day I felt like chatting a bit, and I just dislike when people dispell possibilities just "because". Anyone who doesn't think the whole Spygate thing could be a conspiracy by the NFL, or that it could be a complete bunch of absolute nothing is a fool. Honestly, it could be either, but when people take hard stands that something "is what it is" without having concrete proof is hardheaded and foolish.

Tim, I've lost a lot of my passion for NFL football. Now that, my friend, is sad and isn't very amusing at all. I thought I'd never see the day. But when the NFL decided to be BIG BUSINESS instead of a passionate game played with emotion and integrity...well I lost a lot of interest...I couldn't invest in a game that had ulterior motives.

I hear you on all points.

EXACTLY. You will not provide that link because you CAN'T! Because it does NOT EXIST. Because NO other team did it EXCEPT the Pats*

And the two teams in the post right above your response. But you must not have noticed those.

Jimmy Johnson says the Chiefs taught him how to do it 20 years ago.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/p...e-is-overblown/

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Hearsay from a Pats* site. Very credible ;) or not, but definatly one of the two. Even that article does not say ANY team other than the Pats* did it AFTER they were TOLD not to, & I seriously doubt the technology was there 20 years ago to do it.

Hearsay from a Pats* site. Very credible ;) or not, but definatly one of the two. Even that article does not say ANY team other than the Pats* did it AFTER they were TOLD not to, & I seriously doubt the technology was there 20 years ago to do it.

Please don't tell me you're serious. The Boston Herald, the paper which originally BROKE the Rams walkthrough story -- and which still employs John Tomase, the writer who made Matt Walsh famous -- is now a "Pats* site"? That's like calling Jerry Sullivan a shill for the Bills' front office.

No, Lori. I'm confident he's serious.

This is a guy who doesn't think video cameras existed 20 years ago even though I remember doing projects with them in school when I was in seventh grade. That was 1983, and the technology wasn't new.

Whatever. This thread only proves the misconceptions out there regarding Spygate. We've had accusations the Patriots new the Rams' plays in the Super Bowl, the Boston Herald is making up stories that DILUTE their own scoop and assertions Jay Fiedler is backing the company line because he's incapable of speaking his mind.

To restate what Herm Edwards, another of the so-called aggrieved, who actually could be seen waving at the Patriots cameras (and didn't turn them in because he didn't think it was a big deal), told me last month:

"If you're naïve to believe that helped him win a Super Bowl, you're kidding yourself. I don't believe that."

No, Lori. I'm confident he's serious.

This is a guy who doesn't think video cameras existed 20 years ago even though I remember doing projects with them in school when I was in seventh grade. That was 1983, and the technology wasn't new.

Whatever. This thread only proves the misconceptions out there regarding Spygate. We've had accusations the Patriots new the Rams' plays in the Super Bowl, the Boston Herald is making up stories that DILUTE their own scoop and assertions Jay Fiedler is backing the company line because he's incapable of speaking his mind.

To restate what Herm Edwards, another of the so-called aggrieved, who actually could be seen waving at the Patriots cameras (and didn't turn them in because he didn't think it was a big deal), told me last month:

"If you're naïve to believe that helped him win a Super Bowl, you're kidding yourself. I don't believe that."

So you weren't aware that the Boston Herald's website is just a New England Patriots fan board? Getcha head in the game!

Just like I asked Tim....do you honestly think they were stealing only one set of signals, or they were only videoing one side of the ball? Please now...let's not be too naive. Read the article MattM posted above in his post...the Pats were targeted for many, many infractions and I bet we'll learn about them all about as soon as we learn who shot Kennedy.

I give Belicheat much cred though for working this angle to his advantage, even though I dislike him imensely because of his "holier than thou" personality.

How do you steal the other team's "offensive signals"?

And why did BB list Brady as "questionable" for, what, 50 games? We laugh at it--it is absurd. But he "must have thought it gave him an advantage, otherwise why would he do it?"

So everyone is supposed to believe Kraft wouldn't allow any press into the room unless they agreed to whitewash the spygate scandal?