Tim Graham defends the Patriots claim to

Delusional? You believe that this very exclusive group of millionaires willfully let themselves get ripped off by one owner and are just laying down? You think the league would, what, fold if the pats truly cheated their way to SB wins and were subsequently stripped of their Lombardies? The press has no interest in a huge scandal story--the biggest of the century (or last?)?

This is what they don't seem to get, no matter how many times you repeat it. And like I said a few pages back, their reputation isn't going to change much if their titles were stripped. Bills and Steelers fans would still be whining, while Saints and Bengals fans wouldn't care.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what they don't seem to get, no matter how many times you repeat it. And like I said a few pages back, they're reputation isn't going to change much if their titles were stripped. Bills and Steelers fans would still be whining, while Saints and Bengals fans wouldn't care.

LOL! Only delusional Patriots fans believe that stripping a team of their titles isn't much worse than there being suspicion of cheating. That's easily the dumbest thing I've heard yet.

I was reading a thread/story (quoted on a Pats board, no less) earlier today from a Steelers board/site and in a piece on the 2004 AFCCG against the Pats* there were still a pretty large number of Steeler fans there who called you dirty cheaters. I suspect that's the reaction you get any time you mention the Pats anywhere else in the League. Wear that with pride, after all, you've earned it--and if your fantasy that Goodell and Kraft's plan to make this all go away worked on all NFL fans makes you sleep any better at night, then I won't burst your dream bubble. Fact is, however, that mention your team just about anywhere else in the League and "Cheater" is the first thing you'll hear (well, maybe "dirty cheater").

PS My father's been a janitor (and I would wager is twice the man you are), but I'll compare my educational credentials against yours any day of the week, genius--I was going to grad school in Boston when I was there and I'll let you figure the rest out on your own.....

I don't know. That seems like a lot of contemplating for him. :lol:

Yes, in fact, it would. It's not hard to figure out. Look, if you and an army of people think the Commish, the other owners (including the sage Raplh Wilson) and the refs are owned by one man, how is that a "good reputation" for the league? I've asked you this many times, as has Tim Graham.

Yes, you have proof that cheated for years. No one is disputing this! You don't have proof any other team is doing it because none was caught. In fact the pats weren't caught for years, yet they were only caught in '07. Does that mean they weren't doing it before then? If they were never caught does that mean they weren't doing it?

Delusional? You believe that this very exclusive group of millionaires willfully let themselves get ripped off by one owner and are just laying down? You think the league would, what, fold if the pats truly cheated their way to SB wins and were subsequently stripped of their Lombardies? The press has no interest in a huge scandal story--the biggest of the century (or last?)?

Why did BB list Brady as questionable for every game for years? Don't you think he felt he got an advantage? Do you believe it gave him an advantage (it's OK, this is not a trick question)? I'll help you---of course it didn't.

I asked my lawyer at your request. After he stopped laughing, he said that for cops in the metro LA area, finding a few blunts on the floor of a car would be like finding cigarette butts--and about as consequential. That amount of weed would get you a small fine, if the cops bothered to charge for it. He said the weed gave probable cause to search the car. Obviously the weapon---they are not going to let it skate.

ML should count his blessings--if he had been found to have an unregistered weapon in his house, the commish would have given him 6 games.

Linky

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage." He also added that using a player on injured reserve in practice was of "minimal" benefit.

Linky

(Tucker played with Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, New England and Cleveland during his career.)

Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh and I have only one thing in common. We both drew our paychecks for a while from one of the most detail-oriented and successful teams in the NFL, but also a franchise that wasn't afraid to break the rules.

I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, "Every team in the league does that." I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

I know you're going to point to this part of the article;

One season when I was with the Bills, the offensive line coach for the team we were were about to face was fired days before the game. He subsequently called our offensive line coach, Jim McNally, and let him know some of the unique defensive formations we could expect to see that week. Needless to say, the defenders were very surprised how well prepared we were.

The difference is that McNally didn't call anyone. He received a call from someone and took it. He didn't use video tape every year for every team they played against.

I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, "Every team in the league does that." I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

I know you're going to point to this part of the article;

One season when I was with the Bills, the offensive line coach for the team we were were about to face was fired days before the game. He subsequently called our offensive line coach, Jim McNally, and let him know some of the unique defensive formations we could expect to see that week. Needless to say, the defenders were very surprised how well prepared we were.

The difference is that McNally didn't call anyone. He received a call from someone and took it. He didn't use video tape every year for every team they played against.

It all depends on your frame of reference. Take Michael Vick. He was raised believing that killing dogs was no big deal. "Everyone [in the deep South] did it!"

LOL! Only delusional Patriots fans believe that stripping a team of their titles isn't much worse than there being suspicion of cheating. That's easily the dumbest thing I've heard yet.

This is what they don't seem to get, no matter how many times you repeat it. And like you said a few pages back, they're reputation is going to look like the WWF if their titles were stripped. Pets'* fans would still be whining.

This is what they don't seem to get, no matter how many times you repeat it. And like I said a few pages back, they're reputation isn't going to change much if their titles were stripped. Bills and Steelers fans would still be whining, while Saints and Bengals fans wouldn't care.

I still wanna know how long you've been a patriots* fan.

This is what they don't seem to get, no matter how many times you repeat it. And like you said a few pages back, they're reputation is going to look like the WWF if their titles were stripped. Pets'* fans would still be whining.

I was going to razz you for "they're," but then I saw what you did there. Well played.

But no, let's ignore them, ignore Jay Fiedler, ignore Jimmy Johnson, ignore Herm Edwards, and let's go with the guys who really know what they're talking about. Dr Z, Arlen Specter, and a few angry Buffalo Bills fans.

Three possibilities:

1.) Belicheat* is a pathological cheater* who* cheats even when it doesn't really help him. I guess Jimmy Johnson, Herm Edwards, and most Patsie fans feel that way. I don't think Belicheat* is all that nice a guy but pathological is a bit much for me.

2.) Belicheat* is so clueless of league rules he* didn't even know he* was cheating. That would make no sense because one thing Belicheat* is always given credit for is that he* is totally aware of all the nuances of NFL rules. There may be a few people who think Belicheat* is clueless but I think most people in their hearts realize that is not the case.

3.) Belicheat* knows better than Jimmy Johnson, Herm Edwards, Patsies*, etc. exactly what cheating he* did and how each type of cheating* benefited him*. I think Belicheat* considers himself* very shrewd. I would agree with Belicheat* in this assessment and therefore #3 is the possibility that makes sense to me and fits all the facts. No way is Belicheat* a pathological cheater or a clueless coach. Even DJ doesn't seem so clueless that he wouldn't know rules. I don't think JJ and Herm Edwards are stupid either but they may not know the full extent of Belicheat's machinations.

Tim Graham mentioned that he talked to countless people about Spygate and no one felt that it gave Belicheat* any big advantage. A good question for Belicheat* would then be "I talked to many, many people about Spygate and they all felt it gave you no big advantage. If that is the case why did you for 8 years illegally tape opponents if it gave you no important advantage. Or is everyone missing something, because after all you are a really great coach and NE* is the model franchise* for everyone." I don't think Tim should ask that question because it is an awkward question to ask, but I would like to see someone ask it.