Tim Graham defends the Patriots claim to

Link to Patsie love.

The New England Patriots, with three Super Bowl victories and four AFC titles, have been dominant for the past nine years. Tom Brady is the embodiment of the All-American quarterback, a dashing leader who flings touchdowns and makes the ladies swoon.

The Patriots wear red, white and blue. When they score, Minutemen line up behind the end zone and fire their muskets into the air.

They're loved. They're despised. They give a nation of sports fans plenty to talk about. They win.

They're called the Patriots, for crying out loud.

What's more American than all of that?

:thumbdown: Bow to the hoodie Tim, Bow to the hoodie! :thumbdown:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, this was an assigned story, with each blogger arguing in favor of his division's team.

Didn't stop me from wanting to :thumbdown: when I read it, though.

Carry on ...

FWIW, this was an assigned story, with each blogger arguing in favor of his division's team.

Carry on ...

Lori, you can now have the honor of being the best and most informed writer on the board. :thumbdown:

vanilla vs. chocolate my ass.

Carry on ...

:w00t: Wait til I see him at The Ralph this year. :thumbdown:

Guest dog14787
Link to Patsie love.

:thumbdown: Bow to the hoodie Tim, Bow to the hoodie! :thumbdown:

I think that honor goes to the New York Giants who always seem to defy the odds to win championships.

America's team should be a team the whole Nation likes to cheer for and the Giants are that team.

Good blog by Tim Graham.

I think that honor goes to the New York Giants who always seem to defy the odds to win championships.

America's team should be a team the whole Nation likes to cheer for and the Giants are that team.

Good blog by Tim Graham.

Yes as Lori points out it was an assigned article. Most of us have bosses who ask us to do some things we'd rather not.

If I had to choose one team, I would agree with dog that it's the Giants. Major historic city, patriotic colored uniforms for the most part (although the Bills, as Conrad Dobler pointed out wear red, white, and blue) and a long and honorable history in the sport. Championships in six different decades...and they're harder to hate than the Patriots or the Cowboys.

Yes as Lori points out it was an assigned article. Most of us have bosses who ask us to do some things we'd rather not.

If I had to choose one team, I would agree with dog that it's the Giants. Major historic city, patriotic colored uniforms for the most part (although the Bills, as Conrad Dobler pointed out wear red, white, and blue) and a long and honorable history in the sport. Championships in six different decades...and they're harder to hate than the Patriots or the Cowboys.

I believe they're asking who is "America's Team" right now. And for that, I'd say the Steelers. They've won the SB 2 of the past 4 years, have dominated their division, and are blue collar all the way.

The Dean Posted Today, 08:25 PM

I think the Steelers are the real America's Team.

If I had to choose a team (other than the Bills) that would be my pick too.

San Jose Bills Fan Posted Today, 08:32 PM

There is no place for level headedness or rationality here. Grab a pitchfork or torch and join the lynch mob!

I believe they're asking who is "America's Team" right now. And for that, I'd say the Steelers. They've won the SB 2 of the past 4 years, have dominated their division, and are blue collar all the way.

Yup. That's my thinking, too.

Also, the Packers deserve some mention. They have a slew of fans spread out across the country, which is impressive given their small market size. They are the little engine that could. They also have some of the most recognizable colors in sports.

The Pats*? That's a laugh.

The Dean Posted Today, 08:25 PM

If I had to choose a team (other than the Bills) that would be my pick too.

San Jose Bills Fan Posted Today, 08:32 PM

There is no place for level headedness or rationality here. Grab a pitchfork or torch and join the lynch mob!

:thumbdown:

Sadly, someone will wander by and agree with you... :thumbdown:

Yup. That's my thinking, too.

Also, the Packers deserve some mention. They have a slew of fans spread out across the country, which is impressive given their small market size. They are the little engine that could. They also have some of the most recognizable colors in sports.

The Pats*? That's a laugh.

The 2001 Pats, the lovable underdogs who beat the mighty Rams, not so much of a laugh (although that Tuck Rule thing is still galling). The 18-and-D'oh! version running up the score, with Brady mocking Plax Burress' suggestion that the Giants could hold his finely-tuned offense to 17 points in Super Bowl XLII? I'd switch to watching rhythmic gymnastics before jumping on that team's bandwagon.

BTW, Tommyboy, 17-14 -- and you didn't have the 17. Choke on that.