OT---Jim Rome prank calls...

This is totally off topic, but I just listened to some of the Jim Rome prank calls and they are freaking hilarious...

I almost pissed myself I was laughing so hard on some of them...

if you haven't listened to them, and you want a good laugh, go to youtube and look up Jim Rome prank calls...

This is totally off topic, but I just listened to some of the Jim Rome prank calls and they are freaking hilarious...

if you haven't listened to them, and you want a good laugh, go to youtube and look up Jim Rome prank calls...

Tripped onto this one while I was searching for the pranks

Good stuff...

ctrl + c and ctrl + v

learn to use them before you start a thread. No one wants to go hunting for videos on youtube.

here is a classic...Rome calls the Video store and has the guy tripping out looking for David Hasselhof movies, along with a bunch of other things...oh my god I almost had to stop my stomach was hurting so much from laughing...

Rome calls the Video store

Here is another one...Rome calls Capital One...

Capital One: "Can I have your ten digit phone number starting with the area code"

Rome: "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9....ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR(manual buzzer)"

Poor Indian customer service rep at Capital One

Tripped onto this one while I was searching for the pranks

Good stuff...

I wish Chris Everett would have just kicked the crap out of him. That would have been FREAKING hilarious. Ooops, did I say Chris?

I meant, Jim of course. out

here is a classic...Rome calls the Video store and has the guy tripping out looking for David Hasselhof movies, along with a bunch of other things...oh my god I almost had to stop my stomach was hurting so much from laughing...

Rome calls the Video store

Here is another one...Rome calls Capital One...

Capital One: "Can I have your ten digit phone number starting with the area code"

Rome: "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9....ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR(manual buzzer)"

Poor Indian customer service rep at Capital One

I guess this is a case of different strokes for different folks. I listened to the first two minutes of the Hasselhoff thing and found absolutely nothing there. Nothing funny whatsoever. Didn't bother with the rest.

I guess this is a case of different strokes for different folks. I listened to the first two minutes of the Hasselhoff thing and found absolutely nothing there. Nothing funny whatsoever. Didn't bother with the rest.

rack him

When I started reading this thread, I thought you meant smartass callers pulling a fast one on him - a la the old Ed Kilgore, Mike DeGeorge, Wes Goforth Sunday night 11:30 Sports Extra call-in show. Some of those were sorta funny, but only because it was semi-rebellious - the channel 2 sportscasters being the "authority figures" getting caught like deer in headlights with off color questions they weren't quick enough to respond to. Thank god someone invented the "dump" button.

Are you telling me that Jim Rome, a nationally recognized sports commentator and interviewer, is making prank phone calls? Seriously? And you find this entertaining? Didn't most of us grow out of those juvenile acts around the time we started sprouting pubes?

So if I understand this correctly, Rome, a well compensated national radio figure, calls some $7 and hour video store employee trying to make an honest living, probably living paycheck to paycheck, just so jackass Rome can attempt to make a fool out of him/her.

This guy is an even bigger **** than I thought he was. I first became aware of him after he deliberately provoked Rams QB Jim Everett (a real standup guy, by the way), by referring to him as "Chris" (Everett) - as in the female tennis player.

Rome has obviously taken a cue from today's pop music stars - if you don't have enough talent to make in it your field of endeavor, come up with gimmicks that'll keep you in the on the radar screen, since you'd be ignored otherwise. An adult version of the class clown.

Just took a few seconds to listen to Capital One prank call. You've got to be kidding. Someone thinks that is clever or funny?

The guy (Rome) is a bully. He's picking on a low-level customer service rep that is at a great disadvantage in the exchange, as she has to act with a level of civility and decorum in order to preserve her low paying job. Oh yeah...she has an Indian-sounding accent - ha ha funny - a real knee slapper there Jimbo! I swear, if I ever see that prick Jim Rome, I'll take a good hard swing at that smug face of his. I wish someone would put him in his place. Jim Everett should have knocked the crap out of him, but Rome, the big puss-ee that he is, knows he can peak out from behind the law and his lawyers because they'll will protect him from such harm. Just a little girly man running for cover.

Rome, if you have any balls, instead of picking on a defenseless CSR, why don't you contact Capital One CEO Richard Fairbank if you have an issue?

Rome's photo should appear on the packaging for Massengill. Why do any of you waste your time listening to that jerkoff?

When I started reading this thread, I thought you meant smartass callers pulling a fast one on him - a la the old Ed Kilgore, Mike DeGeorge, Wes Goforth Sunday night 11:30 Sports Extra call-in show. Some of those were sorta funny, but only because it was semi-rebellious - the channel 2 sportscasters being the "authority figures" getting caught like deer in headlights with off color questions they weren't quick enough to respond to. Thank god someone invented the "dump" button.

Are you telling me that Jim Rome, a nationally recognized sports commentator and interviewer, is making prank phone calls? Seriously? And you find this entertaining? Didn't most of us grow out of those juvenile acts around the time we started sprouting pubes?

So if I understand this correctly, Rome, a well compensated national radio figure, calls some $7 and hour video store employee trying to make an honest living, probably living paycheck to paycheck, just so jackass Rome can attempt to make a fool out of him/her.

This guy is an even bigger **** than I thought he was. I first became aware of him after he deliberately provoked Rams QB Jim Everett (a real standup guy, by the way), by referring to him as "Chris" (Everett) - as in the female tennis player.

Rome has obviously taken a cue from today's pop music stars - if you don't have enough talent to make in it your field of endeavor, come up with gimmicks that'll keep you in the on the radar screen, since you'd be ignored otherwise. An adult version of the class clown.

Just took a few seconds to listen to Capital One prank call. You've got to be kidding. Someone thinks that is clever or funny?

The guy (Rome) is a bully. He's picking on a low-level customer service rep that is at a great disadvantage in the exchange, as she has to act with a level of civility and decorum in order to preserve her low paying job. Oh yeah...she has an Indian-sounding accent - ha ha funny - a real knee slapper there Jimbo! I swear, if I ever see that prick Jim Rome, I'll take a good hard swing at that smug face of his. I wish someone would put him in his place. Jim Everett should have knocked the crap out of him, but Rome, the big puss-ee that he is, knows he can peak out from behind the law and his lawyers because they'll will protect him from such harm. Just a little girly man running for cover.

Rome, if you have any balls, instead of picking on a defenseless CSR, why don't you contact Capital One CEO Richard Fairbank if you have an issue?

Rome's photo should appear on the packaging for Massengill. Why do any of you waste your time listening to that jerkoff?

No no no no...it's just some idiot with a soundboard. It isn't actually Rome making the calls.

But they aren't very funny, either.

:)

Whoaaaa! Whoaaa! Whoaaa dude!!! Relax, Jim Rome isn't really prank calling people. Someone out in cyber-land records his show, pulls some of his catch phrases and places them into an "click-effects" computer program and then calls random customer service lines. When the unknowing phone operator gets on the line, the kid with the "click-effects" program starts punching buttons and "creates" these "masterpieces." At no time did Mr. Rome take part in any of these calls... and neither did Tony Soprano, Paulie Walnuts or Joe Pesci.

Anyone have the tape of when Rome banged DML's sister?

:unsure: Man, talking about having an ax to grind with someone...

:unsure: Man, talking about having an ax to grind with someone...

lol, you ain't kiddin...touched a bit of a nerve apparently!

Good lord. Are you joking, or do you really think that was him making those calls??

In either case, it'd be great if you punched him out...I hate that clown too.

The guys on Howard Stern do it all the time. Take bits form the show, chop them up and make prank calls. Of course they are talented and have much better equipment so the results are actually funny.

Anyone have the tape of when Rome banged DML's sister?

Funny stuff Zepp. My sister died last year after a long hard battle with cancer.

Maybe you'd like to see the tape of me laying the pipe to your former old lady. You know, the one that threw you out of the house before you had to go flop with relatives down by Lake Lanier.

You're barking up the wrong tree a-hole.

No no no no...it's just some idiot with a soundboard. It isn't actually Rome making the calls.

But they aren't very funny, either.

So let me get this straight...this is actually someone editing Rome sound bytes to make prank calls sounding like Rome is making the call, right? It didn't think it was possible, but this just got even stupider.

Anyway, would have been nice if the original post had mentioned this somewhat relevant fact.

Doesn't make Rome any more beloved for me. Now, if someone could just find an edit of the 2005 AJZepp/Jim Rome sex romp in Tribble Mill Park, that'd be a hoot.