2 things you don't like about the Bills as of right now...

SKOOBY

1.) Bills unable to secure a new long-term ownership group (yet).....

Skooby, what kind of reason is that? You might as well list: The Bills have not won 6 SB's (yet.)

Ralph Wilson is nothing if not brutally honest, most of the time. (I think he lies when he talks about what he can and cannot afford when it comes to signing bonuses) That aside, why don't you just accept and believe the man when he says he is the short term, long term and in between term ownership of the franchise until he dies. End of debate. End of discussion. End of story. What are you talking about when you say "Bills unable" to secure a long-term ownership group yet?? They are not trying to "secure" any other type of long-term ownership group (yet). And oh by the way, (yet) is not a realistic word to use either. Here's what the Bills organization is apparently going to do, according to what Ralph Wilson has told us and not backed off of: when he dies, his heirs will sell the team to the highest bidder. So what does (yet) mean, Skooby? :thumbsup:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The team existing in WNY

2. Being given only 2 things to tell you when theres too many things to point out

-Overpaying for below avg players like Chris Kelsey, Spencer Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Derrick Dockery(thank god hes gone), Ryan Denney, Kyle Williams, Josh Reed(think hes just a little overpaid for a 3rd wr), Aaron Schobel

-Not picking up a FA OLB to compete with Ellison

-Having to deal with DJ another year after having 3 sub par seasons

-Not utilizing the Tight End position the way it should/could be

-Marshawn Lynch running directly into a pile of linemen even when he has a hole 2 ft away

-Not throwing downfield to Lee Evans even when hes wide open

-Toronto(enough said)

-The FO not recognizing that there was no pass rush 2 years ago

-The jerseys(please bring back the 80's or 90's uniforms)

-Chris Kelsey getting faked on play action over and over again

-Jason Peters making the Pro-Bowl for absolutely no reason and everyone stroking his epeen(thank god that giant crybaby is gone)

Things I think are right...

-Team chemistry seems to be getting better as they grow together(DO NOT insert T.O. comment here)

-Trent Edwards' accuracy

-The interior of the offensive line(DO NOT insert Peters comment here)

-Jim Kelly loving this town and trying to put together some scratch to save the team

-Ralph seems to always have a plan for something, Im just hoping he secretely isnt telling us his plan to save the team in Buffalo(speculation and dreaming but Im ok with that)

-This years draft class looks like it could be one of the best in a long time

-Terrell Owens(enough said)

-Marshawn Lynch running over the pile of men he just ran into

1. Ralph Wilson- never liked him since Day 1 as a Bills fan. people can toot the Old Fart's horn all they want but in the 50 years as an owner, he never really cared about fielding a winner until the NFL became a cash cow and Polian thrusted the Bills in the spotlight with his incredible drafting. the guy is now cheating the fans by allowing "home" games in Toronto just to line his pockets. i don't want to hear that crap about how he could have relocated the Bills. he was too damn cheap to pay the relocation fee and Buffalo is a hop, skip, and a jump from Michigan. Bills fans need new blood for ownership and not some miserable old bastard who's only worried about his "tin cup."

2. Coaching- Dick Jauron looks more suitable to answering doors by saying, "You rang?" somebody stick a mirror under his nose to see if he's still breathing.

1. Ralph Wilson- never liked him since Day 1 as a Bills fan. people can toot the Old Fart's horn all they want but in the 50 years as an owner, he never really cared about fielding a winner until the NFL became a cash cow and Polian thrusted the Bills in the spotlight with his incredible drafting. the guy is now cheating the fans by allowing "home" games in Toronto just to line his pockets. i don't want to hear that crap about how he could have relocated the Bills. he was too damn cheap to pay the relocation fee and Buffalo is a hop, skip, and a jump from Michigan. Bills fans need new blood for ownership and not some miserable old bastard who's only worried about his "tin cup."

There are plenty of reasons to rag on Ralph but at least be accurate.

--The Bills were winners in 63 (playoff w/Boston) and 64-65 when it took scratch to keep the AFL afloat vs. the NFL. They spent some under Chuck Knox too. Some fans think this team sprang into being around 1990. Not true.

--What "relocation fee"? Look at the $$$$ RECEIVED by the original Browns, the Oilers, the Rams and the Raiders when they moved. You only pay when you move into someone else's territory (NOT Seattle in the late 60's, for example). Even so, nobody in the NFL stays put just because they don't want to pay to move.

Has he screwed up coaching hires? Set up unqualifed front offices (Stew Barber as GM . . .)? Did he coerce an 80,000-seat stadium from the county in the middle of nowhere when this was being argued around 68-69? Yes. But still, be accurate.

1.) Bills unable to secure a new long-term ownership group (yet)

2.) No real back-up QB.

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tq...s&nid=59397

I have read that the redskins would cut former Bill Todd Collins because he is due to make around $3 Million this year, and there is a chance (according to ben Maller) that colt brennan cound beat him out as the number 2 qb. If that happens they would cut Todd Collins.

If he would come at a reasonable price, would you want to sign him as a possible back up or no? He did well filling in for Jason Campbell-

I would have to say:

1)Our defensive schemes, it just seems to me that, you really have to be

in sync, coordinated as a unit, with everyone responsible for their specific

gap, and making good reads, for it to work well. There are just too may

things to worry about, I relize that a lot of those things ae a prereuisite for

any good defense, cover/tampa 2, 4-3,etc..., but maybe we need to simplify

some. Go back to the 3-4.

2)I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am not exactly enamored with

Lindell as our kicker, in spite of his reliability. He scares the bejesus out of me.

I know everyone else has to be at least a little queasy when he comes in for the

game winner. I tyhink we need an upgrade there.

I am pretty content with the rest of the team and organization, we will know about

Jauron for sure this year, and Edwards for that matter, so at least those two things

will take care of themselves.

1. They need to quickly settle on who is going to play where on the OL so they can gel. I think they have enough decent players but they need to eliminate as much uncertainty as they can about who is playing where.

2. Ralph's longevity.

--The Bills were winners in 63 (playoff w/Boston) and 64-65 when it took scratch to keep the AFL afloat vs. the NFL. They spent some under Chuck Knox too. Some fans think this team sprang into being around 1990. Not true.

--What "relocation fee"? Look at the $$$$ RECEIVED by the original Browns, the Oilers, the Rams and the Raiders when they moved. You only pay when you move into someone else's territory (NOT Seattle in the late 60's, for example). Even so, nobody in the NFL stays put just because they don't want to pay to move.

get with the times. NOT the 60's. how many atrocious seasons did we endure during the 70's and 80's? too many to remember. Chuck Knox was here for a short period, did well enough, and then it was the same crap after he left. Polian came along and did a helluva job until the Old Fart's daughter had to meddle. once he left, it's been the same crap. we're staring at nearly a DECADE of no playoffs.

if i remember right, the Rams had to pay a relocation fee of $29 million to move to St. Louis. if i remember correctly, Art Modell had to pay a relocation fee to go to Baltimore. any NFL team that moves today will have to pay a relocation fee. i don't know if it holds true about "someone elses territory" but if so, they'd have to move to Hawaii or Alaska to avoid it then.

1) Bills fans who spend their entire off-season bashing the team and trying to make others as miserable as they are.

2) The fact that this year's team is forced to deal with a decade of negativity that they had nothing to do with.

Even after my bashing post, I agree. Frustration sucks.

1) Bills fans who spend their entire off-season bashing the team and trying to make others as miserable as they are.

2) The fact that this year's team is forced to deal with a decade of negativity that they had nothing to do with.

Biscuit, you're a man/woman after my own heart!

I love the Bills, but I'm mighty skeptical of how other Bills fans identify their "love."

Unless your team won the SB the previous season, you have something to complain about, because your team finished the season with an L.

We complained from 88 - 96, when the Bills' only non-playoff season during those 9 years was the the year after their 4th SB loss, when they finished the year with a Dick Jauron. (7-9-0 in 1994.) We didn't have internet blogs during those 9 great off-seasons, (at least not until after the SB years anyway), but we still found ways to complain. We called into radio shows, and wrote letters to the editors. Get rid of Levy, bench Kelly for Reich, get rid of Walt Corey, get a tougher head coach to get these spoiled superstars over the hump and win a damn SB. We went on and on.

Now, we would all give anything for a winning season and a 6th place wild card berth. And of course we're still complaining every off season.

This team, in its current state, has a great deal to bash. Its not realistic to expect the fans to be all positive about this underachieving group and its perennial 7-9 head coach. When the Bills at least crack the playoffs, you'll see more positive posts. Not until.

The negativity comes with the territory. The only way to erase that is to win. Just ask the Patriot fans.