This is tragic.

I was just on my lunch break when I heard the news. This sounds like it is a tragedy for sure. I however reserve judgement. As good as this man may have been it seems really odd to me why someone would hold a grudge for 6 or so years after graduating and come back and shoot a man to death. It is still a horrific thing to do, but it would make more sense if there was a reason behind it. Physical, verbal, sexual abuse sounds like it might fit. I just think about the movie Varsity Blues and the John Voigt character comes to mind. I really hope Im wrong though. :rolleyes:

I was just on my lunch break when I heard the news. This sounds like it is a tragedy for sure. I however reserve judgement. As good as this man may have been it seems really odd to me why someone would hold a grudge for 6 or so years after graduating and come back and shoot a man to death. It is still a horrific thing to do, but it would make more sense if there was a reason behind it. Physical, verbal, sexual abuse sounds like it might fit. I just think about the movie Varsity Blues and the John Voigt character comes to mind. I really hope Im wrong though. :thumbsup:

I'm very curious about the motive too. :rolleyes:

From the ESPN article:

Aplington-Parkersburg is the alma mater of four current NFL players -- Casey Wiegmann of the Denver Broncos; Jared DeVries of the Detroit Lions; Brad Meester of the Jacksonville Jaguars; and Aaron Kampman of the Green Bay Packers. All played for Thomas.

Ed Thomas had been named National HS coach of the year, and is probably the most well-regarded HS coach in the state of Iowa. His record was 292-84 in 37 seasons, but he apparently was loved and honored by all around him.

Just shocking....

Here's another article with more information:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/2...theme=ED_THOMAS

I was just on my lunch break when I heard the news. This sounds like it is a tragedy for sure. I however reserve judgement. As good as this man may have been it seems really odd to me why someone would hold a grudge for 6 or so years after graduating and come back and shoot a man to death. It is still a horrific thing to do, but it would make more sense if there was a reason behind it. Physical, verbal, sexual abuse sounds like it might fit. I just think about the movie Varsity Blues and the John Voigt character comes to mind. I really hope Im wrong though. :rolleyes:

Roid rage? The maniac was caught with drugs