NFL.com feature on Bills D-line

Cson76

They forgot that the Bills have a 3rd round pick Ellis riding the pine who also could rush the passer....I hope Ellis blossoms this year, then may be we cut loose Kelsay and Denney next season.

Gotta love our "high-motor, hard working, high-character guys." As Jauron would say, "they play very hard for us." Great, why not actually, ya know, make a play every now and again average D-Line? When Stroud wasn't in on a down, you knew they were just gonna all get pushed back.

Just a quick question, does "high-motor guy" in football equate to the guy in baseball that "finds the gaps?" He can't actually hit the ball outta the park, he's not really good, but he can make a half-way decent play every 4th up or so. That's basically our defensive line. No intimidation, or game breaking ability anymore.

Look at our defensive line from 10 years ago. Bruce Smith, Phil Hanson, Marcellus Wiley, Ted Washington, Pat Williams. I'm probly forgetting a couple, but THAT was an impact Defensive Line. Why do we have to talk about teams from a decade ago to draw good examples of heartfelt, dedicated play? I swear to God, if I hear again about how "hard they work," "high-character effort" or "high-motor play" from Jauron, I may hurt small children.

Gotta love our "high-motor, hard working, high-character guys." As Jauron would say, "they play very hard for us." Great, why not actually, ya know, make a play every now and again average D-Line? When Stroud wasn't in on a down, you knew they were just gonna all get pushed back.

Just a quick question, does "high-motor guy" in football equate to the guy in baseball that "finds the gaps?" He can't actually hit the ball outta the park, he's not really good, but he can make a half-way decent play every 4th up or so. That's basically our defensive line. No intimidation, or game breaking ability anymore.

Look at our defensive line from 10 years ago. Bruce Smith, Phil Hanson, Marcellus Wiley, Ted Washington, Pat Williams. I'm probly forgetting a couple, but THAT was an impact Defensive Line. Why do we have to talk about teams from a decade ago to draw good examples of heartfelt, dedicated play? I swear to God, if I hear again about how "hard they work," "high-character effort" or "high-motor play" from Jauron, I may hurt small children.

Bills still need to add a High quality Big DT- Stroud can't play every down and the Bills get pushed around like Christmas shopping carts without him- if there was any truth to the John Henderson deal then the Bills should jump on that.

They forgot that the Bills have a 3rd round pick Ellis riding the pine who also could rush the passer....I hope Ellis blossoms this year, then may be we cut loose Kelsay and Denney next season.

I couldn't agree more. I feel if we want to get rid of denney and kelsay, then Ellis needs to perform. If he cant, than at least one them will still be here...

Bills still need to add a High quality Big DT- Stroud can't play every down and the Bills get pushed around like Christmas shopping carts without him- if there was any truth to the John Henderson deal then the Bills should jump on that.

Well that's the beauty of Dick's Tampa-2. Big men need not apply. You win with lightweight, speedy linemen. Therefore, you draft only players that fit your system. Forget taking the best available player then integrating his talents into your system (on both sides of the ball). That would be lunacy. :nana:

Well that's the beauty of Dick's Tampa-2. Big men need not apply. You win with lightweight, speedy linemen. Therefore, you draft only players that fit your system. Forget taking the best available player then integrating his talents into your system (on both sides of the ball). That would be lunacy. :worthy:

No one need apply except DBs