AFC East predictions

Well, your perspective, and the perspective of the other gloomy doomers aside, let's at least look at the six wins I'm calling a lock in 09

09/20 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS, home opener, TB not the most stable franchise in the league right now.

10/11 CLEVELAND BROWN, last year's home MNF loss was a complete fluke, Brownies get squashed this time around

10/18 @ New York Jets, new HC, rookie QB? I don't know how some of you see their silver lining and not ours, first ones's ours next year

11/01 HOUSTON TEXANS, please. In our house these guys don't stand a chance.

11/29 MIAMI DOLPHINS, ibid.

12/13 @ Kansas City Chiefs, after last year's trail of tears at Arrowhead, all Trent's "happy dreams" are in red.

Can we all agree on those six wins?

Now, for you knee-jerk (I stress jerk) "we're gonna go 7-9'ers," we've only got to add one more out of these ten:

09/14 @ New England Patriots

09/27 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

10/04 @ Miami Dolphins

10/25 @ Carolina Panthers

11/08 BYE

11/15 @ Tennessee Titans

11/22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars

12/03 NEW YORK JETS

12/20 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

12/27 @ Atlanta Falcons

01/03 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

I've picked 5 of those that we have a very, very good shot at winning, which means 11-5, if all goes according to plan. If you think we'll be huriting to get more than 1 of those 5 wins, please demonstrate, based on opponent, where we'll falter outside our 6 locks.

Please explain why we have a "very, very good shot" at beating the patriots??? They have owned us home and away and Brady is back. With logic like that, it is hard to take anything you say seriously. And why are the Dolphins a lock when they beat us twice last year? Yeah, we are home but we lost at home 4 times last year so its not as if we are unbeatable there.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain why we have a "very, very good shot" at beating the patriots??? They have owned us home and away and Brady is back. With logic like that, it is hard to take anything you say seriously. And why are the Dolphins a lock when they beat us twice last year? Yeah, we are home but we lost at home 4 times last year so its not as if we are unbeatable there.

True I have no confidence in our ability to beat the Pats in the opener. Its possible to beat them especially with Brady coming off of injury and the debut of the no huddle, the Pats are good but they aren't as good as they normally are.

I have been looking at the Pats roster and the Offense looks good (assuming Brady is back at near usual form). But their defense isn't as good as it normally is. Their D-line is really good but besides that the rest of the defense can be fairly average. They have no real outside linebackers and a lot of their other inside linebackers are old. Mayo is good and young but Brusci and Thomas while still effective players are getting up there (Thomas is 32 and Brusci is 35ish).

The Pats secondary is comprised of two young safeties with potential and a bunch of veteran corners who have shown signs of decline. They used one of their 2nd round picks on a corner and than they picked up Shawn Springs and Legih Bolden in free agency but those guys are a crap shoot. Also their pass rush may not be as effective due to the fact that their outside linebackers may not generate as much of a pass rush as they usually do.

To sum up the Pats unlike most years have real issues with their D not just with Brady coming back from injury. I think its possible for us to get a win on Monday night but not likely.

The Jets are going to struggle more than you think. Unhappy running backs, a new rookie QB, new coach, new system. It all adds up to a long season.

I can see the Bills going 9-7, going 3-3 in the division, 2-2 against the NFC South, winning at home, losing away and going 4-2 against the rest losing to Tennessee and Indy.

Thomas Jones and Leon Washington can piss and moan all day long. Shonn Greene is a beast in waiting.

The magazines are already out regurgitating the previous year's standings as they always do.

My only prediction right now is that NE wins the thing going away and Miami will be last. Parcells long-term knows what he's doing, but I see it as a "Patriots circa 1995" year for them where they take a big step backwards because they overachieved so much in year 1. I do admire Crowder's bragging of "defending division champs" when they got their ass kicked by Cassell and the Pats on their own field in the most recent meeting and finished 1st via some arbitrary tiebreaker though.

The magazines are already out regurgitating the previous year's standings as they always do.

My only prediction right now is that NE wins the thing going away and Miami will be last. Parcells long-term knows what he's doing, but I see it as a "Patriots circa 1995" year for them where they take a big step backwards because they overachieved so much in year 1. I do admire Crowder's bragging of "defending division champs" when they got their ass kicked by Cassell and the Pats on their own field in the most recent meeting and finished 1st via some arbitrary tiebreaker though.

im not so sure about parcells....i think belicheat deserves a lot of credit for his coaching success...parcells had a good yr last yr..gotta give him credit..but he has no provem history of GMing

Thanks Gr8P, I will make sure to cite your support when they all come in. BTW,

what does your handle mean? Some kind of great ape? I likes it, you should have

mighty joe or something as your avatar.

Just a nick name

Great Parking doenst fit on a licesne plate