Cop that busted Bruce for DUI, gets busted for DUI

Justice

Yes, VOR, Classic case of "Do as I say, not as I do". It's somewhat miraculous the cop even got busted as they tend to protect their own. Maybe Bruce was really hit with a DWB, instead.

If such is the case than kudos to karmic justice on the overseer getting his just due.

Yes, VOR, Classic case of "Do as I say, not as I do". It's somewhat miraculous the cop even got busted as they tend to protect their own. Maybe Bruce was really hit with a DWB, instead.

If that was the case, then why didn't Bruce submit to the breath test? DWB will not make you register over a .08...

Would be sad if this allows Bruce to get off free again. I do not wish Bruce anything bad but after what happened to Donte Stallworth he should consider himself lucky. Bruce has obviously pushed the limits with this stuff for many years. As the old saying goes "if you play with fire..." However, as Stallworth learned when it comes to drinking and driving many people may get burned.

BTW - I am not trying to cast stones. Just wishing that Bruce would get smarter - he can afford cab fare. NP with him drinking just needs to be responsible about driving.

Would be sad if this allows Bruce to get off free again. I do not wish Bruce anything bad but after what happened to Donte Stallworth he should consider himself lucky. Bruce has obviously pushed the limits with this stuff for many years. As the old saying goes "if you play with fire..." However, as Stallworth learned when it comes to drinking and driving many people may get burned.

BTW - I am not trying to cast stones. Just wishing that Bruce would get smarter - he can afford cab fare. NP with him drinking just needs to be responsible about driving.

Agree 100%. No one should drive drunk obviously, but when a rich person does it, it boogles my mind. Get a cab, call your wife, or go home with your mistress.

I was waiting to comment until I got more facts, but I'm less inclined to believe it was DWB, since Bruce has a history of drinking and driving, failed the sobriety test, and refuse the breath test. It's the hypocrisy of the officer that gets me.

Agree 100%. No one should drive drunk obviously, but when a rich person does it, it boogles my mind. Get a cab, call your wife, or go home with your mistress.

If you have a bunch of jingle in your pocket, getting a cab quickly is easy.

You go to a company, drop a thou on the owner, spread cash unto the dispatch folks, and tell them to inform drivers that there will be a guaranteed minimum 50 buck tip.

Tell them that they can count on same next year, if the service is well-performed. Send a gift basket of booze and wine bottles and fine cookies and candy to the office come Christmas time.

A pizza lunch delivery now and then - call first so they expect it.

I was waiting to comment until I got more facts, but I'm less inclined to believe it was DWB, since Bruce has a history of drinking and driving, failed the sobriety test, and refuse the breath test. It's the hypocrisy of the officer that gets me.

What makes you claim DWB?

No doubt the officer is a hypocrite but also human. Kudo's to his peers that were willing to arrest one of their own. Again, I can't throw stones in this situation. All I can say is that I learned my lesson long ago. I feel very fortunate that I never ended up in a situation where I had to live with very serious consequences due to poor decisions in my younger years. If you want to drink - hand your keys to the bartender while sober and tell him / her to call a cab when you say you are ready. Better yet, order something you enjoy drink it slowly, stop at one or two (over a long enough period of time) enjoy time with your friends and go home safe and sound.

What makes you claim DWB?

No doubt the officer is a hypocrite but also human. Kudo's to his peers that were willing to arrest one of their own. Again, I can't throw stones in this situation. All I can say is that I learned my lesson long ago. I feel very fortunate that I never ended up in a situation where I had to live with very serious consequences due to poor decisions in my younger years. If you want to drink - hand your keys to the bartender while sober and tell him / her to call a cab when you say you are ready. Better yet, order something you enjoy drink it slowly, stop at one or two (over a long enough period of time) enjoy time with your friends and go home safe and sound.

The Cop that was arrested most likely has a reputation of ticketing his fellow officers......................what goes around.

:thumbsup:

:lol: back to you. If he was innocent or simply guilty of DWB why did he refuse to submit to breathalyzer (sp?). If he is sober ... blow and the whole deal is a non-issue. Not arguing that the orginal stop may have been prompted by DWB ... hard to say but the DUI goes away if the guy blows below the limit.