The rest of our schedule

Bear

IF, and that is a big IF! we play like we did today, we should be able to win 6 of our last 8 games. We will have to play a bit better to win at New England and against Pittsburgh at the end of the season, but if we take those two losses, we would end up 9-7.

(I hate making predictions like these, but I'm excited!)

In beteen New England and Pitt we have a pretty easy schedule. Of course, we look easy to most teams, but like I said..IF we can continue to play like we did today, we WILL win those 6 games. With all the injuries to NE, we even have a good chance to beat them.

NE may be beating St. Louis with the injuries, but we aint St. Louis.

@ New England

St. Louis

@ Seattle

@ Miami

Cleveland

@ Cincinnati

@ San Francisco

Pittsburgh

Nice!  We are gonna have a decent record and have a shot at the playoffs.  I especially like that Dolphins-Cleveland-Cincy-San Fran stretch

106627[/snapback]

He who counts wins before they actually have them, does not play in the World Series. :blush:

Whos counting wins?  Just pointing out that is a favorable stretch

106678[/snapback]

The teams we play are somewhat favorable but 5 of those games are on the road...I don't remember the last time we played well on the road.

IF, and that is a big IF! we play like we did today, we should be able to win 6 of our last 8 games.  We will have to play a bit better to win at New England and against Pittsburgh at the end of the season, but if we take those two losses, we would end up 9-7.

In beteen New England and Pitt we have a pretty easy schedule.  Of course, we look easy to most teams, but like I said..IF we can continue to play like we did today, we WILL win those 6 games.  With all the injuries to NE, we even have a good chance to beat them.

@ New England

St. Louis

@ Seattle

@ Miami

Cleveland

@ Cincinnati

@ San Francisco

Pittsburgh

106617[/snapback]

You think Seattle, St. Louis, and Cinci are easy? This isn't 1991!

The teams we play are somewhat favorable but 5 of those games are on the road...I don't remember the last time we played well on the road.

106698[/snapback]

I agree, and even IF we won those 6 games I don't expect a playoff apperance. I wouldn't even count on playoffs if we won 7 games, and even in my dreams I don't think we can do that.

I just want the team to keep playing like they did today. It gives me such high hopes for next year. Think about it:

We have one of the best defenses in the league, and thats with key injuries. Kelsay is playing better, and Pat is our only big FA on the line. He wants to play in Buffalo, and I think they will make it happen. This D stays intact, and we really don't have to worry about bringing in any high priced FA's in the off-season.

Offense:

This O-line is looking better and better. They played really well against a very tough Jets d-line. If they continue to gel, they could be a strength next season instead of a weakness.

Eric Moulds and Lee Evans are looking to be a really good tandem.

JP will start next year, and will hopefully lift our QB stats/leadership

McGahee...nuff said!

Our FB's are looking Great!

Our TE's aren't great, but frankly they are good enough.

We have a coaching staff that is one year wiser, and a system that the players know.

We will probably lose Jennings.

So, you are TD, what do you need in the off-season? I'd say a replacement for Jennings, another WR, and a young CB...in that order of priority.

I really think we get a 2nd rounder for Travis, and if we package Travis and a 3rd I think we can get a 1st rounder.

If we only pull one of those positions from the draft, and bring in just two FA to fill the other two positions, I really think this team is set and ready for a deep playoff run.

This is where my thought process takes me. Lots of if's, but hey..I'm allowed.

You think Seattle, St. Louis, and Cinci are easy? This isn't 1991!

106717[/snapback]

St. Louis is horrible, Seattle's WR's couldn't catch a cold / This defense can stop Alexander, and Cincinatti is certainly beatable.

The team we saw today can, and in my opinion will, beat those teams.

IF, and that is a big IF! we play like we did today, we should be able to win 6 of our last 8 games.  We will have to play a bit better to win at New England and against Pittsburgh at the end of the season, but if we take those two losses, we would end up 9-7.

In beteen New England and Pitt we have a pretty easy schedule.  Of course, we look easy to most teams, but like I said..IF we can continue to play like we did today, we WILL win those 6 games.  With all the injuries to NE, we even have a good chance to beat them.

@ New England

St. Louis

@ Seattle

@ Miami

Cleveland

@ Cincinnati

@ San Francisco

Pittsburgh

106617[/snapback]

looks a lot like 4-4 IF they play well....dont delude yourself