Ms Boxer Maam

Granted she may have worked hard to gain her status as a Senator. However, I think she should have understood that people within the military speak that way. I have friends that teach their children to address every adult as Yes maam or Yes Sir.

Personally, I think what she said was petty and she shouldn't have said it in the middle of the hearing. if anything, pull the guy aside later and say I would prefer to be called Senator. And I don't like her as a Senator at all.

I can understand where she is coming from though. It took women a long time to reach certain levels of title.

I responded in the thread only because I simply think it's offensive to call any woman anywhere that word, which to me is the equivalent of the n-word. And found it amusing that people were complaining about her asking for respect by calling her that word. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think what she said was petty and she shouldn't have said it in the middle of the hearing. if anything, pull the guy aside later and say I would prefer to be called Senator. And I don't like her as a Senator at all.

I can understand where she is coming from though. It took women a long time to reach certain levels of title.

I responded in the thread only because I simply think it's offensive to call any woman anywhere that word, which to me is the equivalent of the n-word. And found it amusing that people were complaining about her asking for respect by calling her that word. :rolleyes:

All in all... I completely agree with you. Especially on using that word.

Considering there have been a little less than 2200 Senators and about 38 of them have been women, I would say it was difficult for her to become a Senator. I think there are about 15 out of 100 now.

Yeah, it's a shame more women aren't married to sleazy trial lawyers who make a killing by suing on behalf of unions. A job made significantly easier thanks to the political favors his wife and her gang does for unions and trial lawyers. A perfect fit for The Most Ethical Congress EverTM

And if we're using math as our justification, isn't is difficult for anyone (well, other than a Kennedy), to become a Senator? 100 seats out of 300 million people is pretty long odds. And yet, this c--t is the only one out of 2200 who sees fit to show this kind of disrespect to a General.

Just curious, do you use that word around your wife?

I might if we were discussing Barbara Boxer. And I'd be sure to use the dashes.

It's not a nice word and not one I tend to throw around lightly, but certainly appropriate in this instance.

Yeah, it's a shame more women aren't married to sleazy trial lawyers who make a killing by suing on behalf of unions. A job made significantly easier thanks to the political favors his wife and her gang does for unions and trial lawyers. A perfect fit for The Most Ethical Congress EverTM

And if we're using math as our justification, isn't is difficult for anyone (well, other than a Kennedy), to become a Senator? 100 seats out of 300 million people is pretty long odds. And yet, this c--t is the only one out of 2200 who sees fit to show this kind of disrespect to a General.

It's not a nice word and not one I tend to throw around lightly, but certainly appropriate in this instance.

Funny how to bring unions into almost everything you post. In your world they would be a part of the axis of evil. :rolleyes: You bring up ethics... how was Congress when the republicans had control?

Nice job on using the word again. Do you feel empowered now?

Oh, I'm sure she is not the only one of 2200 to show disrespect to a General. I don't even think she was disrespecting him, didn't she just say "Do me a favor... call me Senator? I'd appreciate it... Thank you."

Fair enough overall though, I personally just really find that word offensive. It's the second worst word I can think of, and I love to fukking swear. :rolleyes:

Fair enough overall though, I personally just really find that word offensive. It's the second worst word I can think of, and I love to fukking swear. :rolleyes:

So I should call her a fukking c--t? :lol: We're sending you to London to build up a tolerance to hearing that word. Those bastards will call anyone the c-word. <_<

Of course it's not that big a deal, but it's rather disheartening when the people who are supposed to be responsible for fixing our country instead prioritize their preoccupied with stroking their own ego.

Oh, I'm sure she is not the only one of 2200 to show disrespect to a General. I don't even think she was disrespecting him, didn't she just say "Do me a favor... call me Senator? I'd appreciate it... Thank you."

Fair enough overall though, I personally just really find that word offensive. It's the second worst word I can think of, and I love to fukking swear. :doh:

How about if she just shuts up and listens to what the General has to say?

The best way for him to handle it and simultaneously put her in place would have been to say:

"Certainly SENATOR, and I'd appreciate it if you refer to me as GENERAL, I know I have EARNED that as well"

no problems anywhere...

I responded in the thread only because I simply think it's offensive to call any woman anywhere that word, which to me is the equivalent of the n-word. And found it amusing that people were complaining about her asking for respect by calling her that word. :doh:

You really think calling a chick a c--t is the same as calling a black person a n---er?

Next time you're in NY I'll give you the address to the home of my stepmother. It'll take her less than a day to show you how ridiculous your comment is.

You really think calling a chick a c--t is the same as calling a black person a n---er?

I personally do, yes. And I know a ton of women who surely do. Go on, ask your wife. :doh:

And going back to NY to see your stepmother won't do much good on that front. I'm sure I will hear a couple people use the n-word who don't think it's all that bad either.

I'm sure I will hear a couple people use the n-word who don't think it's all that bad either.

I'm sure you will, but that doesn't equate it to the c word. Not even close. Not even in the same universe.

This is obviously an opinion thing, so I won't waste time going back and forth, but equating those two is just crazy to me.

I'm sure you will, but that doesn't equate it to the c word. Not even close. Not even in the same universe.

This is obviously an opinion thing, so I won't waste time going back and forth, but equating those two is just crazy to me.

You what to start at the beginning of this.

responded in the thread only because I simply think it's offensive to call any woman anywhere that word, which to me is the equivalent of the n-word. And found it amusing that people were complaining about her asking for respect by calling her that word.

The word she found"offensive" was Maam.

Funny how to bring unions into almost everything you post. In your world they would be a part of the axis of evil. :doh: You bring up ethics... how was Congress when the republicans had control?

Nice job on using the word again. Do you feel empowered now?

You should hate her guts. She kisses the unions' asses in Congress while owning non-union restaurants and actively trying to keep them out. F' hypocriye c--t.

We'll stop calling her that when she stops acting like one.