James Hardy Day a huge success

Social services isn't going to simply walk away if hardy actually hit his infant son (which he didn't). He did smack his girlfriend around, but just because his son was in the room, doesn't mean that he hit his son. You're simply making things up at this point.

The girlfriend filed a police report stating that she and the baby were hit. That is not made up.

The girlfriend filed a police report stating that she and the baby were hit. That is not made up.

You're treading on slippery ground now. The arrest was based on a police report of probable cause, not a report filed by the girlfriend:

"A probable cause affidavit states Hardy struck his girlfriend of seven years and their infant son.

In the statement, though, Hardy’s attorneys insist Hardy’s arrest was “based solely on misunderstandings and an unfortunate communication collapse between the parties involved,” and they also suggested the arrest was based on assumptions and inferences that are not only inaccurate but couldn’t stand up in court."

She said she was trying to "get him". What part of that don't you understand?

After the fact. There was an incident of domestic abuse. It was basically swept under the rug. The girlfriend's statement was part of damage control. What part of that do you not understand?

After the fact. There was an incident of domestic abuse. It was basically swept under the rug. The girlfriend's statement was part of damage control. What part of that do you not understand?

What part of defamation don't you understand?

You're treading on slippery ground now. The arrest was based on a police report of probable cause, not a report filed by the girlfriend:

"A probable cause affidavit states Hardy struck his girlfriend of seven years and their infant son.

In the statement, though, Hardy's attorneys insist Hardy's arrest was "based solely on misunderstandings and an unfortunate communication collapse between the parties involved," and they also suggested the arrest was based on assumptions and inferences that are not only inaccurate but couldn't stand up in court."

I can't prove that he hit the kid, you can't prove he didn't. Who cares?

Hardy grew up in tough circumstances. I think he has done an admirable job of trying to overcome the behavioral issues that his childhood baggage may have caused. That doesn't mean he's been a perfect angel. I suspect that he's got something of a temper, and it's gotten the best of him at times, but I don't think he makes a habit of beating on girlfriends and kids.

As far as his football exploits are concerned, he struggled to make the transition for college ball at Indiana to the NFL. That shouldn't be a surprise. Indiana doesn't exactly run an NFL style offense. It was instead a simplified offense that took advantage of Hardy's size and athleticism to beat CBs to the ball. He came into the NFL needing to get stronger, and needing to learn route running on a whole different level. I don't think he's going to do a lot this season because he's still not that far removed from his ACL surgery, and the signing of TO really takes the pressure off of him having to do a lot. The Bills are going to let him come back slowly and will expect he'll blossom in 2010. Until then his career is going to be on the back burner. I'm happy to chill out until then on James Hardy.

Hardy grew up in tough circumstances. I think he has done an admirable job of trying to overcome the behavioral issues that his childhood baggage may have caused. That doesn't mean he's been a perfect angel. I suspect that he's got something of a temper, and it's gotten the best of him at times, but I don't think he makes a habit of beating on girlfriends and kids.

As far as his football exploits are concerned, he struggled to make the transition for college ball at Indiana to the NFL. That shouldn't be a surprise. Indiana doesn't exactly run an NFL style offense. It was instead a simplified offense that took advantage of Hardy's size and athleticism to beat CBs to the ball. He came into the NFL needing to get stronger, and needing to learn route running on a whole different level. I don't think he's going to do a lot this season because he's still not that far removed from his ACL surgery, and the signing of TO really takes the pressure off of him having to do a lot. The Bills are going to let him come back slowly and will expect he'll blossom in 2010. Until then his career is going to be on the back burner. I'm happy to chill out until then on James Hardy.

As usual, TigerJ with a solid post.

I can't prove that he hit the kid, you can't prove he didn't. Who cares?

If you cannot prove that he hit his kid, you cannot go around making statements that he did and treat them as fact. Burden of proof is on the accuser. Perhaps us here can make up all sorts of vile statements about you and tout them as true.

Who the F cares, here is a positive story about someone, and we gotta find a way to rip him.

I agree with the poster who said we have way to much negativity on this board.

If you are going to report the negative, and report is a bad choice of words, it's more like,

if we are going to salivate over the bad, then let's promote the good as well, at least it's

not another embarrassing incident story.

Dude, I am the biggest Hardy fan there is. I have been following him since the 7th grade on the Baskeball front. I was just stating what happend and how easy it is to get a domestic violence case against you. Trust me I know. People have no clue as to what went on in this situation so they need to stop with the nonsense.

well put. Nice point. I am looking forward to having him produce in a Bills jersey in the near but not immediate future.