The Bills Are Making The Playoffs This Year

The atmosphere surrounding this team and this city has been so low for so many years and it is time for a MAJOR attitude adjustment. I am quite sure that this is going to sound crazy to a lot of people but I am telling you, there is nothing better than a positive outlook on life and how that will reward you in so many different ways.

I am now a firm believer in whatever you put out there in the universe will come back to you in spades. I have been doing this for the past few months in my life regarding work and you would not believe the difference it has made. This economy has brought plenty of people down over the past year and I have been coming into work (that I love) and acting as though there is no recession. I have been actually visualizing certain clients coming on board and I kid you not, I am experiencing sales that I have not seen in my 10 years of sports marketing.

I could go on for hours on this and I guess the best way to sum it up is through an incredible person known as Louise Haye and the movie / book You Can Heal Your Life. Like I said, some people will brush this off as nonsense but I can assure you it is not.

The whole reference to the Bills is to just change the attitude of a perennial loser to a Champion. Maybe that is why veteran leadership in a locker room is so important. They COMPLETELY turn around the mentality of a team. Why not get the fans involved in this mentality as well? All I know is that visualizing things as if they have already happened instead of wishing for them is the key to life (happiness, money, winning, etc.)

Here is to a great remainder of the 2009 year to everybody including the Bills and Sabres!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you lose games (Jets, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver) in the manner we have the last couple of years, it's really hard to see the glass as half- full.

I totally agree and that is why it is not easy to change the way one thinks. The Bills picture is just a tiny sliver of what is possible if you can alter your DAILY thought process

Good post I agree and like the outlook...mind if I ask who you do sports marketing for? I'm at an agency myself on the consulting side.

It is a company called Premiere Global Sports. We don't get involved with the athlete representation like you might unless it is promoting one from our Speaker Division.

The atmosphere surrounding this team and this city has been so low for so many years and it is time for a MAJOR attitude adjustment. I am quite sure that this is going to sound crazy to a lot of people but I am telling you, there is nothing better than a positive outlook on life and how that will reward you in so many different ways.

I am now a firm believer in whatever you put out there in the universe will come back to you in spades. I have been doing this for the past few months in my life regarding work and you would not believe the difference it has made. This economy has brought plenty of people down over the past year and I have been coming into work (that I love) and acting as though there is no recession. I have been actually visualizing certain clients coming on board and I kid you not, I am experiencing sales that I have not seen in my 10 years of sports marketing.

I could go on for hours on this and I guess the best way to sum it up is through an incredible person known as Louise Hayes and the movie / book You Can Heal Your Life. Like I said, some people will brush this off as nonsense but I can assure you it is not.

The whole reference to the Bills is to just change the attitude of a perennial loser to a Champion. Maybe that is why veteran leadership in a locker room is so important. They COMPLETELY turn around the mentality of a team. Why not get the fans involved in this mentality as well? All I know is that visualizing things as if they have already happened instead of wishing for them is the key to life (happiness, money, winning, etc.)

Here is to a great remainder of the 2009 year to everybody including the Bills and Sabres!

Sorry, I'm an optimist but I don't believe in this visualization stuff when it comes to things out of my control. You can visualize the Bills in the playoffs til you're blue in the face, but it won't make a difference. I really don't think that's the point of visualization. Your example of making better sales...that might be the result of the correct attitude and the correct vision. But people who think they can win the lottery just by envisioning it hard enough are fooling themselves.

Now, if the PLAYERS use visualization for self improvement, I can see that having an effect. Attitude makes all the difference in sports. But us fans? I think all we can do is hope. After all, doesn't every franchise have fans who want them to make the playoffs? If your visualization works, doesn't that directly negate somebody else's?

Chances are we work with some of the same people and likely do similar work. I tend to work with NFL players quite often, but we don't rep them, my clients are the brands/sponsors. Keep up the good work!

It is a company called Premiere Global Sports. We don't get involved with the athlete representation like you might unless it is promoting one from our Speaker Division.

I am now a firm believer in whatever you put out there in the universe will come back to you in spades. I have been doing this for the past few months in my life regarding work and you would not believe the difference it has made. This economy has brought plenty of people down over the past year and I have been coming into work (that I love) and acting as though there is no recession.

Good for you. Epiphanies happen...

:thumbsup:

Sorry, I'm an optimist but I don't believe in this visualization stuff when it comes to things out of my control. You can visualize the Bills in the playoffs til you're blue in the face, but it won't make a difference. I really don't think that's the point of visualization. Your example of making better sales...that might be the result of the correct attitude and the correct vision. But people who think they can win the lottery just by envisioning it hard enough are fooling themselves.

Now, if the PLAYERS use visualization for self improvement, I can see that having an effect. Attitude makes all the difference in sports. But us fans? I think all we can do is hope. After all, doesn't every franchise have fans who want them to make the playoffs? If your visualization works, doesn't that directly negate somebody else's?

while i agree with your view of personal visualization, i think there is something to be said for an overall positive fan attitude. that large number of people putting that positive energy towards the team does seem to make a difference.

you're right that "all we can do is hope". that's exactly what the point of this thread is (i think). keep hope alive. dont get so down. BILL-IEVE!! :thumbsup:

Just visualizing what might happen will never work. I agree that for something like the Bills, the attitude in the locker room is what will prevail. I was suggesting that if you have an entire country full of Bills fans that always resort to the thought process of "how are they going to blow it this time", chances are, something pretty familiar is going to take place.

I have taken steps on a daily basis to correct things in my life and all I am suggesting is that why not throw it out there for other things as well. Maybe the guys in the locker room DO have the same neagative thoughts as the fans and together, failure is everywhere with that team. Look at how hockey teams love to bring in that "veteran guy" to take thenm to the next level. Maybe there is a little more to that than meets the eye. Suppose that person changes the whole mental outlook when things look like they are going downhill.

Like I said, I am pretty new to this and all I know is I have noticed SIGNIFICANT cahnges on my side.

You're really going to criticize a fellow Bills fan for having mood swings during the season? I mean, maybe trying to organize a walk out was a bit extreme, but Jesus H Christ on a stick, we were all pissed off.

Funny you should mention this. I do believe that this took place in something called the Past. I have taken a whole new outlook and changed negative thoughts to positive in ways I still do not understand. Thanks for the reminder though.

This is not to say that I am going to be dancin' in the streets when they lose but it certainly beats other alternatives.

You're really going to criticize a fellow Bills fan for having mood swings during the season? I mean, maybe trying to organize a walk out was a bit extreme, but Jesus H Christ on a stick, we were all pissed off.

I can pretty much GUARANTEE that I will still be fired up and have mood swings during Bills games BUT the tough part is to try and eliminate the doom and gloom as if it is expected to happen.

Just visualizing what might happen will never work. I agree that for something like the Bills, the attitude in the locker room is what will prevail. I was suggesting that if you have an entire country full of Bills fans that always resort to the thought process of "how are they going to blow it this time", chances are, something pretty familiar is going to take place.

I have taken steps on a daily basis to correct things in my life and all I am suggesting is that why not throw it out there for other things as well. Maybe the guys in the locker room DO have the same neagative thoughts as the fans and together, failure is everywhere with that team. Look at how hockey teams love to bring in that "veteran guy" to take thenm to the next level. Maybe there is a little more to that than meets the eye. Suppose that person changes the whole mental outlook when things look like they are going downhill.

Like I said, I am pretty new to this and all I know is I have noticed SIGNIFICANT cahnges on my side.

Now that, I'm on board with. People who realize that life is lived 95% in our own heads are happy people. For the most part, we don't have much control over what happens to us. However, we do have control over how we react to it.

Heck, to me that's the secret of life that we're all searching for.

Now that, I'm on board with. People who realize that life is lived 95% in our own heads are happy people. For the most part, we don't have much control over what happens to us. However, we do have control over how we react to it.

Love it, love it. You nailed it on the head right there. I can't even begin to tell you how easily things used to frustrate me (from actual bills, to chaos with kids, to Buffalo Bills). It is all how you approach the situation and handling it in a completely different way. I truly SEE things as already existing in my life even though they will most likely take form further down the road.

One of the things Wayne Dyer said when he was just a little kid was that he acted as though he knew he was going to be on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and some guest I can't remmber. Sure enough, 20 years later, there he was in that exact situation with same guest next to him. Dyer said he ALWAYS had the ability to see things as if they were happening and it always came easy to him. He was ALWAYS happy because he allowed himself and believed himself to BE happy.

Trust me, I am a rookie when it comes to this type of thinking and just wanted to mention it because it WILL change your daily life.

I agree a lot with what you have to say. The above economy point is a fair one, at least in the respect "the dismal science" is very much that, tuned to the attitude of consumer and business health. If we all consistently believe the economy is still tanking and there is no end, we will spend less, take less risks, hire less employees; it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sports, as Sage said, isn't that simple. All Buffalo fan wants to do is love our teams. It's becoming harder and harder to do that. I take this only from my generation (millenial), since that's all I've experienced, but I've had quite literally, 0 fun with Buffalo Sports throughout my life. The closest we as a city got to a championship, with regards to my young adulthood, is going to be game 7 of the ECF against Carolina. It sucks, but that playoff run is going to end up being the most nostalgic I will look back on in 20 years, much like if I were in my late teens-early 20's during the Kelly Bills years. Why it always ends in heartbreak, no one can really answer, but it is what it is.

I'm developing a theory about how ownership of both teams, Bills and Sabres, are essentially blackmailing the existence of the team against its fanbase. At this current stage economically, with Buffalo's market size, and availability of disposable income, we should just be happy that the teams exist here, and are making money. Forget winning or entertainment, Buffalo fan, at this point, should just be happy we can talk sports at a pro level. This attitude sucks. Detroit is floundering, GM is bankrupt, Chrysler is in bankruptcy, and the state of Michigan is at double-digit unemployment, yet the Red Wings win Stanley Cups, NBA championships. Pittsburgh, similar situation. How do these Rust Belt teams make it work?