I would plan on T.O. costing us $9 M + a year next season

SKOOBY

If his performance gets us to the playoffs, I'll pass the coffee can around personally. Of course the other side of the coin is whether he will want to stay in small-time Buffalo. Jerry Jones is still sniffing his jock. I would not be shocked if he returned to Dallas.

PTR

this would be a shocker ... if Romo and garrett are still here I highly doubt T.O. will be back but this is Jerry Jones' soap opera so who knows.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who signs TO to anything more than a 1 year deal and/or does so more than once does it at their own peril. I know the Bills are stupid and I tell them as much often but I don't think even they are that stupid.

After the coming 5 win debacle they're gonna need more than clever marketing...

There are so many circumstances that go with what and how we should bring TO back for. If he does the usual 70-80 catches 1000 plus yards and 10 TD's but we only go 8-8 than I would only offer him a 1 year deal for 7.8 million dollars (he might reject that). If we go 10-6 and make the playoffs plus he gets those numbers I think we give him a 2 year deal at 17 million dollars (8.5 million per only the first year guaranteed).

But you also have to factor in his behavior, relationship with Edwards, relationship with the rest of the team, and do the coaches want him back as a player and personality wise (or would they sell their soul for production). Also based on this year would he simply be a guy who might tear this team apart if they brought him back (like he did in Dallas and Philly it looked good one year than he tore the team apart).

So the numbers we throw out now are just BS estimates. And I wouldn't really want to give a 36 year old WR a three year deal with any guarantees past the first year. Two years tops if all goes well.