Top 10 Offenses of All Time

In all honesty, that's a pretty tough group to crack. Of the ones I saw, all of those offenses were pretty unstoppable. And someone made a good point about the Super Bowls; the Bills offense was held in check each time.

Agreed...In fact the 1992 Redskins which broke many records, including the Bills back in super bowl XXVI did not make it to that list.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The testosterone babies of today would shiit bricks if they lined up accross some of the mad men loonies of yesteryear.

Agreed. Given the sieve that J Peters was last season, how would he have handled Deacon Jones, Bubba Smith, Ben Davidson, Alex Karras and Chuck Bednarik on consecutive weeks? By Thanksgiving, Edwards, Losman and the Chroise would all have broken legs, shoulders, arms and jaws and Ralph would be scrambling to find the phone number of Ed Rutkowski.. :thumbsup:

Top 10 Lists are a joke, but if you are going to comment on it the 1990 team must be included. The 1990 Bills Offense was unstoppable. In Super Bowl 25 they scored 17 points in 19 minutes of possession against an outstanding defense. They are definitely better than the 1981 Chargers. Dan Fouts is the most overrated quarterback in NFL history... he is judged on his numbers alone, and is comparable, stats wise, to Marc Bulger. If the 1990 Bills played the 1950 Rams, Bruce Smith would B word slap those 250 pound offensive tackles. Old teams don't even belong in the conversion.

I would think the Bills got some consideration, but in the end, if Dallas didnt make it with Aikman, Emmit, and Irving, the Bills weren't gonna make it with Jimbo, Thurman, and Andre...

I also would put the 2007 Pats at #1...well, except for their superbowl performance!

Not really sure how they picked the '99 Rams over the '07 Pats

1999 Rams:

1. 526 points scored.

2. 6,412 total yards.

3. 55 touchdowns scored.

4. Passing - 4,353 yards; 42 TDs; 15 INTs.

5. Rushing - 2,059 yards; 13 TDs.

2007 Patriots:

1. 589 points scored.

2. 6,580 total yards.

3. 67 touchdowns scored.

4. Passing - 4,731 yards; 50 TDs; 9 INTs.

5. Rushing - 1,849 yards; 17 TDs.

And if the Pats had played in a dome like the Rams did the statistical advantage would be significantly more in favor of the Pats.

1999 Rams:

1. 526 points scored.

2. 6,412 total yards.

3. 55 touchdowns scored.

2007 Patriots:

1. 589 points scored.

2. 6,580 total yards.

3. 67 touchdowns scored.

And if the Pats had played in a dome like the Rams did the statistical advantage would be significantly more in favor of the Pats.

Great point about the dome.

I figured I'd see Dallas on that list, but maybe they weren't as good as I remember them.

I agree. I'm far from a Cowboys fan. Can't stand them, but they had that three year stretch in the 90's with one of the best offensive lines I've ever seen with a solid TE in Novacek, an athletic receiver in Harper, the best fullback in the league for a few years in Johnston, and the big three of Aikman, Smith, and Irvin.

And, Buffalo should have a team on this list!

1999 Rams:

1. 526 points scored.

2. 6,412 total yards.

3. 55 touchdowns scored.

2007 Patriots:

1. 589 points scored.

2. 6,580 total yards.

3. 67 touchdowns scored.

At the same time, after the Colts whining in the one playoff game against the Pats*, the NFL change the 5 yard jam rule. Perhaps, the Rams and their smallish receivers might have had even bigger #s if they didn't mugged down the field.

It is almost impossible to compare seasons.