Fantasy Nerds

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Fantasy Nerd myself, I am looking forward to playing GM this year as much as ever! My question for other FNs out there, who would you take #1 this year?

I'm thinking AP but who knows...

Opinions?

Tough one, but I may go w/ Adrian "AD" Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings.

As a Fantasy Nerd myself, I am looking forward to playing GM this year as much as ever! My question for other FNs out there, who would you take #1 this year?

I'm thinking AP but who knows...

Opinions?

I took AP this past year over LT and he worked out great.

Haven't watched a game there yet... is it a good time?

Do you live in Denver?

I do live in Denver. Would recommend that if you have Bills fans friends out here that someone just get the package. There are some serious dorks at LoDo's (some good folks too for sure), but the food absolutely blows. Worst wings ever. They have the poorest excuse for beef on weck, it's a joke. I usually go to maybe one game a year there at this point just for the hell of it.

AD may be the consensus #1 overall pick, especially if he can get a QB to take the pressure off of him. However, I am going to say that Maurice Jones-Drew would be my #1 if I was picking.

Why? You could probably get MJD later in the second round. Just because you think a player will be the #1 producer doesn't mean you should take him #1.

I do live in Denver. Would recommend that if you have Bills fans friends out here that someone just get the package. There are some serious dorks at LoDo's (some good folks too for sure), but the food absolutely blows. Worst wings ever. They have the poorest excuse for beef on weck, it's a joke. I usually go to maybe one game a year there at this point just for the hell of it.

I haven't found good wings out here... its a shame what some places try to pass.

BUT

Best beef on weck in D-town (actually englewood):

There's this place called The Old Fashioned Italian Deli, if you go South on Broadway past Belleview, take a right onto Littleton Blvd and after like 0.5 mi its this little $hithole of a place that you would miss if you weren't paying close attention. The owner is originally from Buffalo and makes amazing sanwiches. Cool place if you're looking for some good grub. They only take cash though.

I haven't found good wings out here... its a shame what some places try to pass.

Your problems are solved my friend. Luciano's between 10th and 11th on Broadway. Owned by a guy from OP, they have Buffalo style pizza too. Make sure and ask them to leave the pizza and wings in for an extra two minutes as they have a tendency to undercook both. Dine in always better too...

Why? You could probably get MJD later in the second round. Just because you think a player will be the #1 producer doesn't mean you should take him #1.

good post... but you have to ask yourself this, if you're drafting #1 (assuming its a ladder draft) that means that your next pick is at the end of the 2nd round, so are you confident that the player you really want is going to last that long?

that said, I'd take Peterson over MJD.

where does Ronnie Brown fall to this year?

Your problems are solved my friend. Luciano's between 10th and 11th on Broadway. Owned by a guy from OP, they have Buffalo style pizza too. Make sure and ask them to leave the pizza and wings in for an extra two minutes as they have a tendency to undercook both. Dine in always better too...

I'll check it out.

Gracias!

McNabb might be putting up some incredible numbers this year. I'd say McNabb, Brees, Brady, and Payton are still the top four QB's. AP, Turner, and, I think these three running backs will be near the top this year - Mendenhal, Larry Johnson, Gore. I haven't played fantasy football in a few years - family, work, etc. - I couldn't keep up with it. But, when I was playing, there were a few years where my Defense scored way more points than any other position, so, I always look out for the defenses that have the potential for ST scores and int, fumbles, sacks... like maybe the Giants, or the Bears...