Tim Russert

NBC News did a little tribute to him on their broadcast last night. Made me realize how much I miss him on "Meet the Press" every week. The world is a bit of a sadder (and less informed) place without him.....

Saturday June 13,2009 marks the first anniversary of his passing. May we all pause and remember him and his family today.

I hope Tim is in peace and may he watch SB reruns with the results he had hoped for. A true leader of the Bills Nation is missed.

NBC News did a little tribute to him on their broadcast last night. Made me realize how much I miss him on "Meet the Press" every week. The world is a bit of a sadder (and less informed) place without him.....

Not just because he's a Buffalo native, I think NBC lost so much when he passed away. Just finished reading Big Russ and Me again. Good way to remember the man.

Perhaps Canisius High School's most famous alum, Tim never forgot his roots and was extremely generous to CHS.

Certainly the most visible Bills fanatic, Tim took every opportunity to plug his home town team. I loved when he'd put folks like Mario Cuomo, Rudy Giuliani, Hillary Clinton, et al 'on the spot' about supporting New York State's only NFL franchise.

Requiescat in pace.

Funny, I was just planning on posting this: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=67246

:lifts glass in tribute:

We miss you, Tim.

Re-read all 13 pages. Still feels the same it did a year ago. Glad to see alot of the tribute and video links still work.

Maria Schriver read this at the memorial service, still fitting today....

The Little Ship

I stood watching as the little ship sailed out to sea. The setting sun tinted his white sails with a golden light, and as he disappeared from sight a voice at my side whispered, “He is gone”.

But the sea was a narrow one. On the farther shore a little band of friends had gathered to watch and wait in happy expectation. Suddenly they caught sight of the tiny sail and, at the very moment when my companion had whispered, “He is gone” a glad shout went up in joyous welcome, “Here he comes!”