Why is Levitre starting with 1st team

Same here, and good Lord I hope not. Talk about the LAST thing that Lynch or this team needs: Any type of added legal issues for #23. For now it's still only a big time rumor and nothing more, though.

If you were the Bills, what would you do if the rumor was true? I can tell you right now I'd cut him. He would have had chance after chance, and wouldn't have seemed to care about bettering himself, for the opportunity to play in the NFL, and to not let his team down by getting in trouble and then suspended. He was a 1st round pick, but I'd go into the season with Jackson and Rhodes without hesitation. I think his lack of care is blatant disrespect for the franchise, and it would be an embarrassment to let him keep doing this while you turn the other cheek.

Of course, this is all a rumor and is a long shot, but that's how I'd feel if it were true.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard reports of Lynch getting into trouble with the BPD almost weekly over the past several months. They're probably like the weekly "Axl Rose died of a drug OD" reports I heard back in the late 80's/early 90's.

If you were the Bills, what would you do if the rumor was true? I can tell you right now I'd cut him. He would have had chance after chance, and wouldn't have seemed to care about bettering himself, for the opportunity to play in the NFL, and to not let his team down by getting in trouble and then suspended. He was a 1st round pick, but I'd go into the season with Jackson and Rhodes without hesitation. I think his lack of care is blatant disrespect for the franchise, and it would be an embarrassment to let him keep doing this while you turn the other cheek.

Of course, this is all a rumor and is a long shot, but that's how I'd feel if it were true.

That's how I feel about it too. He would really leave them no choice. I would of course like to see them trade him in that scenario rather than simply cut him so that we can get some value in the form of players or picks in return. However, who knows if/what another team would be willing to give up for him, regardless of his talents, if there was another impending suspension that was in play. Lets just hope that it isn't close to being true.

That's how I feel about it too. He would really leave them no choice. I would of course like to see them trade him in that scenario rather than simply cut him so that we can get some value in the form of players or picks in return. However, who knows if/what another team would be willing to give up for him, regardless of his talents, if there was another impending suspension that was in play. Lets just hope that it isn't close to being true.

I don't think the rumor is true, because he practiced on Monday but not today. I think if they were holding him out based on some sort of weekend incident, he wouldn't have participated yesterday either.

I don't think the rumor is true, because he practiced on Monday but not today. I think if they were holding him out based on some sort of weekend incident, he wouldn't have participated yesterday either.

Good point. Still would be nice to hear from an actual source about exactly why he didn't practice today. Where the hell is Tim Graham?!?!?!!? :(

I think it's probably a good thing to not just hand either of these rooks a starting job right now and make them think they're going to have to earn it or not play. Especially now when they are just learning the playbook and not really into training camp yet in pads when they will need the work together with the other starting linemen. I'd kind of be surprised if both of them aren't starting week one, unless one or the other just doesn't pick up the playbook, assignments or speed of the game.

While I agree with what you're saying, I think they have to let the whole thing play out if true. I seriously doubt he was arrested since that would have been big news and publicized. If anything else, I guess I don't really care. Maybe he Whitnered someone and was within his legal rights.

Hope Tim doesn't get in trouble for reporting that ... :censored:

Me too, now that you mention it. I was supposed to receive a copy of the Bills' media policy for this year and haven't yet. But most NFL teams are standard. We're not allowed to report on formations and plays (especially gadget variety). I don't think huddles would fall into that category.

You also have to keep in mind that Wood was a center so going to guard may be more of a shift. But Wood will be the starter come the season like most poster have said its just the way DJ does it letting the vets hold it down till the rookies show why they were drafted so high

Me too, now that you mention it. I was supposed to receive a copy of the Bills' media policy for this year and haven't yet. But most NFL teams are standard. We're not allowed to report on formations and plays (especially gadget variety). I don't think huddles would fall into that category.

That was supposed to be a wisecrack about your earlier story, of course ... but for what it's worth, both Chris Brown and Mark Gaughan have remarked on the amount of no-huddle reps in the OTAs.

You also have to keep in mind that Wood was a center so going to guard may be more of a shift. But Wood will be the starter come the season like most poster have said its just the way DJ does it letting the vets hold it down till the rookies show why they were drafted so high

Firstly let me say that the Wood-Levitre/1st team-2nd team reps thing is a total non-issue to me. But I do want to point out that Levitre played tackle at Oregon State so it's a position shift for him also.

Firstly let me say that the Wood-Levitre/1st team-2nd team reps thing is a total non-issue to me. But I do want to point out that Levitre played tackle at Oregon State so it's a position shift for him also.

Didn't Levitre play some guard in college? But either way this whole who is starting where is a non-issue because both will be starting by the pre-season. If those two can be solid starters and Butler can hold down the right tackle spot than the Bills have a good core to build an offensive line around.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-161...s-minicamp.html

Just a surprise since I thought Wood was better

I think they are both going to be special players for years to come. It doesn't matter which kid might be picking things up faster, or the player they are competing with at their respective guard positions might be worse then the other.

I just hope that Brandon gets all the rookies signed up before the first meeting of training camp, as the team gets ready to break until then. Especially with all of this stupid no huddle crap we are hearing about. Every offensive and defensive rookie will be vital and needed this season if they really do run it full time, or even half the time.

As I understood it, the F.O. saw Levitre starting next to Walker, because they're both technicians, and Wood would go better alongside Butler, because they're both more of the bruising type. They thought the chemistry and communication would be best achieved that way - which would make the opening line - Walker, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, and Butler. That's fine by me. I also thought it interesting to see Bell as the backup LG, because we'll certainly see him play in the starting line-up this year if that is the case, and we'll be able to see how he responds to meaningful game situations. Sometimes players really bring their game to another level when they're thrown in - like Peters did.

Chambers hasn't been a full-time starter in the NFL, as compared to McKinney (85 games played, 45 starts vs. 5 starts for Chambers)?

All this speculation might be right on.

Or it might just be that they will semi-randomly put guys in and pull them out while they figure out who they like in general and who they like next to who else in particular.

Didn't Levitre play some guard in college? But either way this whole who is starting where is a non-issue because both will be starting by the pre-season.

Well, that's one guess. What ever happened to waiting to see how things play out. That's probably what the Bills are going to do, so why don't we do it also.