Madden 2010 Bills Info

Is that to say that we employ inferior players? Because there is no way in hell I would trade Lynch for Turner, Barber, Williams or Gore.

I guess what I'm saying is at this point in maddens evolution, they should be able to base their player ratings on more than just stats. Discouraging to know the only football game around is being made by people who don't really know football.

I would trade Lynch for every guy on this list and I really like Marshawn as a running back. Turner and Gore being my first choices.

Seems like Lynch should be a little higher but this Bills team is going to be fun to use in Madden. Evan and Owens as the top two targets than putting Roscoe or Hardy in the slot. Lynch and Jackson running the ball as well as catching screens are underrated weapons.

I also want to see the ratings on Edwards, Nelson, Wood, Maybin and Levietre. Edwards should be an 83 or an 84 while Wood and Levietre should be around 79 to 82. Maybin should be an 82 or 83 while Nelson should be 75 to 77.

I also don't understand what Mitchell did so badly last year to get lowered by 5 points. I think Mitchell should be slotted at 84 or 85. I also wounder if Poz's rating went up or down? also is Byrd slotted at safety or corner.

I didn't buy Madden last year because I alternate years to which I buy Madden (its not NHL were every year its worth having) but I played last years game and felt it was a decent game. The big problem I have with Madden is that they don't always focus on the little things. They are the only game in town yet they still feel the need to put stupid gimmicks in the game (Like the weapons system or the be your own blocker system heres a clue just make the blocking better and I won't need to do that)

They should focus on making the game reflect football more accurately. How about having a good o-line actually mattering and not taking five years to put in things that were in NFL 2k5

Madden stretched out player ratings this season, to make it so every player isn't rated form 80-99. A lot of players league wide are going to be rated "less" that they have in previous years simply because of the stretching out. This season, i believe the average rating is a 70, instead of an 81 or 82 in previous iterations. So a player in the 70s is an "Average" starter, 80s are above average, and 90s are reserved for superstars.

Your criticisms of madden make you sound like a 2k fanboy. No, madden is not perfect and still has issues to work out, but come up with reasonable suggestions as opposed to just "make blocking better."

marion barber is not overrated. he may be one of the only cowboys who isnt overrated a la tony tomo. he is very comparable to lynch (without the legal problems). he does the same exact things. he is a very good receving back and runs the ball like a bat outta hell.

Bats outta hell average 3.7 yards per carry, apparently.

dont be a "stat guy". if you ever watch cowboy games you would see that he is a major reason why the cowboys have been good the last few years

what do u mean dont be a stat guy we r talkin about if barber is better than lynch right.. lynch is obviously a better running back jus check the states...... barber only ran for 885 yrds last year and lynch ran for 1035 but barber is rated higher... thats just bull sh-- they never give bills players the respect they deserve.

frank gore 1036 - 6 fumbles

steven jackson 1042 - 5 fumbles

marion barber 886 - 7 fumbles

but they are rated atleast 4+ over lynch who ran for 1036 plus lynch had more td's then them all and only fumble twice w/ one lost..... hum kinda sketch.

frank gore 1036 - 6 fumbles

steven jackson 1042 - 5 fumbles

marion barber 886 - 7 fumbles

but they are rated atleast 4+ over lynch who ran for 1036 plus lynch had more td's then them all and only fumble twice w/ one lost..... hum kinda sketch.

what are you talking about? check the previous posts before you blow a gasket. i said lynch and barbeer are comparable, not who was better

what are you talking about? check the previous posts before you blow a gasket. i said lynch and barbeer are comparable, not who was better

they arent even camparible.. i mean they both have a sick stiff arm but lynch dances in the hole barber dances some but he'd rather run thru people... fyi the post u replied to was just a general post to TSW my friend. and i didnt blow a gasket i think my bills need more love.

Madden stretched out player ratings this season, to make it so every player isn't rated form 80-99. A lot of players league wide are going to be rated "less" that they have in previous years simply because of the stretching out. This season, i believe the average rating is a 70, instead of an 81 or 82 in previous iterations. So a player in the 70s is an "Average" starter, 80s are above average, and 90s are reserved for superstars.

Your criticisms of madden make you sound like a 2k fanboy. No, madden is not perfect and still has issues to work out, but come up with reasonable suggestions as opposed to just "make blocking better."

My criticisms of Madden are pretty legit. If I put out a bad o-line I don't really notice a difference in how well they block. I always build a good o-line but it never seems to matter. As for me being a 2k fanboy I do miss 2k because 2k pushed Madden to be a better game. If I have a great o-line and am going up against a bad d-line I should be able to dominate them all game, but in Madden your o-line can't push around a bad d-line which isn't very realistic.

The reason why Madden 04 and 05 were huge improvements in the franchise is because 2k surpassed them and they stepped up because their sales were reflecting their product (Madden was still number 1 but they were loosing ground and market share fast). Simply put competition is good for the consumer. Basketball and hockey games are awesome because there are two brands competing.

However Since Madden 06 they have been a little sloppy with their product. On the 360 it took them till Madden 2008 to put out an average product (you couldn't do a fantasy draft in Madden 07 on the 360 among other things). Madden 2010 is putting in the half a sack stat a stat that existed in NFL 2k5.

The camera angle presentation they added in Madden 2009 was in NFL 2k5. Madden added the weapons system and the be your own blocker but did those really improve the game? No not really they were just gimmicks. Madden should focus on being a better football simulation rather than adding gimmicks.

My criticisms of Madden are pretty legit. If I put out a bad o-line I don't really notice a difference in how well they block. I always build a good o-line but it never seems to matter. As for me being a 2k fanboy I do miss 2k because 2k pushed Madden to be a better game. If I have a great o-line and am going up against a bad d-line I should be able to dominate them all game, but in Madden your o-line can't push around a bad d-line which isn't very realistic.

The reason why Madden 04 and 05 were huge improvements in the franchise is because 2k surpassed them and they stepped up because their sales were reflecting their product (Madden was still number 1 but they were loosing ground and market share fast). Simply put competition is good for the consumer. Basketball and hockey games are awesome because there are two brands competing.

However Since Madden 06 they have been a little sloppy with their product. On the 360 it took them till Madden 2008 to put out an average product (you couldn't do a fantasy draft in Madden 07 on the 360 among other things). Madden 2010 is putting in the half a sack stat a stat that existed in NFL 2k5.

The camera angle presentation they added in Madden 2009 was in NFL 2k5. Madden added the weapons system and the be your own blocker but did those really improve the game? No not really they were just gimmicks. Madden should focus on being a better football simulation rather than adding gimmicks.

Well line protection and pocket creation has been redone this season. Maybe we'll see the effect of a good line this season in the game.

Well line protection and pocket creation has been redone this season. Maybe we'll see the effect of a good line this season in the game.

Yeah I hope that makes a difference and I like the fact that they are spreading out the rating system (which another poster pointed out) but it does take them too long to at least address these things. this is going to be there fifth game on the 360 and I feel that they are still behind were they should be. (it only took the NHL series two games to make a great game on the 360 and it only took the NBA 2K two games to make a great basketball game).

I know football is a little more complex from a programing prospective but they put the best teams and the most resources into the Madden game and it shouldn't take them this long to add features into Madden that were in NFL 2k5 a game on the PS2 and X-box. I just hope that they fix a lot of the typical Madden issues in this years game and add in stuff that makes the game better rather than gimmicks that look pretty on the back of the box but don't add anything to the game.

I agree that competition was better for the games in general and lots of your criticisms are legit. I don't like certain aspects of the game that you mentioned, most notably that OL/DL ratings seemed to have little to do with skill level. But the 2k5 love is like a good fishing story. It was a good game when it came out. Better than Madden? Debatable. I played both that year and thought were decent. But the further we get away from 2k5, the better and better game it becomes in the minds of 2k5 fans. It was decent. It wasn't great. To listen to 2k5 fans now you'd think the game gave you a BJ at halftime.

Madden has problems that still need to be worked out. I'm not going to deny it It appears they are making a concerted effort to address some of these problems. Take a look for yourself at http://insideblog.easports.com/Default.asp...amp;PageIndex=1 and see what you think. Go ahead and read through the articles and maybe you'll get a feeling for what it takes to put a video game together. But to sit here and pretend that madden hasn't made any advancements and that 2k5 is the ultimate football game is ludicrous.

What exactly is your definition of a better simulation? You mention that madden just added the 0.5 sack. How does that make it a "better simulation?" Stat wise the game is more realistic, but does a 0.5 sack really affect the actual gameplay? As for lead blocker, that's not a gimmick. It allows you to run the ball more effectively by sealing blocks. That's fairly realistic game play if you ask me.

I'll gladly discuss the good and bad of the recent madden iterations. But to sit there and say that 2k5 is still better than current madden ruins credibility.

To listen to 2k5 fans now you'd think the game gave you a BJ at halftime.

What version where you playing? Mine did that for an extra point. If you had to wait till halftime, then there is no wonder you're not a fan.

I agree that competition was better for the games in general and lots of your criticisms are legit. I don't like certain aspects of the game that you mentioned, most notably that OL/DL ratings seemed to have little to do with skill level. But the 2k5 love is like a good fishing story. It was a good game when it came out. Better than Madden? Debatable. I played both that year and thought were decent. But the further we get away from 2k5, the better and better game it becomes in the minds of 2k5 fans. It was decent. It wasn't great. To listen to 2k5 fans now you'd think the game gave you a BJ at halftime.

Madden has problems that still need to be worked out. I'm not going to deny it It appears they are making a concerted effort to address some of these problems. Take a look for yourself at http://insideblog.easports.com/Default.asp...amp;PageIndex=1 and see what you think. Go ahead and read through the articles and maybe you'll get a feeling for what it takes to put a video game together. But to sit here and pretend that madden hasn't made any advancements and that 2k5 is the ultimate football game is ludicrous.

What exactly is your definition of a better simulation? You mention that madden just added the 0.5 sack. How does that make it a "better simulation?" Stat wise the game is more realistic, but does a 0.5 sack really affect the actual gameplay? As for lead blocker, that's not a gimmick. It allows you to run the ball more effectively by sealing blocks. That's fairly realistic game play if you ask me.

I'll gladly discuss the good and bad of the recent madden iterations. But to sit there and say that 2k5 is still better than current madden ruins credibility.

By no means am I saying that NFL 2K5 is better than Madden 2009 or 2008 (2006 yes and 2007 maybe but thats only because they were building an engine on a new system). Its just that its frustrating to look at a game made in 2004 has features that took three to five years to be in Madden. I like Madden and if it gets good reviews I will likely buy it this year. Its not that half a sack stat is that big of a difference but it shows they don't pay attention to the little things in the game.

When I say better simulation I mean make the game more reflective of actual football. Just take a look at NHL games made by EA those games play like hockey and while they aren't perfect they get closer and closer every year. In NHL I play as the Devils and get better success by using the puck possession dump and chase strategy which they use in real life and in NHL if you score on one timers the computer will adjust and play to stop it.

In Madden if I throw all over the team they adjust way too late (instead of blitzing more or playing a different coverage when its 10-0 they adjust when I am up 21-0). As for the lead blocking allowing you to seal how about the computer be able to do that so I don't have to. Like I said the blocking doesn't have a good balance.

Another thing is the pass coverage is weird depending on the year the pass defenders either stick like glue or get burnt easily. I would like for there to be an middle ground were great corners stick like glue and bad ones get burnt. There are other issues but those are some of the biggest

Like I said each year Madden gets better its just that they never fix some issues and they add in gimmicks rather than doing the little things and fixes that add up over the years. I looked at the things they plan to implement this year and it looks promising but I will have to see if they will actually work in the final product.

Got the team ratings from madden2010.org

madden 2010

Some of the Bills players

Stroud - 92

Owens - 91

Moorman - 89

Lynch - 87

Schobel - 86

Mitchell - 81

And nfl teams

"

Madden 2010 team ratings were revealed at E3. Like the early player ratings, these are subject to change, but should be a good guide.

New England Patriots 93

Pittsburgh Steelers 92

New York Giants 89

San Diego Chargers 88

Philadelphia Eagles 88

Indianapolis Colts 87

Tennessee Titans 87

Arizona Cardinals 86

Dallas Cowboys 85

Carolina Panthers 83

Baltimore Ravens 82

Atlanta Falcons 81

Minnesota Vikings 80

Washington Redskins 79

Chicago Bears 79

Buffalo Bills 78

New York Jets 78

Green Bay Packers 78

Miami Dolphins 77

Seattle Seahawks 77

Houston Texans 75

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 74

New Orleans Saints 74

San Francisco 49ers 73

Jacksonville Jaguars 71

Oakland Raiders 71

Denver Broncos 70

Kansas City Chiefs 69

Cleveland Browns 68

Cincinnati Bengals 67

St. Louis Rams 66

Detroit Lions 65

Also the top 10 position players;

The top 10 Madden 2010 players at several positions have been revealed.

Quarterback

(Name, Team)

1 Peyton Manning — Indianapolis — 99

2 Tom Brady — New England — 98

3 Drew Brees — New Orleans — 97

4 Kurt Warner — Arizona — 94

5 Ben Roethlisberger — Pittsburgh — 93

6 Donovan McNabb — Philadelphia — 91

7 Tony Romo — Dallas — 88

Philip Rivers — San Diego — 88

9 Jay Cutler — Chicago — 87

Eli Manning - New York — 87

Wide Receiver

(Name, Team, Overall Rating)

1 Larry Fitzgerald — Arizona — 99

2 Andre Johnson — Houston — 98

3 Steve Smith — Carolina — 97

4 Randy Moss — New England — 96

5 Reggie Wayne — Indianapolis — 95

6 Anquan Boldin — Arizona — 94

Roddy White — Atlanta — 94

8 Wes Welker — New England — 93

9 Brandon Marshall — Denver — 92

Calvin Johnson — Detroit — 92

Tight End

1 Tony Gonzalez — Atlanta — 98

2 Jason Witten — Dallas — 97

3 Antonio Gates — San Diego — 95

4 Chris Cooley — Washington — 91

Dallas Clark — Indianapolis — 91

6 Kellen Winslow — Tampa Bay — 90

Heath Miller — Pittsburgh — 90

8 Owen Daniels — Houston — 89

9 John Carlson — Seattle — 87

10 Jeremy Shockey — New Orleans — 86

Running Back

1 Adrian Peterson — Minnesota — 98

2 Brian Westbrook — Philadelphia — 97

3 Michael Turner — Atlanta — 95

DeAngelo Williams — Carolina — 95

5 Clinton Portis — Washington — 94

LaDanian Tomlinson — San Diego — 94

7 Steven Jackson — St. Louis — 93

Frank Gore — San Francisco — 93

9 Maurice Jones-Drew — Jacksonville — 92

10 Marion Barber — Dallas — 91

Defenders

(Name, Team, Position, Overall Rating)

1 Albert Haynesworth — Washington — DT — 99

Ed Reed — Baltimore — FS — 99

Troy Polamalu — Pittsburgh — SS — 99

Nnamdi Asomugha — Oakland — CB — 99

Jared Allen — Minnesota — DE — 99

6 James Harrison — Pittsburgh — OLB - 98

Justin Tuck — New York Giants — DE — 98

DeMarcus Ware — Dallas — OLB — 98

Adrian Wilson — Arizona — SS — 98

Patrick Willis — San Francisco — MLB — 98

Just came back from Las Vegas. Leroy's Sports Book has Buffalo 20/1 to win Super Bowl.

When I say better simulation I mean make the game more reflective of actual football. Just take a look at NHL games made by EA those games play like hockey and while they aren't perfect they get closer and closer every year.

No video game has simulated actual NFL gameplay in-game better than NFL2k5.

Recent Madden games certainly look better, have more features, etc...but in terms the quality of gameplay, there is no comparison. The sad part is, 5 years later and the animations in 2k5 are still much more fluid and realistic than in Madden(not to mention your animations don't force you to run 7 yards and out of bounds).

No video game has simulated actual NFL gameplay in-game better than NFL2k5.

Recent Madden games certainly look better, have more features, etc...but in terms the quality of gameplay, there is no comparison. The sad part is, 5 years later and the animations in 2k5 are still much more fluid and realistic than in Madden(not to mention your animations don't force you to run 7 yards and out of bounds).

Well in Madden 2009 there was gang tackling and the animations were really good. Also in Madden 2009 the game adjusted to your offense but the only problem was it would happen way too late in the game. In NFL 2K5 there was no adjustment made by the opposing team if you had a play that worked you could pretty much run it over and over again. While there are some animations that are in NFL 2K5 that aren't in Madden, Madden 08 and 09 do have the better animations from a technical perspective.

Keep in mind the player models in Madden are of a higher quality so running animations for them are technically harder than PS2 XBOX player models.

I don't play Madden, or any games as much as I used to, but I really think the Madden game, any year, was awesome. I normally only play against the computer, at the highest level (All-Madden). In the last few versions, you can really tweak the settings to make the games more competitive (ie: if you are up to the challange, you can make it so you can't kick the computers ass). My one biggest complaint though, as the game strives for realism, the computer coach never benches anyone, no matter how bad they are playing, or how far they are out of it.