Pisa bad -mouths Bills...

He said, "Just the chance to be on a winning team is worth it to me."

Considering we've had one winning season and no playoff appearance since 1999, he wasn't bad-mouthing. He was being honest.

In fact, he could have said "Just the chance to be on a team that doesn't suck is worth it to me" and it would still be considered more truth than bad-mouthing.

Absolutely correct. Reality sucks, but Pisa speaks the truth about the Bills not being a winning team. I don't understand his problem with being annointed a starter, but if he turned out to be not all that, he'd be on the bench just as quickly as he proved himself to be an @$$. Sure was nice of him to consider Ellison's feelings though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is likely the same situation as what happened with Bryant Johnson last year. The Bills probably offered a deal longer than 1-year (likely 3) for an average salary more than what he ended up accepting (say $1.5M a year, versus the $1M he'll make with the Bears), but below what he felt he deserved. But the player took the 1-year deal in order to "showcase" himself for a year and then hit the jackpot on the market the following year. Now it worked for Johnson, mostly because the Lions are, well, the Lions, and every team is looking for WR help. But Tinoisamoa is a cover-2 LB'er, in a league that is moving-away from that scheme. If he doesn't play lights-out and get the Bears to re-sign him, his NFL career is basically over. Time will tell if he made the right move.

After reading that, I'm glad the Bills didn't waste money on him. This guy would rather compete and potentially end-up a backup than being given the starter's job and continuing to earn the start job? Or that he feels bad that another guy may have been named the starter (not true at all) and he doesn't want to hurt his feelings?

Is it really that hard to believe the guy just wants a challenge? Pisa fighting for the job makes him a better player by MOTIVATION & BUILDING CONFIDENCE. You can't have 1 without the other in any sport. Have you ever been good at a sport before? If so, you'd know what I'm talking about.

This is likely the same situation as what happened with Bryant Johnson last year. The Bills probably offered a deal longer than 1-year (likely 3) for an average salary more than what he ended up accepting (say $1.5M a year, versus the $1M he'll make with the Bears), but below what he felt he deserved. But the player took the 1-year deal in order to "showcase" himself for a year and then hit the jackpot on the market the following year. Now it worked for Johnson, mostly because the Lions are, well, the Lions, and every team is looking for WR help. But Tinoisamoa is a cover-2 LB'er, in a league that is moving-away from that scheme. If he doesn't play lights-out and get the Bears to re-sign him, his NFL career is basically over. Time will tell if he made the right move.

It is a huge gamble on his part. Something similar to what Kawika Mitchell did when he signed with the Giants. Worked out for him.

Is it really that hard to believe the guy just wants a challenge? Pisa fighting for the job makes him a better player by MOTIVATION & BUILDING CONFIDENCE. You can't have 1 without the other in any sport. Have you ever been good at a sport before? If so, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Yes it is really that hard to believe. Just because you're named the starter it doesn't mean you can rest on your laurels and stop competing. If that's what it signals to PT, then as I said, I'm glad the Bills didn't sign him. You don't see the high-priced FA's joining their teams to compete for their jobs, do you?

he sounds like an idiot. i would rather earn my job than be annointed a starter? i will take a one year one mill contract with the chance of not starting and possibly ruining any chance i have in this league to be an impact player.

check that...he does not sound like an idiot. he is an idiot.

I agree, what a fool. What type of player wouldn't embelish being the starter and a leader. A coward afraid a failure. I really wanted him but after this, glad we didnt. We dont need a *ussy linebacker. Here's hoping Ellison learned and get's better. Atleast he aint a chump.

I agree, what a fool. What type of player wouldn't embelish being the starter and a leader. A coward afraid a failure. I really wanted him but after this, glad we didnt. We dont need a *ussy linebacker. Here's hoping Ellison learned and get's better. Atleast he aint a chump.

:nana:

What?

Sorry dude, but your avatar distracted me from any rational thought

PS...Please post that avatr more often :rolleyes:

Of course there's no way he could be talking about another NFL team, right? There's only freaking 32 teams in the league, but even though he fails to mention the Bills by name in the quote, it has to be them, right?

You're an idiot - go root for the Dolphins!!! We don't want you on our bandwagon.

Bryant Johnson accomplished what last season?

45 catches, 546 yards, 3 TDs ---- yup, wish he would have come to Buffalo, would have made a huge difference.

Bryant Johnson accomplished what last season?

45 catches, 546 yards, 3 TDs ---- yup, wish he would have come to Buffalo, would have made a huge difference.

What he accomplished last season was doing enough to get him a 3-year $9M contract from the Lions this off-season. Although I don't know what he was offered by the Bills, so he may have lost money on the deal.

Of course there's no way he could be talking about another NFL team, right? There's only freaking 32 teams in the league, but even though he fails to mention the Bills by name in the quote, it has to be them, right?

You're an idiot - go root for the Dolphins!!! We don't want you on our bandwagon.

Buffalo has a bandwagon?

if he wants to fight for a starting spot, more power to him. he sounds like someone you want on your team. still, if he end up standing on the sideline i wonder if he'll be thinking f##k wish i had gone to buffalo.

Just because you are named the starter, it doesn't mean you don't still have to fight for your job. Say he's a backup this year, will he be content that he competed and lost, but is still making $1M, and has no chance of even making what the Bills offered him, next year?

Just because you are named the starter, it doesn't mean you don't still have to fight for your job. Say he's a backup this year, will he be content that he competed and lost, but is still making $1M, and has no chance of even making what the Bills offered him, next year?

i didn't mean to imply that he didn't have to play well to keep his job. but if he is a backup and has no chance of making what the bills offered him... the grass is always greener.

to be honest i didn't really know about him until he came on the bills radar. would he be a decent upgrade over ellison?

What he accomplished last season was doing enough to get him a 3-year $9M contract from the Lions this off-season. Although I don't know what he was offered by the Bills, so he may have lost money on the deal.

Read your post again - he went to the L-I-O-N-S. The freaking Lions will sign anyone right now. Johnson has been a slightly below average pro in his NFL tenure - that's it.