Jason Peters Pass-Blocking Skills

Something about this is really funny. The 2 time NFL Pro Bowl LT doesn't know how to block.

:devil:

Proof that Pro Bowl voting is a complete joke - Peters is living proof that you can have a drastic drop-off in performance from the previous season, lead the league in sacks-allowed, and still get voted in based purely on name-recognition alone.

BTW, Jason Peters = P.O.S.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are simply saying that they believe he is far from the limit of his potential and as such are teaching him the scheme and techniques that are used in Philly, which of course would obviously be different than those in Buffalo.

Are the schemes and techniques used in Philly include staying in front of the RDE and not getting the QB killed?

The best LT in the NFL according to Andy Ried after the Trade, needs to LEARN from scratch how to block? Too funny.

You always have to teach the best and learn from the worst, LOL.

Proof that Pro Bowl voting is a complete joke - Peters is living proof that you can have a drastic drop-off in performance from the previous season, lead the league in sacks-allowed, and still get voted in based purely on name-recognition alone.

BTW, Jason Peters = P.O.S.

Yeah, I still don't really understand how a guy can lead the league in sacks, not even playing an entire season,

and still be voted to the Pro Bowl.

Yeah, I still don't really understand how a guy can lead the league in sacks, not even playing an entire season,

Could it have something to do with the fact that most teams still run the ball nearly 50% of the time, and that perhaps he is an exceptionally good run blocker? Also it seems pretty absurd to me to quantify "sacks allowed" as there are a nearly infinite number of dynamics on any given play that could result in a sack. Clearly you people that are still railing about this have no comprehension of that simple truth so I won't waste any more breath on it....but can someone please tell me where the statement below comes from?

The best LT in the NFL according to Andy Ried after the Trade, needs to LEARN from scratch how to block? Too funny.

That is an embarrassingly unsubstantiated remark.

Yeah, you're right. Mouse McNally was considered a real bonehead in coaching circles.

No disrespect to McNally, but for the money we spent on our o-line, I'd expect a lot better production.

Bellichick supposedly likes to draft scrubs to play o-line, reasoning that you can coach anyone up to play those positions. If that's true, then our poor o-line play is a reflection of poor coaching.

Could it have something to do with the fact that most teams still run the ball nearly 50% of the time, and that perhaps he is an exceptionally good run blocker? Also it seems pretty absurd to me to quantify "sacks allowed" as there are a nearly infinite number of dynamics on any given play that could result in a sack. Clearly you people that are still railing about this have no comprehension of that simple truth so I won't waste any more breath on it....but can someone please tell me where the statement below comes from?

So you believe that some cosmic confluence of events, circumstances and "a nearly infinite number

of dynamics on any given play" eventually led to Jason Peters being credit with more sacks than ANY other

LT in the NFL.

Hmm. Interesting. I saw rookie Chris Long go right bye Peters for a sack, untouched on the inside.

No disrespect to McNally, but for the money we spent on our o-line, I'd expect a lot better production.

Bellichick supposedly likes to draft scrubs to play o-line, reasoning that you can coach anyone up to play those positions. If that's true, then our poor o-line play is a reflection of poor coaching.

Well, 3 of the Patriots starting O-lineman were drafted in the first 3 rounds. Only one, Stephen Neal, was taken after the 5th round (undrafted).

Care to provide any supporting evidence for that statement? Actual quotes from Belichick would be appreciated.

Edit: Nice job, Fingon

So you believe that some cosmic confluence of events, circumstances and "a nearly infinite number

of dynamics on any given play" eventually led to Jason Peters being credit with more sacks than ANY other

LT in the NFL.

Hmm. Interesting. I saw rookie Chris Long go right bye Peters for a sack, untouched on the inside.

And we all saw 200 lb. Jets safety Abram Elam breeze by Peters untouched, causing the Losman fumble that lost us that game in the final moments as FatBoy just stood and watched - apparently completely immobilized by the sight of someone who didn't slow down to pay homage to the fat, lazy, tub of lard.

Well, 3 of the Patriots starting O-lineman were drafted in the first 3 rounds. Only one, Stephen Neal, was taken after the 5th round (undrafted).

Dan Koppen was a 7th rounder. But the point still remains that the Patriots* aren't looking to draft scrubs to play OL.

And we all saw 200 lb. Jets safety Abram Elam breeze by Peters untouched, causing the Losman fumble that lost us that game in the final moments as FatBoy just stood and watched - apparently completely immobilized by the sight of someone who didn't slow down to pay homage to the fat, lazy, tub of lard.

There were a myraid of reasons why Elam got the sack on JP. It wasn't Peters' fault.

That play alone made me hate that fat bastard. I wonder if JP hates him too considering that that play was probably on the highlight reel of reasons not to sign him.

That's actually really, really easy to explain. His peers and opposing coaches think he's better than everyone else in the AFC, and therefore voted for him.

He didn't win the fan voting, so that's the ONLY way he could've made it.