Would Chris Kelsay be a better fit in a 3-4 defense as a OLB?

Believe it or not but Kelsay is pretty good and consistent at tackling runners and if I recall accurately he did make that interception against Dallas on that MNF game so he just might be decent at defending the TEs on passing plays also.

Although the LDE in a 4-3 defense isn't suppose to be the sackmaster that the RDE is but they are suppose to tie up the OTs and I don't think that Kelsay is physical enough for that. Maybe Kelsay will still land up getting traded to one of these 3-4 defensive teams.

Believe it or not but Kelsay is pretty good and consistent at tackling runners and if I recall accurately he did make that interception against Dallas on that MNF game so he just might be decent at defending the TEs on passing plays also.

Although the LDE in a 4-3 defense isn't suppose to be the sackmaster that the RDE is but they are suppose to tie up the OTs and I don't think that Kelsay is physical enough for that. Maybe Kelsay will still land up getting traded to one of these 3-4 defensive teams.

Kelsay is a better fit in Nebraska, playing college ball and helping their locker room.

Absolutely not.

Way too slow and has zero quickness.

He is not even starting caliber at DE.

Although given his "run real fast straight past the O-line and hook backwards" strategy maybe if he was lined up deeper he might actually only run 20 yards passed the line of scrimmage instead of the usual 60

Chris Kelsay at OLB.......what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!...then we can slide Stroud over to end and move Brian Moorman over at the three technique....this is the kind of post u get when ppl have too much time on their hands

Chris Kelsay at OLB.......what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!...then we can slide Stroud over to end and move Brian Moorman over at the three technique....this is the kind of post u get when ppl have too much time on their hands

Simmer down, champ.

I'll just be a little less sarcastic than others and simply say it wouldn't work my friend. Kelsay is too slow and unathletic to play OLB in the NFL. He'd be a liability there as well.

I'm not talking about for the Bills but for another team that employs a 3-4 defense.

I'll just be a little less sarcastic than others and simply say it wouldn't work my friend. Kelsay is too slow and unathletic to play OLB in the NFL. He'd be a liability there as well.

I'm not so sure about that. I started thinking about this when I was reading about Green Bay's DE Aaron Kampman. They converted him to an OLB because they are switching to a 3-4 defense this year. I'm not sure how good Kelsay would be in this scheme but was wondering if he would be better suited for it than our 4-3 defense.