Superbowl Champs in 2009?

Lets just say that everything, for once, went the Buffalo Bills way in 2009. Lets imagine that the offense line GELS, the defense actually PRESSURES the Quarterback and FORCES turnovers, TO becomes a model citizen and football player, and Trent Edwards turns into the QB that this franchise has so desperately needed since Jim Kelly. If all this happens, what is our record, and if you have us making the playoffs, how far do we go? (Last year would have been the year with Tom Brady going down, but in my opinion, if we do beat the Pats, I want to do it with a healthy Tom Brady)

So for example do the 2009 Bills: make the playoffs and end that terrible playoff drought, go 7-9 again, finish last in the AFC East and finally Fire Dick Jauron, WIN IT ALL, or ...........? You tell me your opinion for the 2009 Bills season-

If all that stuff happens? If the o-line actually functions, our pass rush functions consistently and our coaching staff takes a few risks?

I see us narrowly beating out the Pats* for the AFC east. If we can do that, I see no reason why we can't make it to the AFC championship game. Regular season record 12-4 with a 5-1 record in the division.

But then again, that's a lot of "ifs". Realistically? I put us as 9-7, fighting for a wild card spot.

where do you guys buy your weed? they will be extremely lucky to be 8-8 if all goes very well. they are just not that good. they are okay is a couple of areas like special teams, but have few impact players elsewhere. TO may have an impact every other game IF Trent isn't afraid to throw when TO is covered, but who else? Lynch can't bust anything big, Evans sucked last year, tight ends are miserable and a rookie won't change that this year, DBs are average, LBs and DL are below average. Coaching is below average except for April. you won't win when your best players are a punter and three kick return men.

where do you guys buy your weed? they will be extremely lucky to be 8-8 if all goes very well. they are just not that good. they are okay is a couple of areas like special teams, but have few impact players elsewhere. TO may have an impact every other game IF Trent isn't afraid to throw when TO is covered, but who else? Lynch can't bust anything big, Evans sucked last year, tight ends are miserable and a rookie won't change that this year, DBs are average, LBs and DL are below average. Coaching is below average except for April. you won't win when your best players are a punter and three kick return men.

You missed the point of his initial statement. he said what if the Oline comes together, Dline puts pressure and the team as a whole plays good.

Evans 'sucked last year. He was solid just like every year.

Buffalo has players that have potential and have shown flashes of being good to great players.

Evans

Lynch

Stroud

Schobel

Edwards

Whitner

McKelvin

Owens

McGhee

On the Oline i would say Butler, Hangartner, and Walker have proved they can play good. The change in positions is a question for sure. Woods and Levitre displayed the mindset and skill in college, that needs to transition to the pros.

Byrd will have to most noticiable and immediate impact this year of any the rookies. Maybin is a 50/50 guy. He could turn into the next great pass rusher for the Bills or he could bust out in 3 years. Huge risk but huge possible reward. I dont see him giving more then a couple of sacks this year.

If the Oline and Dline produce and perform well then this team can win 10 games. Probably second in East and host a wildcard game.

Injuries will tell the true story, because besides Dbs Buffalo has a big drop off in talent in depth players.

Lets just say that everything, for once, went the Buffalo Bills way in 2009. Lets imagine that the offense line GELS, the defense actually PRESSURES the Quarterback and FORCES turnovers, TO becomes a model citizen and football player, and Trent Edwards turns into the QB that this franchise has so desperately needed since Jim Kelly. If all this happens, what is our record, and if you have us making the playoffs, how far do we go? (Last year would have been the year with Tom Brady going down, but in my opinion, if we do beat the Pats, I want to do it with a healthy Tom Brady)

So for example do the 2009 Bills: make the playoffs and end that terrible playoff drought, go 7-9 again, finish last in the AFC East and finally Fire Dick Jauron, WIN IT ALL, or ...........? You tell me your opinion for the 2009 Bills season-

I suppose many of the things you mention are within the realm of possibility. The one thing I can't fathom is "the defense actually PRESSURES the Quarterback." Where is this pressure supposed to come from? An old broken down Schobel? Is not the rookie a two year project. On your wish list you should put in "if Stroud stays healthy" (a big if at his age). Without at least that happening things could get very ugly pretty quick.

I don't think there is a super team in the NFL right now. The difference between good teams and very good teams is not that great in terms of talent--coaching can make a difference, unfortunately. Getting momentum in the season and getting some breaks can make a big difference. I see the Bills having potential to be a good team and with breaks they could end up with a very good record, max. prob. 11-5, with a possible AFC East championship. At that point anything is possible in the playoffs since there are no super teams in the league. Look at Arizona last year.

I think the Bills have to start off fast again, like last year, because I don't see them climbing back into things late in the season because they don't have enough inherent confidence to do that. They haven't been there before, this group, so they have to gain confidence early.

Prediction: if they beat NE* on opening night they make the playoffs this year. Big if, I know. Maybe Brady* will get injured in the preseason. Stuff happens.

:ph34r::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

And just to expand on that......In the AFC Championship the Bills destroy the Pats* 31-0, during the game on a punting play Gunner Justin Jenkins is pushed out of bounds and he bowls over Bill Belichick, also Vince Wilfork is taken out of the game on a stretcher and hours later announces his retirement.

Then onto the Super Bowl where the Bills spank the Cowboys 28-3.

Sound good?

You missed the point of his initial statement. he said what if the Oline comes together, Dline puts pressure and the team as a whole plays good.

Evans 'sucked last year. He was solid just like every year.

Buffalo has players that have potential and have shown flashes of being good to great players.

Evans

Lynch

Stroud

Schobel

Edwards

Whitner

McKelvin

Owens

McGhee

On the Oline i would say Butler, Hangartner, and Walker have proved they can play good. The change in positions is a question for sure. Woods and Levitre displayed the mindset and skill in college, that needs to transition to the pros.

Byrd will have to most noticiable and immediate impact this year of any the rookies. Maybin is a 50/50 guy. He could turn into the next great pass rusher for the Bills or he could bust out in 3 years. Huge risk but huge possible reward. I dont see him giving more then a couple of sacks this year.

If the Oline and Dline produce and perform well then this team can win 10 games. Probably second in East and host a wildcard game.

Injuries will tell the true story, because besides Dbs Buffalo has a big drop off in talent in depth players.

Lee Evans was solid? Excuse me -- 3 TD's all year. 200 yards in the last five games and no TDs? For a #1 receiver that sucks. Everybody likes the guy but he completely laid down after he signed his fat contract. Frankly, he is the number 2 receiver on almost every other team in the league. Which is why we got TO -- so Lee can be #2 but we will call Lee #1 so he doesn't cry.

The OLINE has five question marks. Not one or two but five. What if the Oline solidifies and the D line solidifies? That's like doubling down on a 16. Like i said 8-8 at best if they do gell and play their best. If we played the 2009 schedule last year we would have 1 or two wins if we got lucky. What games did you watch last year that makes you think this team can win 10 this year? JHChrist, even Cleveland and SF beat us.

Lynch is already at 0 carries for 0 yards and 0 TDS going into week 4. Stroud plays well only when he wants to. Schobel may stay healthy, it is hard to say. Odds are he gets dinged again and misses four games and takes three more to get back to speed. Edwards sucked after the hit in Ariz. But y'all think he will be Joe Montana? Whitner is ripped all offseason long by everyone on this board. He is okay but just an average safety. McKelvin has the most talent on the Defense, he will be good but isn't yet.

And the coaching staff just outright stinks. Kay Stephenson all over again. A very nice high school coach. Way over his head in the nfl.

Lay big money on the under wins, 7.5 is a reach.

I don't recall our schedule offhand, but I know we've got some tough games. As to whether or not there are any Super teams in the nfl this year - I think there are a few potential ones: N.E., Giants, Philly, Pittsburgh, Indy, and maybe even San Diego. Those teams will be real tough. With all that is on the line this year for this organization, and with hungry players who have a lot to lose, and who played some good games against good teams last year - I think we do have a legitimate shot at making a wild card. I think we're better than Miami and the Jets. I think our Defense will surprise some people this year and end up around ten overall. It all comes down to Trent, IMO, and the O-line. If they get it done, we'll be playing in at least one playoff game.

11-5, first round play off win.

I have to agree with this post as the most likely scenario. I can see the line gelling as the season goes on. As far as TE is concerned he will not go deep in the playoffs due to lack of experience. Teams scheme and play considerably different. If he had a playoff win under his belt I'd say that would be in the championship game.

Lee Evans was solid? Excuse me -- 3 TD's all year. 200 yards in the last five games and no TDs? For a #1 receiver that sucks. Everybody likes the guy but he completely laid down after he signed his fat contract. Frankly, he is the number 2 receiver on almost every other team in the league. Which is why we got TO -- so Lee can be #2 but we will call Lee #1 so he doesn't cry.

The OLINE has five question marks. Not one or two but five. What if the Oline solidifies and the D line solidifies? That's like doubling down on a 16. Like i said 8-8 at best if they do gell and play their best. If we played the 2009 schedule last year we would have 1 or two wins if we got lucky. What games did you watch last year that makes you think this team can win 10 this year? JHChrist, even Cleveland and SF beat us.

Lynch is already at 0 carries for 0 yards and 0 TDS going into week 4. Stroud plays well only when he wants to. Schobel may stay healthy, it is hard to say. Odds are he gets dinged again and misses four games and takes three more to get back to speed. Edwards sucked after the hit in Ariz. But y'all think he will be Joe Montana? Whitner is ripped all offseason long by everyone on this board. He is okay but just an average safety. McKelvin has the most talent on the Defense, he will be good but isn't yet.

And the coaching staff just outright stinks. Kay Stephenson all over again. A very nice high school coach. Way over his head in the nfl.

Lay big money on the under wins, 7.5 is a reach.

Uh, I think the OP was just trying to have a little fun with the, "Hey, what would happen if everything worked our way?" comment. Dude, do you kick dogs for a living?? Lighten up a little. And FYI, re-watch the S.D. game from last year, Edwards first game back from the concussion, he didn't suck that much......