Pisa to decide between Bills and Chicago

Free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa is expected to decide between the Bears and Bills.

Buffalo has a bigger need on the weak side, but Tinoisamoa is more familiar with the coaches in Chicago. He's probably going to take a one-year deal.

Source: Chicago Sun Times and rotoworld NFL frontpage

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa is expected to decide between the Bears and Bills.

Buffalo has a bigger need on the weak side, but Tinoisamoa is more familiar with the coaches in Chicago. He's probably going to take a one-year deal.

Source: Chicago Sun Times and rotoworld NFL frontpage

I like our odds, which team would you think you would have a better chance of starting on? :lol:

Who offered him a one year deal already?? Where is the bigger market??

Bills are out

why are they out of it? just because chicago is a bigger market? if he chooses chicago you can bet that he took less money. i dont think the bills are out of it because they will have the bigger contract offer.

When I read press conferences after a free agent signs, often I hear the athlete say that they came to the team because of how much it appeared they were wanted by management. So if the Bills contract offer is significantly better than Chicago, this linebacker will be in Buffalo. If the Bills want him badly enough, they'll get him.

If he's going to sign a one-year deal, which has been rumored, which would make him a FA at the beginning of free agency next year, it seems like he would be a lot more likely to rack up the tackle stats playing next to Poz and Mitchell versus playing next to Urlacher and Briggs.

It depends what Pisa wants. Does he want to go to a bigger market with coaches who he knows but he is going to have to take less money and its not a certainty that he will be given the starting job. Or does he want more money and a starters spot on a team who plays in a smaller market with a coaching staff who you don't know as well. Also if he starts on Buffalo its more likely that he would get more snaps due Briggs getting the nod in Nickel situations.

The bigger money and a starting spot or better coaches and a bigger market. I would slant it slightly towards the Bears it just depends on how badly Chicago wants him and how much money the Bills are willing to put up. As well as how much confidence Chicago gives in him starting. Its close but if I had to put money on it I would say he goes to the Bears but its not a bet I would be confident in.

I want the Bills to get this guy because he would round out our line backers and be a significant upgrade over Elison. However if we don't get him its not the end of the world because its not like he would be the last piece. Also there are other line backers available so there are other options out there.

So I think there is a good chance he will be a Bill but I am not as confident as I once was.

why are they out of it? just because chicago is a bigger market? if he chooses chicago you can bet that he took less money. i dont think the bills are out of it because they will have the bigger contract offer.

when u have team that is probably a 4th place team and a team probably a 1st place team in the division, the choice is obvious. shockingly, the best thing we have going for us is jauron in this case because so many players love playing for him. that said, this guy is a bear by tonight or tomorrow, guaranteed.

when u have team that is probably a 4th place team and a team probably a 1st place team in the division, the choice is obvious. shockingly, the best thing we have going for us is jauron in this case because so many players love playing for him. that said, this guy is a bear by tonight or tomorrow, guaranteed.

not true at all, and bro seriously the bears will not be winning there division next year or taking second place in it either. the vikings are the class of that division easily and the packers will be second. maybe they can beat the lions for third place. we have a good chance. that article is from a chicago beat writer. you chris brown, or any of our local writers saying he will probably sign with the bears! lets see how it plays out.

not true at all, and bro seriously the bears will not be winning there division next year or taking second place in it either. the vikings are the class of that division easily and the packers will be second. maybe they can beat the lions for third place. we have a good chance. that article is from a chicago beat writer. you chris brown, or any of our local writers saying he will probably sign with the bears! lets see how it plays out.

If it's the Bears they will cut a guy who I think might be a better strong side prospect. He is a salary cap problem and also is recovering from a sports hernia but I would think he will be ready to play when they strap it on for real.

I'm not so sure about that. If that were true, then why did Haynesworth leave the Titans? The Redskins might be the worst in that division. Why would anyone leave the Colts or Steelers?

I don't see how you can say the Vikings are easily the class of the division. Minnesota won their division by one whole game and Chicago just added a franchise QB, while the Vikings upgraded with Sage Rosenfels?

As far as who Tinoisamoa signs with, it's all going to come down to who antes up to his asking price.

If it's the Bears they will cut a guy who I think might be a better strong side prospect. He is a salary cap problem and also is recovering from a sports hernia but I would think he will be ready to play when they strap it on for real.

Is it such a secret that you can't name this player?...HUNTER HILLENMEYER

If he goes to Chi-town he wont be the starter...If he does sign a One Year deal, than HE HAS to be the starter...or he loses big $$$ next season if he plays second string...looks like he signs with the Bills...

I agree with the logic here. He wants to go somewhere where he can rack up the stats and try to cash in next year. Despite what some folks here may think, for most players it is all about the money. If the Bills offer him more than Chicago (and by "more" I mean at least 5-10% more, but not necessarily something ridiculous like 30% more) then he'll come here, IMHO.....