An open etter to all you morons.

Remarkable that you thought that meant you. :w00t:

Anyway, I just thought this was a good time to remind people that politics are only one part of your life, a big part of your being, perhaps, but only depending on how you look at it. This huge divide between the parties and philosophies only divides us in how you look at things. And they are only opinions, they are not facts. Your politics has little or no bearing on what is truly important in your life: If you are a good person, a good brother or sister, a good worker, a good neighbor, a good citizen, a good father or mother, a good manager or employee, a good husband or wife or girlfriend or boyfriend or single guy or girl, a good son or daughter, a good Bills fan, a good American, a good Christian or Jew or Muslim or Agnostic or Atheist, a good guy or girl, a good soul, a good guy or girl to have a drink or coffee or dinner with. That is what makes you a person, and often times politics seaps its way into some or most of these things but are not the major deciding factor and you will find just as many "goods" on either side of the aisle as your own, no matter which side that is.

I am a friggin' bleeding heart liberal and I am damn proud of it. I like people (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads), I like minorities southern white guys and Christians and Muslims and straights and gays (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads), I like helping people that aren't as fortunate as me (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads), I like all Americans (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads) and I like members of both parties, libertarians, non-political people and whatever the hell Alaska Darin is (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads).

This place is awesome. Thanks again, Scott. I have learned more about the dark side, I mean the other side, here than I ever learned in school or in the workplace or streets. The only thing I don't like is people who wish harm on other people here just because they don't agree with what you think, or think the other side are worthless pieces of garbage (here thaht, Rych?)

Oh, well, enough of this garage. Carry on.

I'm glad you said that, Kelly. I've had a hard time dealing with this place over the past year, because so often it becomes a place of intolerance, venom, and blind ignorance. I like politics (to a degree) and I like discussing it with people who are open to other points of view than their own. I am saddened by the direction our political system is taking, but I've also seen a tremendous number of people become more involved in political discussion and action than ever before, and that is, without question, a good thing.

In this particular case, it's the final five-sixths of the word "letter". Apparently, you never excelled in "Hangman".  :w00t:

104802[/snapback]

[sees open opportunity]

Never excelled in Hangman, because I'm well hung.

[/sees open opportunity]

Remarkable that you thought that meant you.  :w00t:

Anyway, I just thought this was a good time to remind people that politics are only one part of your life, a big part of your being, perhaps, but only depending on how you look at it. This huge divide between the parties and philosophies only divides us in how you look at things. And they are only opinions, they are not facts. Your politics has little or no bearing on what is truly important in your life: If you are a good person, a good brother or sister, a good worker, a good neighbor, a good citizen, a good father or mother, a good manager or employee, a good husband or wife or girlfriend or boyfriend or single guy or girl, a good son or daughter, a good Bills fan, a good American, a good Christian or Jew or Muslim or Agnostic or Atheist, a good guy or girl, a good soul, a good guy or girl to have a drink or coffee or dinner with. That is what makes you a person, and often times politics seaps its way into some or most of these things but are not the major deciding factor and you will find just as many "goods" on either side of the aisle as your own, no matter which side that is.

I am a friggin' bleeding heart liberal and I am damn proud of it. I like people (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads), I like minorities southern white guys and Christians and Muslims and straights and gays (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads), I like helping people that aren't as fortunate as me (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads), I like all Americans (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads) and I like members of both parties, libertarians, non-political people and whatever the hell Alaska Darin is (I take that back, I like the good ones and I dislike the dickheads).

This place is awesome. Thanks again, Scott. I have learned more about the dark side, I mean the other side, here than I ever learned in school or in the workplace or streets. The only thing I don't like is people who wish harm on other people here just because they don't agree with what you think, or think the other side are worthless pieces of garbage (here thaht, Rych?)

104664[/snapback]

Flight suit! Halliburton! Nose pick!

...oh, sorry. I thought we were talking about something else... :)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
This board, and politics in general, would be better served if people were willing to explore the possibility that their side could be wrong and the other side could be right.

104821[/snapback]

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, that thw two SIDES have right points AND wrong points?

Naaaaaaah! :w00t:

Remarkable that you thought that meant you.  :w00t:

104664[/snapback]

Eat stevestojan, pinko.