Vick - Should the Bills Pursue

Vick - Should the Bills Pursue  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pursue Vick

• Yes
    • No

There have been all of these postings and articles on the Bills pursuing Vick. Let's get down to brass tacs - Yes or No?

I personally feel absolutely not. People constantly compare him to T.O. with respect to Public Relations. I feel that this is not valid. T.O. both off the field and on the field is stellar and HOF material. He is boisterous and obnoxious and gets on people's nerves, but he plays to win and is generally a star who, due to his high profile status, has everything blown out of proportion (both positive and negative). Love him or hate him you have to respect him.

Vick on the other hand has been historically overrated. He is a great runner yes, but his QB skills are a serious question mark. In addition, he is a felon (who I admit served his time) that has been out of the game for 2 years and would be a political nightmare to bring in. Do you really want PETA protestors at the Ralph? Bottom line - he is controversial for all of the wrong reasons.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been all of these postings and articles on the Bills pursuing Vick. Let's get down to brass tacs - Yes or No?

I personally feel absolutely not. People constantly compare him to T.O. with respect to Public Relations. I feel that this is not valid. T.O. both off the field and on the field is stellar and HOF material. He is boisterous and obnoxious and gets on people's nerves, but he plays to win and is generally star who, due to his high profile status, has everything blown out of proportion (both positive and negative). Love him or hate him you have to respect him.

Vick on the other hand has been historically overrated. He is a great runner yes, but his QB skills are a serious question mark. In addition, he is a felon (who I admit served his time) that has been out of the game for 2 years and would be a political nightmare to bring in. Do you really want PETA protestors at the Ralph? Bottom line - he is controversial for all of the wrong reasons.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Who the :wacko: voted yes?! :P

I personally feel absolutely not. People constantly compare him to T.O. with respect to Public Relations. I feel that this is not valid. T.O. both off the field and on the field is stellar and HOF material. He is boisterous and obnoxious and gets on people's nerves, but he plays to win and is generally star who, due to his high profile status, has everything blown out of proportion (both positive and negative). Love him or hate him you have to respect him.

He has paid his debt to society, Could prolly come in and be a better QB than Trance Checkwards, and national media would make the Bills the biggest story in the NFL. Good or bad, it would be an upgade over irrelevance. Worst case scenario Vick would have to come in and play when Cinco goes down. He would make this offense absolutely scary to play against. Best case scenario is that he would only come in 4 times a game in a wildcat formation and Cinco stays healthy and wins the starting QB spot outright. With all that said they signed a backup QB and they wont be getting rid of Hamden so it prolly wont happen. I wouldnt be against it if they did tho.

Flame away

Some Vick Career Passing Stats to chew on...

W/L record - 38-28-1 - very respectable

Cmp % - 53.8% - would have ranked 31st last year out of 33 QBs.

Rating - 75.7 - 28th last year

TD% - 4.1% - 12th last year

INT% - 3% - 26th last year

YPA - 6.7 - 22nd last year

Sack% - 9.8 - 33rd last year

If it wasn't for his running ability, he wouldn't be a starting NFL QB. He just isn't good enough.

If it wasn't for his running ability, he wouldn't be a starting NFL QB. He just isn't good enough.

Throw in the fact he hasn't been in the league for 2 years, his ability would have clearly deteriorated even more.

For a QB or another position?

I love dogs as much as the next person but the guy has served his time. If we have a position which he still has thje athletic skill for sure, not as a quarterback though.

Before Trent, we had a scrambling passer (debatable...).

The coaching staff decided to put in an offense that involves quick decisions from the pocket.

Vick isn't that guy at all. Unless there is a major overhaul in the coaching staff and/or the direction of the team, I dont see it happening.

It would be interesting to see him in a wildcat role, but not as our #1 QB.

and if lee evans didn't have his speed, he probably wouldn't be a starting NFL WR. but Evans does, and is.

at this point, I don't think Vick still has his speed and would help Buffalo out any if he were signed, though.

He has paid his debt to society, Could prolly come in and be a better QB than Trance Checkwards, and national media would make the Bills the biggest story in the NFL. Good or bad, it would be an upgade over irrelevance. Worst case scenario Vick would have to come in and play when Cinco goes down. He would make this offense absolutely scary to play against. Best case scenario is that he would only come in 4 times a game in a wildcat formation and Cinco stays healthy and wins the starting QB spot outright. With all that said they signed a backup QB and they wont be getting rid of Hamden so it prolly wont happen. I wouldnt be against it if they did tho.

Flame away

your joking right? because if your not you need to leave this site. first of all he has been out of the league for 2 years so whatever upside to his game has deteriorated. second, what is this obsession with the wildcat offense? let miami run it if they want because its an offense that doesn't work (they only use it like 6 plays in the entire game) and it SEEMS we are commited to the no-huddle this year (which Vick is too stupid to run). the guy couldn't manage a game at normal speeds and you want him to take control of a no-huddle offense? check the WL record...when edwards was in, most of the time we won. not to mention the NFL has figured out how to defend against guys like Vick and V Young thats why they suck...make them pass and don't rush them, play contain with your d-line. this site is for bills fans and its pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about. you don't like edwards, fine i am not saying you have to, but to say michael vick who hasn't touched a ball in 2 years should be handed the starting job of any franchise let alone this one is absurd.

Quick answer-the Bills bumper sticker comes off my truck ASAP.

Not only the sticker for me.

I no longer support the Bills if this happens....no more season tickets, no more jersey sales, no more turning the TV on Sunday to watch for me.

I could care less if everyone else just looks past his dog killing empire, but doing a couple years in prison doesn't do it for me. I'm tired of hearing "he paid his debt to society" and "give him a second chance". OK, I will...the Tim Horton's in my neighborhood is hiring. So is McDonalds. Plenty of honest job opportunities out there for second chance folks.

QB for the Buffalo Bills should not be one of them.

Can we please cut the "he's paid his debt to society" BS? All this means is that he's fulfilled his obligation under penalty of law and allows him to be a free man walking the planet.

It doesn't undo his actions and it doesn't automatically make him a good man or teammate.

your joking right? because if your not you need to leave this site. first of all he has been out of the league for 2 years so whatever upside to his game has deteriorated. second, what is this obsession with the wildcat offense? let miami run it if they want because its an offense that doesn't work (they only use it like 6 plays in the entire game) and it SEEMS we are commited to the no-huddle this year (which Vick is too stupid to run). the guy couldn't manage a game at normal speeds and you want him to take control of a no-huddle offense? check the WL record...when edwards was in, most of the time we won. not to mention the NFL has figured out how to defend against guys like Vick and V Young thats why they suck...make them pass and don't rush them, play contain with your d-line. this site is for bills fans and its pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about. you don't like edwards, fine i am not saying you have to, but to say michael vick who hasn't touched a ball in 2 years should be handed the starting job of any franchise let alone this one is absurd.

Who the F*#K are you to tell me to leave this site?!?

You have no factual evidence that his game has deteriorated do you? Were you a CO in Leavenworth and watched him every day in the yard get fat and slow? Did you watch him sit in his cell and do nothing? For all you know he was hitting the weights and running every day, and reading up on football defences.

I dont have an obsession with the wildcat or like it but the league is. Unless I am wrong we ran it a few times last year along with the rest of the copy cat teams in the leauge. And it proved that it did work. Im not looking up stats to prove you wrong, you can just be ignorant about it.

How much factual knowledge do you have that we will be running a no-huddle this year? Because Tim Graham and John Clayton wrote about it? Because the Bills said they were? They said that last year too, along with saying they would be using the FB alot more, and none of it happened. And how do you know Vick is too stupid to run it? Have you ever spoken to him? Whats his IQ? Better yet whats yours?

The Win/Loss record of Trent is 12-11 as a starter. If you call that most of the time I wonder how you manage your life. Do you consider being hired at McDonalds, Burger King and Moes most of the time in terms of job inquiries since you also applied to Taco Bell and Mighty Taco(man if you only got that Mighty job you would have been so cool). Michael is 41-31 in his career.

Last I checked Vick and Young were winning games. One of the only reasons why Young was benched was because of his mental make up. The league has not figured out how to beat them they were benched or are out of the league for other reasons. Their physical abilities can win games alone. No they are not the brightest in the league but you dont need to be smart to play football. Just like Dick Juron is extremely smart, but cant figure out when to throw a challenge flag. He also has more rushing TD's than Trent has passing.

I haved proved multiple times that I do have a clue what I am talking about. I have season tickets and until the day I die will be a Bills fan. I show up at 8am every home game to tailgate in rain, snow or shine and havent missed a game in 3 years, Ive been to the draft in NYC, Ive seen Bills players inducted into the HOF, Ive traveled cross-country to see the Bills play away games even during seasons of absolute hell. Who the hell are you to judge me!?!

The stats dont lie. He is better than Trent in his career as a starting QB. I happen to be a huge fan of Trent and believe that he can lead us to the playoffs if you ask my opinion. A backup or situational QB is never a bad thing. I never said anything about him being handed the starting job at all. All I said was that he should be given a chance. And the media coverage alone would help this team become more relevant and sell tickets than in the past. I also said that I didnt think it would happen because we already have our BACKUP QB!!! I just wouldnt be against it.

Now go F*$k yourself and get back to flipping your burgers and asking if they want fries with that.