A key to the city?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding? Come on Buffalo, just treat him like any other player on this team. I don't live in Buffalo, so I don't know who the last athlete was that got a key to the city. Is it just me, or is this overblown by the Mayor, giving T.O. a key to the city? To me, it's a joke. I think it should have stopped at a press conference.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=66878

The guy is a publicity hound....feed him all he can take. He will be the biggest fish in WNY as long as he stays. Maybe he'll love it and behave.

Are you kidding? Come on Buffalo, just treat him like any other player on this team. I don't live in Buffalo, so I don't know who the last athlete was that got a key to the city. Is it just me, or is this overblown by the Mayor, giving T.O. a key to the city? To me, it's a joke. I think it should have stopped at a press conference.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=66878

I agree with you. Giving TO the key to city is nonsense, and makes Buffalo a bigger joke to the world than it already is. Perhaps giving him the key to his cell would be a better use of the gift. One year in Buffalo, and he gets the key, Unbelievable! :w00t:

I agree with you. Giving TO the key to city is nonsense, and makes Buffalo a bigger joke to the world than it already is. Perhaps giving him the key to his cell would be a better use of the gift. One year in Buffalo, and he gets the key, Unbelievable! :w00t:

Key to his cell?

Link for Owens' arrest record, please? I'm not a fan of the guy, but that's not his M.O.

Key to his cell?

Link for Owens' arrest record, please? I'm not a fan of the guy, but that's not his M.O.

Not a fan really Lori? I am a bit surprised by this well hopefully your not a non fan either.

Not a fan really Lori? I am a bit surprised by this well hopefully your not a non fan either.

Not a fan of most of the prima donna WRs, actually. That said, I'm enough of a hypocrite to cheer when he scores a touchdown for the Bills.

Guest dog14787

I'll bet Lori might be persuaded to fan up once TO scores a dozen or so TD's without creating to much of a spectacle of himself because deep down Lori wants to love TO, but deep down she also knows the whole Bills nation will get their collective hearts broke if things don't pan out.

The record shows TO is the biggest scoring machine in the NFL.

The record also shows TO has been the single most disruptive player to a teams chemistry in the NFL.

Lori has good reason to be skeptical.

I'll bet Lori might be persuaded to fan up once TO scores a dozen or so TD's without creating to much of a spectacle of himself because deep down Lori wants to love TO, but deep down she also knows the whole Bills nation will get their collective hearts broke if things don't pan out.

The record shows TO is the biggest scoring machine in the NFL.

The record also shows TO has been the single most disruptive player to a teams chemistry in the NFL.

Lori has good reason to be skeptical.

The record also shows that TO does't get into trouble with the law...which is what Lori was alluding to

Personally, I hated the idea of signing TO because he's been so disruptive...and a disruptive player causes more problems than he solves. TO said when he got here that the media made up all the issues....obviously not true in the case of TO calling Garcia a homo...but beyond that, I had to wonder how true Terrell's statement was. They DID make a big deal out of him getting #81 when anyone who paid attention knew there was nothing to the non-issue. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude with him but so far, he's been doing pretty well in my book

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Why didn't we give Robert Royal a key to the city, he has done more for the team, city and fans than T.O. has so far. If it does anything it makes the city look desperate and pathetic. At least let him do something first. Did any of the players on the Superbowl teams get keys to the city? Everyone on the roster should have before T.O. got one, from Kelly down to Mark Pike. Almost makes you embarrassed to be a Western New Yorker.

Guest dog14787
This might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Why didn't we give Robert Royal a key to the city, he has done more for the team, city and fans than T.O. has so far. If it does anything it makes the city look desperate and pathetic. At least let him do something first. Did any of the players on the Superbowl teams get keys to the city? Everyone on the roster should have before T.O. got one, from Kelly down to Mark Pike. Almost makes you embarrassed to be a Western New Yorker.

The best WR in the NFL is playing for Buffalo now, did you ever think it might have meant allot to TO after what Dallas just did to him for the city of Buffalo to welcome him with open arms.

I think its pretty classy myself :w00t:

Way off-base, IMO. This type of circus crap happens in every major city. This happens to be the first mega-star the city has had in an era of media frenzy. He is way more than a football player and every public figure wants a piece. It was actually way worse in Dallas. Buffalo is not doing anything different than any other market would do. Miami made Shaq a honorary sheriff and called a press conference to give him his badge. It is all a big joke but don't feel embarassed, this is a cultural problem that is not regionalized.

The guy's a superstar at his position, arguably the 2nd best player the Bill's have ever had, and you're complaining about making him welcome? The city is desperate but I don't know about pathetic if TO delivers on the field. He can wind up being the default HC for all I care. I'm certain he knows more about a passing attack than DJ.

Not a fan of most of the prima donna WRs, actually. That said, I'm enough of a hypocrite to cheer when he scores a touchdown for the Bills.

Even if it's followed by a choreographed celebration? Personally, I've never cared one way or the other, but I've never had to see a Bill do it. Guess we'll see.