Will the patriots go 16-0 again?

Gotta go with the "No" and

"Yes"-es above, that is, unless Bob Kraft's check to the NFL Official's retirement fund bounces.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that Mike Pereira is retiring this year as head of the officials, which I'm hoping is a good thing. If you've ever seen him interviewed, he looks kind of like a combo of Frank DeFord (just pure physical appearance) and Al Davis, with gobs of ungainly jewelry thrown in. While I know well enough that one can't judge a book by its cover, there's something unseemly to me about the head of officiating of the League looking like a snake oil salesman. I'd prefer my head of officiating to look like one of those bean counters the Oscars rolls out every year to show that their results are counted correctly by a major auditing firm, but that may just be me.

As for Kraft, while his company is private and therefore doesn't need to report its earnings publicly, it is, after all, basically a paper company (think Dunder Mifflin) and in this modern world, between newspapers folding and people just reading things more on screen (everywhere from the Kindle to getting their news from the net) his business has got to be feeling a major pinch. Why, my company just started to go to two-sided printing this year, which basically will cut our paper use in half. Throw in the fact that he self-financed the new Patriette Place* with non-permanent financing--good luck rolling that in these credit markets--and I personally suspect that he's worth a whole lot less than he was recently. That check may just bounce yet, one of these days......

And will they still get as much help from the refs and cheating?

People seldomly change their ways and I for one believe that Billy B is an accomplished cheater and he will certainly find a way to cheat again if he hasn't already.

plus muthaclucking 1!!!

i expect pain and misery for the faketriots in week one, and massive hurt for gaydy

I want Gaydy (nice btw) to suffer a rare impalement from the down marker in week 1, not sure of the logistics as to how it could happen but it'd be damn funny.

I can think of no team that could be more motivated to do it than the one that did it very recently, still has most of its roster there, and has enough collective experience at both players and coaches positions to steady the ups and downs that occur with mounting pressure as the season goes on. And still I can't imagine them doing it again, or anyone else unless there is an uncapped year or two and some team throws insane amounts of money to build a pro-bowl type team - and the Redskins of recent years have shown that that doesn't even always work. So, no. I also think that they'll find the AFC East a nasty division to be playing in for the near future. Getting six wins there will be tough.

Well the Giants, Ravens, and Eagles pretty much gave the blue print on how to beat the 2007 Pats so no. The right side of the Pats o-line can get pushed around by good Dt's and DE's as well as the fact that they are still weak in the secondary (they don't have Asante Samuel a big part of the 16-0 run) and still a little old up front