Arizona Cardinals $6.9 million.

Indianapolis Colts $6.9 million.

New England Patriots $5.1 million.

Carolina Panthers $4.9 million.

Pittsburgh Steelers $4.7 million.

New Orleans Saints $4.6 million.

New York Giants $4.2 million.

Baltimore Ravens $958,000.

(league just gave every team an additional $1 million to their cap)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/16/...of-may-15-2009/

just a quick observation but it looks like all the 8 teams with the lowest amount left were all play off teams (except NE but there always good). get what you pay for eh?

just a quick observation but it looks like all the 8 teams with the lowest amount left were all play off teams (except NE but there always good). get what you pay for eh?

They all have QBs earning large salaries (maybe not Baltimore).

The question ISN'T how much cap room we have.

As they have made clear time and time again, the Bills run a cash-to-cap system.

So the question is how much money is left under the cash-to-cap system. So you start with the amount the NFL pays to all NFL teams this year, $128 million, then subtract ALL money spent this year, including all of this year's salaries, all bonuses paid this year, whether they are signing bonuses or roster bonuses, and all incentives in player contracts that might be reached this year.

What remains is how much we can still spend.

If anyone has anything on how that stands, I would love to hear it.

not to repeat myself ...

And once again Ralph will pocket $5 to $8 Mill like he has the last 3 seasons... And we wonder why we finish 7-9

You do realise that just because hey have a certain amount available under the cap, that doesn't mean that they have that much money just sitting around in a bank account for the owner to pocket.

You do realise that just because hey have a certain amount available under the cap, that doesn't mean that they have that much money just sitting around in a bank account for the owner to pocket.

That's true, and besides, who care if he is making money? Is that a bad thing for an owner?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $36.6 million.

Kansas City Chiefs $31.1 million.

Green Bay Packers $28.5 million.

San Francisco 49ers $25.4 million.

Philadelphia Eagles $23.1 million.

Atlanta Falcons $19.9 million.

Chicago Bears $19.9 million.

Minnesota Vikings $17.2 million.

Denver Broncos $16.5 million.

Cleveland Browns $16.3 million.

Cincinnati Bengals $15.5 million.

New York Jets $14.1 million.

Jacksonville Jaguars $13.8 million.

Tennessee Titans $13.0 million.

Buffalo Bills $12.8 million.

St. Louis Rams $12.0 million.

Miami Dolphins $11.8 million.

Houston Texans $10.6 million.

Dallas Cowboys $10.3 million.

Oakland Raiders $9.1 million.

San Diego Chargers $8.1 million.

Seattle Seahawks $7.8 million.

Detroit Lions $7.4 million.

Washington Redskins $7.1 million.

(league just gave every team an additional $1 million to their cap)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/16/...of-may-15-2009/

How do the Eagles have so much money left under the cap?

They signed Peters and Andrews, Samuels last year, have Mcnab, Westbrook (who recently

resigned) and a core of other good young players?

The point is to get a winnig team you need to spend money for talented palyers. To get the right talented players you need to spend money for top coaches.

the last 3 years the Bills had spent 5 to 8 mil under the cap and finished 7-9.

What about the $8 to $10 Million Ralph is raking in just by having those games in Toronto ???

Sorry but my message to the Bills Org... SPEND the MONEY RAPLH!!!

From Bills Daily,

Bills Cap Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $117 Million: - The Bills are now under the cap by approx. $10 - $20 Million. as of 4/6

Bills Actual Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $103 Million: - The Bills are now under the cash to the cap money by approx. $24 - $34 Million. as of 4/6

They signed Peters and Andrews, Samuels last year, have Mcnab, Westbrook (who recently

I mentioned this in a post awhile ago but can't find it; if memory serves me The Eagles and at one point the Vikings were two of the first teams to really manipulate the salary cap. In other words, and i am not exactly sure how on point I am with this, they front load contracts and/or do away with or use up cap space in a particular year to leave more money for following years.

Sure, there was a risk and it is pretty free with the money, but it seems to have worked because they ALWAYS seem to have cap space.

Because the Eagles have a long standing policy of not overpaying for certain positions. They let players walk every single year rather than pay them more than they feel they are worth. Last year Lito Sheppard was unhappy, now he's gone. The year before it was Darwin Walker, then it was TO, etc. etc. etc. This year it's Sheldon Brown. They criminally underpaid Brian Westbrook for several years before they gave him an extensionThey let both tackles and Brian Dawkins walk all of whom were very popular. They sign a couple good FAs every year and have about 20 million in cap space left over every year.

It's a very sore subject around here because the Eagles have been much closer to a Super Bowl than the Bills have been, have a full stadium and are flush with money yet underspend by 20-30 million every year and have no WRs for McNabb to throw to. The one year he had a real WR (TO) they went to the Super Bowl. Other years he's had James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Reggie Brown, Greg Lewis etc as primary targets.

Even this year. Once again, everyone in Philly wants them to get a real WR. Last year they got outbid for Moss, this year they didn't pull the trigger on a deal for Boldin but drafted Maclin. That switch of moves saved them TONS of cap space. Maclin will be far cheaper than Boldin for the next 3-4 years and the move will keep McNabb nominally happy and the fans quiet. They refuse to spend dollars on WRs, they even had TO at a substantial discount, which was the problem eventually. However, they did lay out big money for Andrews and Peters to replace Thomas and Runyan and, in the past, they have spent big money/high picks on OL/DL.

My guess is that the Eagles will make a lowball offer for Burress once they figure out his legal status. All their other WRs (Jackson, Maclin, Curtis) are smurfs.

The Eagles are geniuses. They have figured out how to win just enough to keep everyone rabidly excited but still pocket an extra 20-30 mil per season. They spend less than the Bills annually, make more money on ticket sales, swag, etc. annually, and win more games annually.

I mentioned this in a post awhile ago but can't find it; if memory serves me The Eagles and at one point the Vikings were two of the first teams to really manipulate the salary cap. In other words, and i am not exactly sure how on point I am with this, they front load contracts and/or do away with or use up cap space in a particular year to leave more money for following years.

Sure, there was a risk and it is pretty free with the money, but it seems to have worked because they ALWAYS seem to have cap space.

:w00t:

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering the same. Front loading the salaries up to the cap on a specific year is brilliant.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering the same. Front loading the salaries up to the cap on a specific year is brilliant.

Juice, the actual article I read was from a couple of years ago. I think it was in Sports Illustrated and it was a great, great read. I am lazy and bad at looking up stuff, but hopefully someone can find it.

Oh, and right back at ya :thumbsup:

EDIT: Well, i guess I am not that lazy, here is a similar article compliments of Mr. Frank -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...01/cap.figures/

I'm not usually one to harp on Ralph's tight ass not spending his money. However, I do think it's also weak and cheap that the Bills are one of nine NFL teams to opt out of the coaches pension. I also think it's weak that NFL teams were laying people off due to the "bad economy" when they are all making money. If you want to cut some fat, just cut some fat and man up to it. However, don't do it and blame the economy when you continue to hand out gigantic payrolls to players.

Bottom line, I don't care how rich Ralph gets off of the Bills. However, some principles really suck that some NFL teams are implementing. The coaches pension is weak IMO. The NFL is doing fine, why take away coaches pensions?

Lastly, one of the coaches said, in the original ESPN article, about maybe not going to a team that cut pensions? IMO, this is just a stupid way to treat your employees in a billion dollar business.

I can't find the original, more generic article, that outlined assistant coaches getting their pensions dropped, but here is one from Mort about some of the details. The original article named the Bills as one of the teams to drop out without warning anyone about it. Weak if you ask me. Because a coach that makes a nice living loses his pension doesn't really effect me, but it can give an insight on how an organization works from the inside. Pretty weak.

Mort (Still a schitthead on pensions)

My two cents!