Tinoisamoa and Buffalo Talking Contract

I have no trouble believing that there is mutual interest and the two sides are now discussing terms. And I have no reason to believe that PFT is making it up when they say their info is from "sources familiar with the visit"...but, that really doesn't say much, does it?

Guys, don't mix up PFT and profootballcentral.com........... Two very different outlets, one of them more reputable than the other. THis post is based on a profootballcentral.com report, NOT PFT. Wish it was though.......

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, don't mix up PFT and profootballcentral.com........... Two very different outlets, one of them more reputable than the other. THis post is based on a profootballcentral.com report, NOT PFT. Wish it was though.......

Correct. Dunno what I was thinking. Excellent catch. (I am a little preoccupied with installing a new OS on another computer, and watching the Bruins/Canes, but that still shouldn't have happened. I just screwed up.)

This is the same site that claimed we were interested in John Henderson. I've not seen a thing of substance on that site, they just use their amazing "common sense" powers.

well even if its not true its still pretty nice to read. it gets so boring after the draft ill read just about anything.... ya kno

Getting tired of the waiting games! Get it done already

I halfway wonder if he's asking for some serious dough, he's young and is probably playing the "I led the team in tackles" card.

They could employ an old phone booth and it would be more effective than Ellison.

Per Rotoworld, Pisa wants to be paid big bucks:

Free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa is searching for "starter's money" as he makes the rounds on the market, according to Saints beat writer Jeff Duncan.

Duncan says the Saints would be interested, but Tinoisamoa's asking price is too high. They'll likely enter camp with Dan Morgan pushing Scott Shanle on the weak side. Tinoisamoa would fit better in a Tampa 2-style scheme.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

I'm guessing this is why he's not a Bill (yet).....

Free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa is searching for "starter's money" as he makes the rounds on the market, according to Saints beat writer Jeff Duncan.

Duncan says the Saints would be interested, but Tinoisamoa's asking price is too high. They'll likely enter camp with Dan Morgan pushing Scott Shanle on the weak side. Tinoisamoa would fit better in a Tampa 2-style scheme.

Oh well, if he goes somewhere else, so be it (as long as it is not NE)

Brandon: Well Pisa we'd love to have you with the Bills.

Pisa: Russ, you know the drill. If you want me in Buffalo, you gotta pay me stupid money to sign. Otherwise I'm gonna play for the league minimum for Bill Belicheat and get me a ring. Give T.O. my best.

PTR

Thanx, bb. He is checking out his market value. I think it will be nice to have him if it is in the $2-2.5 MM/year range.

Brandon: Well Pisa we'd love to have you with the Bills.

Pisa: Russ, you know the drill. If you want me in Buffalo, you gotta pay me stupid money to sign. Otherwise I'm gonna play for the league minimum for Bill Belicheat and get me a ring. Give T.O. my best.

PTR

if that is how a player feels then the bills don't need him i don't know about you but i'd rather have a player that wants to play for the bills than just somebody who is out to break the bank. :devil:

if that is how a player feels then the bills don't need him i don't know about you but i'd rather have a player that wants to play for the bills than just somebody who is out to break the bank. :devil:

I agree but what do you do when no one wants to play for you? The city and the team have a lot to overcome when courting free agents. Meanwhile teams like NE have their choice because players think they are getting an guaranteed ring.

PTR

I agree but what do you do when no one wants to play for you? The city and the team have a lot to overcome when courting free agents. Meanwhile teams like NE have their choice because players think they are getting an guaranteed ring.

PTR

A player factors in alot of different things when choosing a new team. However, money is far and away the most important factor. A guy like Pisa might see Buffalo as a better opportunity to be on the field more. Buffalo also has scheme better suits his talents. We do alright in free agency, at least on paper.

A player factors in alot of different things when choosing a new team. However, money is far and away the most important factor. A guy like Pisa might see Buffalo as a better opportunity to be on the field more. Buffalo also has scheme better suits his talents. We do alright in free agency, at least on paper.

Is that a plus or a minus? :devil:

You don't think things like how nice a town is, how much nightlife it has, or whether they can win a ring factors into the decision?

PTR

The only Tampa-2 teams looking for LB's are the Bills and Bears. Unfortunately the Bears have loads of cap space, more than the Bills. And probably a will to use it.

As this blog suggests, Pisa would likely be a two-down player in Chicago, which would limit the amount of $$$ the Bears may want to throw at him.

It makes sense he's taking his time visiting teams and seeing what interest there is. Training camp is a ways off and teams now have a rough idea of how much money they have left after the draft. The Bills still seem to be the best fit for him if he wants to get a lot of snaps...