How great of a player was Jason Taylor?

Seeing that Maybin resembles Taylor the most as far as his build and speed, can Maybin produce a stat line like this for us in the years to come?

I had to edit due to an inaccurate title. I didn't fully investigate his career stats and in 2002 Taylor had a huge year in sacks with 18 1/2. I thought he had more sacks than 13 1/2 in one year. One can only hope that Maybin has a similiar career as Taylor's, the guy was a beast and probably a HOFer.

Here's his career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasontaylor/profile?id=TAY338550

I can't even remember what it's like to have a defensive end with more than 10 sacks.

Well, Schobel has produced numbers like that in the past. In 2003, 2005 and 2006 he had some very good sack totals. Having Maybin compliment him on passing downs should be very interesting for the Bills this year, we might be seeing some turnovers from our pass rushers for once.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2594

Taylor's strength was that he was consistent in getting sacks. In his prime Taylor was a beast who you could pencil in for 10 plus sacks a year and he forced fumbles. Keep in mind what drives up Taylor's value is that he was the pass rush in Miami there was a lot of years that he was their only pass rusher so he got all those sacks despite many double teams and ineffective players around him.

Taylor's strength was that he was consistent in getting sacks. In his prime Taylor was a beast who you could pencil in for 10 plus sacks a year and he forced fumbles. Keep in mind what drives up Taylor's value is that he was the pass rush in Miami there was a lot of years that he was their only pass rusher so he got all those sacks despite many double teams and ineffective players around him.

:thumbsup: Taylor's best attribute is his consistency.