A good offseason could become awesome.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

We have the cap room to get Jones and the other guy with the more difficult to spell/pronounce name. They are the 2 biggest needs we still have. SIGN THEM NOW for flip's sake and lets go win a super bowl. The Bills have the opportunity to turn a solid-very good off season into an amazing-possibly best ever off season if they strike now.

We have the cap room to get Jones and the other guy with the more difficult to spell/pronounce name. They are the 2 biggest needs we still have. SIGN THEM NOW for flip's sake and lets go win a super bowl. The Bills have the opportunity to turn a solid-very good off season into an amazing-possibly best ever off season if they strike now.

If we get them all, we still have DJ coaching....

It has been an awesome off season and we have what could be our best draft in years ... I just don't want another greedy overpaid OT. The next thing we will be hearing is Jones saying he needs the extra millions to feed his family because poor little Jason couldn't feed his on the money that he was getting from the Bills.

This new Bills team is going to be a nasty hard playing group and if we get "the other guy with the more difficult to spell/pronounce name" just think what our defense will be able to do.

GO BILLS ... for the first time in a long time the BILLS MAKE ME WANNA SHOUT in a good way!! Of course Freddie Jackson should have already been signed to a decent contract; he has earned it unlike Jones ... :thumbdown:

No offense but I really don't give a crap whether you or anyone else thinks the guy has earned it or not. I don't feel like any player in the NFL is really "earning" their salary so that is a moot point. What I do know is that tackle is the #2 most important position in football and we should pay for a good one. No reason not to give him an incentive laden contract, and there is also no reason to expect to get adequate play at the position unless we are willing to offer adequate compensation for it.

If we get them all, we still have DJ coaching....

Give DJ a team that has enough talent to win before you criticize him. No team he has ever coached could boast a lot of talent, including his 13-3 Bears in '01. So you guys can play the blame game all you want but I realize that 7-9 was overachieving for those Bills teams considering the level of talent they had on the roster. That being said, I have no complaints with DJ and expect him to take full advantage if he is given the weapons to compete.

No offense but I really don't give a crap whether you or anyone else thinks the guy has earned it or not. I don't feel like any player in the NFL is really "earning" their salary so that is a moot point. What I do know is that tackle is the #2 most important position in football and we should pay for a good one. No reason not to give him an incentive laden contract, and there is also no reason to expect to get adequate play at the position unless we are willing to offer adequate compensation for it.

Give DJ a team that has enough talent to win before you criticize him. No team he has ever coached could boast a lot of talent, including his 13-3 Bears in '01. So you guys can play the blame game all you want but I realize that 7-9 was overachieving for those Bills teams considering the level of talent they had on the roster. That being said, I have no complaints with DJ and expect him to take full advantage if he is given the weapons to compete.

Agreed 100% and I've been beating this drum for a long time.

But if you don't win a lot of games with Losman and Cade McNown, you're the worst coach in pro sports.

We certainlky have better talent the last couple of years than some winning squads...

Can someone explain how the draft turned a sub-par offseason into an "awesome" one?

I wasn't of the opinion that we really had a sub-par offseason in the first place, but I think that at least on paper we did a good job of filling our needs on both sides of the football between FA and the draft combined. The only glaring need that wasn't addressed is Ellison's spot IMO, and Tinoisamoa would be an immediate upgrade. You could also say LT wasn't addressed, but I think it was when we added Hangartner, Wood, and Levitre, just not directly with a tackle. Plus, if they aren't confident in Walker's ability to play the left side, Levi Jones is still out there. I think this offseason is shaping up damn well.

I could not agree with you more.

as I have been saying Jones is in rough shape.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=2551.

The player rep for free agent OT Levi Jones admitted Monday that his client may have to wait for the summer to sign with a team.

Jones is recovering from extensive leg surgery and probably couldn't pass physicals. The Cardinals and Redskins have already denied any interest.

Hey look everybody, it's the biggest load of sh-- excuse coming around for yet another run up the flagpole! It's really not Dick's fault, it's the players! :lol: A 7 out of 8 losing season record begs to differ and screams you suck BADLY as a head coach. Dick Jauron is one of the luckiest men on the planet to still have an NFL head coaching job.

Oops my bad, I forgot about all of the hall of fame players on the Dolphins and Falcons that propelled them to the playoffs last year.

Hey look everybody, it's the biggest load of sh-- excuse coming around for yet another run up the flagpole! It's really not Dick's fault, it's the players! :lol: A 7 out of 8 losing season record begs to differ and screams you suck BADLY as a head coach. Dick Jauron is one of the luckiest men on the planet to still have an NFL head coaching job.

Oops my bad, I forgot about all of the hall of fame players on the Dolphins and Falcons that propelled them to the playoffs last year.

Game. Set. Match.

True. But they both had some pretty good QB's last season.

Apparently you have not heard what Jones wants $$$$$$$$$$

I disagree wholeheartedly on Jones! I say play the 2 rooks at the Guards, Butler and Walker at Tackles, let the chips fall where they may and thank ya ma'm, I think that'll turn out just fine! :lol: