Conspiracy Theorists - food for thought

My father, along with many other football fans, are convinced that the refs call the games one sided in order for certain teams to win. A holding call here, an offensive pass interference penalty there, a "missed" block in the back non-call. The calls appear to be somewhat even, but some teams always have the crucial calls go there way at the right time. Perfect example is the Pittsburgh Steelers, more so in the Super Bowl with Seattle as opposed to Arizona, but arguably both games were officiated for Pittsburgh to win (I personally don't agree, but I digress)...

So here is the thoughts - IF it is true that the refs fix games to help the NFL generate better profits, create better stories, legends, etc., one would have to think of the following:

1. The AFL and the Bills are celebrating their 50th Anniversary

2. Ralph Wilson is 90 years old and doesn't have many years left on this earth.

3. Ralph was a founding father of the AFL, instramental in its existence and merger including the $400K loan and Lamonica gift to the Raiders.

4. The Bills have yet to win a Super Bowl

5. If Wilson dies, the team may move to Toronto.

6. Terrell Owens, who hasn't won a Super Bowl, has come to Buffalo (Although controversial, generates a lot of Jersey sales for the league)

7. The Bills, on paper, are a playoff caliber team and thensome.

Thinking about all of the above, the NFL may "help" the Bills win this Super Bowl as all the stars would align for a legendary story. It would be Ralph's swan song. Thoughts?

My father, along with many other football fans, are convinced that the refs call the games one sided in order for certain teams to win. A holding call here, an offensive pass interference penalty there, a "missed" block in the back non-call. The calls appear to be somewhat even, but some teams always have the crucial calls go there way at the right time. Perfect example is the Pittsburgh Steelers, more so in the Super Bowl with Seattle as opposed to Arizona, but arguably both games were officiated for Pittsburgh to win (I personally don't agree, but I digress)...

So here is the thoughts - IF it is true that the refs fix games to help the NFL generate better profits, create better stories, legends, etc., one would have to think of the following:

3. Ralph was a founding father of the AFL, instramental in its existence and merger including the $400K loan and Lamonica gift to the Raiders.

6. Terrell Owens, who hasn't won a Super Bowl, has come to Buffalo (Although controversial, generates a lot of Jersey sales for the league)

Thinking about all of the above, the NFL may "help" the Bills win this Super Bowl as all the stars would align for a legendary story. It would be Ralph's swan song. Thoughts?

8. Dick Jauron is a really really nice guy.

1960 AFL Rundown - Conspiracy Potential

Patriots - Have 3 recent Super Bowls - Super Bowl Favorite - not likely

Oilers - Moved to Tennessee - good team - not likely

Miami - 2 SB wins, 25th anniversary of undefeated season - likely

Jets - 1 SB win - 1st AFL team to win SB - likely

Bengals - 0 SB win - they suck. - not likely

Chiefs - originally in Dallas - 1st AFL representative in SB - somewhat likely, but team sucks

Denver - 2 Super Bowl Wins, rebuilding year - not likely

San Diego - originally in LA - not likely

Oakland - 2 SB wins - not good right now - not likely

Bills - 4 SB losses - likely

So you can expect 1 of the 3 likely teams to win the super bowl this year...

I like it!

However, Buffalo is too small of a market. The Steelers get a pass being a small market team because of their history. Buffalo's history, although beloved by us, is filled with a bunch of losing teams.

Sorry, but if your "theory" is true, I think the Bills missed the boat.

1. The Steelers have one of the largest fanbases in all pro sports.

2. The Bills don't.

3. Moving the Bills out of Buffalo will almost certainly mean more money for the league.

4. If the NFL had the power to pull games one way or another, I think they would have benefited from letting the Bills win Super Bowl 28, as that would have been one hell of a feel-good story/legend.

1. The Steelers have one of the largest fanbases in all pro sports.

2. The Bills don't.

3. Moving the Bills out of Buffalo will almost certainly mean more money for the league.

4. If the NFL had the power to pull games one way or another, I think they would have benefited from letting the Bills win Super Bowl 28, as that would have been one hell of a feel-good story/legend.

I can't argue #1, as for #2, the Bills fan base is a lot larger than people think. There are millions of people like myself who have moved away from Buffalo who remain diehard fans. Many of my friends from high school who weren't fans when they lived in Buffalo, now after they have moved away have become die hard fans. Its the bond that ties us together. Anywhere you go in the country, you can find a Buffalo Bills bar (I've been to many). You can't say that about almost every other team.

For #3, winning the SB won't prevent a move

4. I disagree. The Cowboys were "America's Team".

Never happen. The NFL's favorite team would never allow it. Right NEW ENGLAND? In my opinion THE PATS and STEERLERS got more help then any other teams in the league.

THe steelers def got crucial calls going there way in BOTH SUPERBOWLS!!! And tom brady and the tuck rule, need I say more about that.

So I think the NFL is behind it, and wants it big market teams to win for ratings pruposes. I mean just watch those teams play and see the calls/no calls they get in there favor!!!!!!!!

I mean how do you miss a 15 yard penalty for excessive celebration or using the ball as a prop in the suberbowl?? I know it did not change the outcome of the game but C'mon make the Damn call on Santanio

The NFL is rigged, but not in favor of the Bills. It is easy to move a team that has not made the playoffs in over 10 years (we are almost there) than it is to move a SB champion team. The Bills will not make the playoffs untill a new owner is in charge.... The NFL does not want to/can not move a good/playoffs team. Therefore they are keeping the league's/new owners options open by continually keeping the Bills down.

These are all further reasons for the NFL to continue their nefarious plot of Conspiring Referees Against the BillS, or CRABS. You just gave them 7....er make that 6 more rounds of ammunition.

What??? Your father, "along with many other football fans" think that refs are fixing games?

Whoa! This is HUGE! Fans doubting the impartiality of refs..... This is catasrophic!