Why we should sign Levi Jones, Jamie Winborn, and Wendell Bryant

WE NEED THEM! pick up Levi Jones for out LT position, Walker should not be bothered with at RT i know he played a little bit of LT during last season but still leave him where he is most comfortable, and also leave butler at RG why are we F**KING with players that are already comfortable and playing well at there position, SO we would have on our O LINE, JONES,WOOD,HANGARTNER,BUTLER,WALKER and CHAMBERS and LEVITRE as our backups which is pretty damn good.

ok now with Winborn he is a proven linbacker at a position we need and PROVEN is something we dont have at our ROLB.. If you do not think Winborn is proven look at his stats from last season! He led the team with 100 tackles 79 of them solo and he is not even the best linbacker on the broncos they have DJ Williams who is a beast. NOW lastly wit Wendell Bryant, he was a number the 12th pick in the draft in 2002, he got caught up with drugs and alcohol but now he is sober man looking to rip someone's head off "If anybody gives me a chance and lets me get that foot in the door, they won’t be sorry. I’m a new man, and it feels great to be able to say that. I will out there and show them what they expected of a 1st round pick no doubt” now that sounds like a man with a plan! IF WE DO THIS I DO NOT SEE WHY WE CANNOT WIN THE SUPERBOWLL GO BILLS!.. PS: they should come cheap... i know one person is going to mention how cheap the BILLS are but hey we have been making big moves this whole off season including the draft, why not make 3 more :P !

O yea man u make a lot of sense i said OLB LT and DT ... so your telling me your ok with ellison starting? cmon buddy get with the program, and jones made a pro bowl a couple years ago, Sean Kugler will fix him up

WE NEED THEM! pick up Levi Jones for out LT position, Walker should not be bothered with at RT i know he played a little bit of LT during last season but still leave him where he is most comfortable, and also leave butler at RG why are we F**KING with players that are already comfortable and playing well at there position, SO we would have on our O LINE, JONES,WOOD,HANGARTNER,BUTLER,WALKER and CHAMBERS and LEVITRE as our backups which is pretty damn good.

ok now with Winborn he is a proven linbacker at a position we need and PROVEN is something we dont have at our ROLB.. If you do not think Winborn is proven look at his stats from last season! He led the team with 100 tackles 79 of them solo and he is not even the best linbacker on the broncos they have DJ Williams who is a beast. NOW lastly wit Wendell Bryant, he was a number the 12th pick in the draft in 2002, he got caught up with drugs and alcohol but now he is sober man looking to rip someone's head off "If anybody gives me a chance and lets me get that foot in the door, they won’t be sorry. I’m a new man, and it feels great to be able to say that. I will out there and show them what they expected of a 1st round pick no doubt” now that sounds like a man with a plan! IF WE DO THIS I DO NOT SEE WHY WE CANNOT WIN THE SUPERBOWLL GO BILLS!.. PS: they should come cheap... i know one person is going to mention how cheap the BILLS are but hey we have been making big moves this whole off season including the draft, why not make 3 more :P !

LMAO at this post...geezus

suk a dik beach

Don't let them get to you. People catch crap around here all of the time. If you have "thin skin" you're definitely on the wrong message board :P

Hey, come on, I agree with everything in the original post.

PTR, you failed to mention that the Bengals didn't exactly cut Jones because he wasn't any good, either. He's been injury prone, and he had an enormous contract, so he's a cap casualty. At the right contract, he could be a valuable asset to this offensive line, which is in need of a good veteran to lead the way with all of the youngsters in there. You can't seriously tell me that every player who gets cut is garbage and isn't worth looking at.

As for Winborn, not sure about him, but it's an interesting idea, I'm not sold at all on Ellison as a starter on this defense. I truly would have liked Keiaho or June, would have been thrilled with Hill, and wouldn't mind bringing in LaBoy to give him a shot (he's a pass rushing linebacker?)

Totally agree on Wendell Bryant...nothing to lose and everything to gain with this man. Hope he makes the team.

Go Bills!

Right ON MAN! Right F---ing on! What a brilliant plan, I can't believe I didn't come up with that one.

I obviously forgot that we were putting a roster together for Madden NFL 2003!!!

ok now with Winborn he is a proven linbacker at a position we need and PROVEN is something we dont have at our ROLB.. If you do not think Winborn is proven look at his stats from last season! He led the team with 100 tackles 79 of them solo and he is not even the best linbacker on the broncos they have DJ Williams who is a beast. NOW lastly wit Wendell Bryant, he was a number the 12th pick in the draft in 2002, he got caught up with drugs and alcohol but now he is sober man looking to rip someone's head off "If anybody gives me a chance and lets me get that foot in the door, they won’t be sorry. I’m a new man, and it feels great to be able to say that. I will out there and show them what they expected of a 1st round pick no doubt” now that sounds like a man with a plan! IF WE DO THIS I DO NOT SEE WHY WE CANNOT WIN THE SUPERBOWLL GO BILLS!.. PS: they should come cheap... i know one person is going to mention how cheap the BILLS are but hey we have been making big moves this whole off season including the draft, why not make 3 more :censored: !

Like your thoughts. It is not as though these guys are going to cost a lot and it wouldn't hurt to take a 1-2 year flier on any of these guys, especially with our lack of depth at these positions.

The only point I sadly can not agree with you is what you said in bold. Let's get excited about the potentiality of being a playoff team before we go from AFC East bottom dwellers to Super Bowl favorites.

Levi Jones maybe- Winborn ? Please!!!! and don't tell me about tackles that's a loser stat, tell me about INTs, FFs, and sacks not much to tell is there, Crowell was better than any of the free agents out there so the Bills better have his replacement on the team- DT I want to see how the Glenn Dorsey thing shakes out- he's not a nose and he's not a three so where are they going to play him, ILB? no they are going to trade him they just don't want to look too eager.

Levi Jones maybe- Winborn ? Please!!!! and don't tell me about tackles that's a loser stat, tell me about INTs, FFs, and sacks not much to tell is there, Crowell was better than any of the free agents out there so the Bills better have his replacement on the team- DT I want to see how the Glenn Dorsey thing shakes out- he's not a nose and he's not a three so where are they going to play him, ILB? no they are going to trade him they just don't want to look too eager.

The chiefs also could play Dorsey at d. end in the 3-4. He's about the same weight (about 300 lbs.) as Ty Warren on the Patriots who plays d. end. Dorsey is quick for his size. That might also be an option they take. They might be planning on having their new draft pick Jackson at one d. end spot and Dorsey on the other.

The chiefs also could play Dorsey at d. end in the 3-4. He's about the same weight (about 300 lbs.) as Ty Warren on the Patriots who plays d. end. Dorsey is quick for his size. That might also be an option they take. They might be planning on having their new draft pick Jackson at one d. end spot and Dorsey on the other.

Maybe but 3-4 ends are usually quite a bit taller- they may try just so they don't have to take the huge cap hit but it's not a position that he's made for at all.

What is the fetish with Levi Jones? I don't even think he's as good as either Walker or Butler, who have both been damn good the last couple years.

Walker and Butler are good players.....at RT and RG respectively.

Jones has been a pure Left Tackle since high school.

So basically you are saying anyone NOT on the Bills is better than anyone we have? Do you even know why the Benglas cut Jones? It wasn't because he was so awesome.

PTR

I think CFLstyle has the correct logic on this one. I think it is a mistake to simply think the Bills and the Bengals are both NFL teams and both make the same relatively simple to state static assessment of whether a player is awesome or not or even whether they have a better player available or not.

If only it was that simple and short enough for someone to make a simple assessment on the internet.

Actually the Bills and Bengals do play in the same NFL, but it is an NFL which has developed beyond the simple model of the golden rule (he who has the most gold rules) of the pre mid 80s lockout by the owners where they kicked the butt of the Ed Garvey led NFLPA which was demanding an unheard of 52% of the gross receipts.

The owners completely crushed the NFLPA by locking out the players just prior to the season (the weakest financial point for union members who were paid on a per game basis) and brought in "replacement players" and managed to sell that product to the customers. It was true it was not NFL quality play, but the uniforms were the same so it looked right and as all the replacements were at the same level, the games were competitive and it became clear that the NFL would get less money than the norm for this inferior product, but it was clear the owners would last longer than the individual players and the NFLPA fell apart. The owners proved flat out that they had bigger cajones than the players and they totally won this battle of the titans.

However, they also totally lost the war for macho supremacy,

The NFLPA was beaten so badly that it made for a perfect storm combination of:

1. A set of workers so badly beaten in their attempt at traditional union organizing that these overly proud athletes were willing to trust a college educated leadership (a by-product of the seemingly nifty deal the NFL owners had engineered where colleges (including in many cases the expenditure of tax dollars for pro football mills like U Nebraska or U Texas) to subsidize the cost of player development and training that other major sports leagues like MLB or even the NHL absorb as a cost of the pro team doing business. The NFL laid several necessary seeds for the NFLPA by sending the players off to college where a talented tenth actually learned their lessons in addition to playing football and then the NFL destroyed the NFLPA so utterly in the mid-80s lockout that the smarter players could be sold the model now embodied in the CBA and the rest of the players open to trying anything including threatening to decertify the NFLPA as they attempted to beat the owners.

2. A smart bunch of NY lawyers who figured out the nuts and bolts of how to run a league where the workers were partners rather than well paid slaves. This model became the new CBA.

3. A few smart folks who ran the NFL using the Rozelle model which envisioned an NFL which deliver more wealth than imagined to the team owners, but the cost would be the owners would not even be able to pretend to be the free-market entrepreneurs such as Ralph Wilson 40 years ago but instead would be. These visionaries decades ago began a set-up which pursued downright un-American ideas like rewarding mediocrity (the worst team gets the first draft pick, like restraining free trade (the draft not only locks players into signing with one team instead of competing in a totally free market) and even restricts adults from signing with whomever they choose when in sports like baseball and hockey minors are able to sign contracts.

When the new CBA came up for negotiation Gene Upshaw was able to declare that the players were going to get a share of the total gross receipts which started with a 6 (the final deal rewarded the NFLPA with 60.5% of the total making them arguably not merely a partner but in fact the majority partner of this entity. This compares so favorably with Garvey getting his head handed to him when he was pushing for a mere 52% of the gross.

Within this new context two teams like the Bills and Bengals are not only operating with different set-ups within a framework dictated by non team owners but operating under a salary cap which means that every team is in a very different place in building their team.

Individual contract decisions by a particular team in a particular year are dictated by cap status, where they are in terms of timing about when they expect to win, and a lot of other variables which MIGHT make Jones a reasonable choice for us at a reasonable price he would agree to with us. On the other hand, his existing contract may be quite unreasonable for the Bengals (particularly if it had large backloaded not guaranteed but agreed to salary. This is essentially contractually why it made sense for us to cut Ruben but the Bears got a few very good years out him at a great price for them as the Bills had already shipped them tons of money.

I think CFLstyle has the correct logic on this one. I think it is a mistake to simply think the Bills and the Bengals are both NFL teams and both make the same relatively simple to state static assessment of whether a player is awesome or not or even whether they have a better player available or not.

If only it was that simple and short enough for someone to make a simple assessment on the internet.

Actually the Bills and Bengals do play in the same NFL, but it is an NFL which has developed beyond the simple model of the golden rule (he who has the most gold rules) of the pre mid 80s lockout by the owners where they kicked the butt of the Ed Garvey led NFLPA which was demanding an unheard of 52% of the gross receipts.

The owners completely crushed the NFLPA by locking out the players just prior to the season (the weakest financial point for union members who were paid on a per game basis) and brought in "replacement players" and managed to sell that product to the customers. It was true it was not NFL quality play, but the uniforms were the same so it looked right and as all the replacements were at the same level, the games were competitive and it became clear that the NFL would get less money than the norm for this inferior product, but it was clear the owners would last longer than the individual players and the NFLPA fell apart. The owners proved flat out that they had bigger cajones than the players and they totally won this battle of the titans.

However, they also totally lost the war for macho supremacy,

The NFLPA was beaten so badly that it made for a perfect storm combination of:

1. A set of workers so badly beaten in their attempt at traditional union organizing that these overly proud athletes were willing to trust a college educated leadership (a by-product of the seemingly nifty deal the NFL owners had engineered where colleges (including in many cases the expenditure of tax dollars for pro football mills like U Nebraska or U Texas) to subsidize the cost of player development and training that other major sports leagues like MLB or even the NHL absorb as a cost of the pro team doing business. The NFL laid several necessary seeds for the NFLPA by sending the players off to college where a talented tenth actually learned their lessons in addition to playing football and then the NFL destroyed the NFLPA so utterly in the mid-80s lockout that the smarter players could be sold the model now embodied in the CBA and the rest of the players open to trying anything including threatening to decertify the NFLPA as they attempted to beat the owners.

2. A smart bunch of NY lawyers who figured out the nuts and bolts of how to run a league where the workers were partners rather than well paid slaves. This model became the new CBA.

3. A few smart folks who ran the NFL using the Rozelle model which envisioned an NFL which deliver more wealth than imagined to the team owners, but the cost would be the owners would not even be able to pretend to be the free-market entrepreneurs such as Ralph Wilson 40 years ago but instead would be. These visionaries decades ago began a set-up which pursued downright un-American ideas like rewarding mediocrity (the worst team gets the first draft pick, like restraining free trade (the draft not only locks players into signing with one team instead of competing in a totally free market) and even restricts adults from signing with whomever they choose when in sports like baseball and hockey minors are able to sign contracts.

When the new CBA came up for negotiation Gene Upshaw was able to declare that the players were going to get a share of the total gross receipts which started with a 6 (the final deal rewarded the NFLPA with 60.5% of the total making them arguably not merely a partner but in fact the majority partner of this entity. This compares so favorably with Garvey getting his head handed to him when he was pushing for a mere 52% of the gross.

Within this new context two teams like the Bills and Bengals are not only operating with different set-ups within a framework dictated by non team owners but operating under a salary cap which means that every team is in a very different place in building their team.

Individual contract decisions by a particular team in a particular year are dictated by cap status, where they are in terms of timing about when they expect to win, and a lot of other variables which MIGHT make Jones a reasonable choice for us at a reasonable price he would agree to with us. On the other hand, his existing contract may be quite unreasonable for the Bengals (particularly if it had large backloaded not guaranteed but agreed to salary. This is essentially contractually why it made sense for us to cut Ruben but the Bears got a few very good years out him at a great price for them as the Bills had already shipped them tons of money.

Now that's a fine novel. I didn't learn that much history when I read War and Peace <_< Seriously, that was time well spent. It helps you understand why a player may be a good fit for 1 team but not for another that has the same needs. Thanks.