OK...so here is a interesting thought...can most of us

rn blocking? Or is it?

I truly believe that we are going to see more space to run between the tackles this year......is this going to translate out into big plays from Marshawn instead of him gaining 5 yards by carrying half of the defensive team with him......or are people concerned that his possible lack of vision will be exposed and guys like Jackson end up doing better with the improvements?

Just wanted to know what folks thought about that.

rn blocking? Or is it?

I truly believe that we are going to see more space to run between the tackles this year......is this going to translate out into big plays from Marshawn instead of him gaining 5 yards by carrying half of the defensive team with him......or are people concerned that his possible lack of vision will be exposed and guys like Jackson end up doing better with the improvements?

I do like our draft picks a lot, but remember these are rookies and their will be some learning curve.

rn blocking? Or is it?

I am concerned about his lack of vision as you put it. And he's still got to learn that he doesn't possess the speed to bounce to the outside like he tries far too often. If he ever learns to just hit the first hole as designed, get to the second level, and use his burst, we're gonna see more longer runs. But he lacks the speed to go the distance at any given time. He's got to be the guy to get the rock 20-25 times a game with Freddy being the change of pace/3rd down guy. Lynch has something you can't teach or coach: HEART. Bigtime heart. And that's infectious.

GO BILLS!!!

rn blocking? Or is it?

I think this season we will see more runs of 20 yards or more but not a ton. I believe we have made a big upgrade pn our line by going out and getting tough, hardworking individuals something we have lacked for quite some time. I noticed last season that when Walker was playing LT that you could feel a presence a strong line cuz everyone out there was working. Peters said it himself that he was not focusing on the game's last year and i could tell. I went to every game at the ralph last year and i sometimes would notice him just giving up and standing there while marshawn was busting his ass for more yardage just 2 or 3 yards away. Now when it comes to the interior of our line we have made a huge upgrade. we went out and got these youngs that are gonna work their ass's off and will get a lot better with playing time. I agree with you that we will see a lot more holes opening up for the next few years for the BEAST.

I do like our draft picks a lot, but remember these are rookies and their will be some learning curve.

He may not have speed but have you ever seen the jukes he put's on guys? they are insane and probly the best in the league.

at like a little before a minute 40 secs a has an awesome one

What I perceive, at this juncture, is that 8 in the box is going the way of the Dodo bird against Buffalo! Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson should see more turf and less opposing players this year and that will allow for them to have time and space to create in the hole. IF Shawn Nelson comes of age early and contributes right out of the chute, this offense could be down right scary!! Multiple weapons dictate what a defense can and can NOT do, in large part, and the Bills haven't dictated to defenses since Drew Bledsoes' first season in Buffalo! I really have a good feeling about the offense, with the only limiting factor being the coaching staff NOT utilizing the whole "bag of tricks". IF Turk cuts it loose, watch out NFL!!

What I perceive, at this juncture, is that 8 in the box is going the way of the Dodo bird against Buffalo! Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson should see more turf and less opposing players this year and that will allow for them to have time and space to create in the hole. IF Shawn Nelson comes of age early and contributes right out of the chute, this offense could be down right scary!! Multiple weapons dictate what a defense can and can NOT do, in large part, and the Bills haven't dictated to defenses since Drew Bledsoes' first season in Buffalo! I really have a good feeling about the offense, with the only limiting factor being the coaching staff NOT utilizing the whole "bag of tricks". IF Turk cuts it loose, watch out NFL!!

I hate to say this word because I believe it is TABOO to say anywhere near anything remotely associated with the Buffalo Bills......but are you suggesting that Turk actually might use something as "Tricky" as ............... dare I say it ................... PLAY-ACTION?????

Oh God the Humanity. I would probably fall off my chair, out of my seat or off the bar stool if Turk and Co. tried to pull off something as diabolical as Play-Action.

If the OL improves with our new players, I think Lynch will definitely benefit. But put me in the "Jackson will benefit more" camp. I really do think Lynch's vision is problematic or he simply didn't trust our OL last year.

He does that weird "crab walk" type thing where he shuffles his way down the line. It's like he looks at the 1 Gap, thinks about it and moves on, looks at the 3 Gap, thinks about it and moves on, etc. before finally burying his shoulder and willing his way for 2-3 yards. He's got the tools, he just seems to rarely break it to the second level for big damage.

I yearn for the days of Thurman and the Counter-Trey :w00t:

Funny -- K.C. Joyner just wrote about this very topic. From Tim's blog:

Bills run blocking by the numbers

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

The Buffalo Bills' offensive line stunk in 2008.

We pretty much knew that already.

But KC Joyner presents that notion in measurable terms. The Football Scientist used Buffalo's offensive line as an example to explore the possibility a great running back can overcome inferior blocking.

In "The Fifth Down" blog for the New York Times, Joyner writes Buffalo's run blockers "were abysmal" last year and notes only two linemen had a point-of-attack blocking percentage greater than 80 percent, which he explains is the low-end acceptable success rate.

Left guard Derrick Dockery, since released, barely hit the mark at 81.4 percent.

Joyner's title? "Bills Prove Rule: It’s the Blocking, Not the Back."

Funny -- K.C. Joyner just wrote about this very topic. From Tim's blog:

Joyner's title? "Bills Prove Rule: It’s the Blocking, Not the Back."

I'm not keen on a guy who gives himself his own nickname, but Joyner makes some compelling points.

And apparently, he watches A LOT of film to come up with his numbers. If the team was that poor at the point of attack, it stands to reason Joyner and the Bills staff were on the same page.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing these past two seasons has been an inability to convert short yardage. That's must improve for this team to have any shot at the post-season.

I'm not keen on a guy who gives himself his own nickname, but Joyner makes some compelling points.

And apparently, he watches A LOT of film to come up with his numbers. If the team was that poor at the point of attack, it stands to reason Joyner and the Bills staff were on the same page.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing these past two seasons has been an inability to convert short yardage. That's must improve for this team to have any shot at the post-season.

Dumping Dock, letting both Preston and Fowler leave, targeting Hangartner, and drafting two first-day interior linemen gives us a reasonably clear suggestion of what the Bills front office was thinking, doesn't it?

Here's my take on Lynch. He has the ability to make people miss and break tackles, the problem is that once he jump cuts it allows the pursuit to catch up. Thus, if our line is able to get him to the second level WITHOUT having to do any of those things we will see some more long runs from him. Thus far, however, I think he's had to make most of his moves and break most of the tackles within 3 yards of the LOS. If we can get him into the secondary without having to break stride to juke he'll house more than a few runs.

People get too hung up on the long runs I think. TT was not a homerun threat every time he touched the ball. He had one 80 yard run in his whole career and he needed a downfield block from Lofton to score. I'll gladly trade the odd 80 yard run for a 5.0 average carry. It leads to more consistent offense in general since with an average like that it's way more liley that we'll end up in 3rd and shorts as opposed to 3rd and 7 plus.

Would I like both long TD runs and a consistent 4.5-5 yard avg? You bet, but that's pretty rare.

"In Wood's final two seasons at Louisville, he was credited with more than 180 knockdowns, which wasn't easy from the center position where he was attempting to get his 310-pound frame under defensive tackles weighing at least as much, if not more. Wood played with a simple philosophy. The moment the tackle tried to get separation on a running play, he would "dump him in the dirt." And if the tackle left his feet to try and get his hands in front of a pass, he was "going to hit the ground."

This was from Vic C, I think but I love the statements here. And I agree with Sen John Butler, The Beast is in fact a great shaker but he does so much of it within 1 to 3 or 4 yards of the LOS. With this new line and hopefully with the Hurry Up Offense (the Stun Gun) I believe Lynch will still make over 1000 yards with 4 games off this year.

I am personally waiting to see what Marshawn looks like when he hits a hole hard and doesnt have to break stride because a defender is either in the hole or about to fill the hole........

I would like to see less of the "carry half of the defense" runs because it will shorten his career......and it would keep him healthy throughout the year instead of having to wear tht huge flaq vest he wears because of the beating he takes.

There is a reason that Marshawn was the leading rusher in the Pro Bowl last year (on only 6 carries, no less) - he was playing behind a pro bowl OL that was evenly matched against a pro bowl DL. When in Buffalo, he was behind a poor OL that was consistently dominated by the DL's they played each week (not to mention seeing many 8-man fronts). Marshawn doesn't need his OL to be dominant - he just needs them to be average to give him a fighting chance. This is part of what encourages me about this year - the interior of the line will be raw but talented, and should be at least average this year (with potential to be dominant in the coming years). And while our tackles are not elite, they are experienced NFL professionals who should also be at least adequate. Add in T.O. and the reduction in 8-man fronts, and the Bills running game should be vastly improved.

I am personally waiting to see what Marshawn looks like when he hits a hole hard and doesnt have to break stride because a defender is either in the hole or about to fill the hole........

I would like to see less of the "carry half of the defense" runs because it will shorten his career......and it would keep him healthy throughout the year instead of having to wear tht huge flaq vest he wears because of the beating he takes.

I am still waiting for Lynch to hit the hole that is being blocked.

The guy has consistently shown that he is unable or too lazy to learn the playbook.

rn blocking? Or is it?

Do you really believe two rookies are going to come into the NFL and better what Dockery and Butler did last year? :P