What is everyones opinion of home schooling?

hire a lawyer... seriously. The school system will start to work with you when they know you mean business.

You see people. Although the lawyers share the blame, they are often not the genesis of the dumb lawsuit. "My kid got a D so I'm going to sue the school."

We have considered it.....but.....financial situation isnt so hot.

Why not put her on the easy track in high school? The non-regents classes and what not. Homeschooling has a high chance of keeping her in a small social bubble. No school dances, no sporting events, no guys to flirt with etc. Just my opinion. I was also a high school counselor for one school year. the counselor probably recommended that because she is tired of seeing her. I would look at getting a counselor outside of school, or a big-sister type situation b4 homeschooling. Some girls are high drama, but then again your daughter is young and can change a lot over the course of the yr.

You see people. Although the lawyers share the blame, they are often not the genesis of the dumb lawsuit. "My kid got a D so I'm going to sue the school."

Seriously that may not be a bad idea. There are obligations both under the No Child Left Behind Act and under the IDEA that may require evaluation and testing and educational accommodations that meet your child's needs. I would go to a lawyer who specializes in these types of things.

http://www.wrightslaw.com/

I say this as a lawyer who spends a lot of time on the School side in these cases, but where its appropriate you should protect your child's rights.

I say this as a lawyer who spends a lot of time on the School side in these cases, but where its appropriate you should protect your child's rights.

Lets not forget their responsibilities as well.

I have 4 nieces and nephews who were home schooled on and off ... I think it's great. I think it can really help develop critical thinking skills. You lose some socialization, but there are home schooling groups you can get into as well.