Favre

I don't see why any football fan would be against him continuing to play. Whatever makes the NFL season more interesting, I'm all for it. If I were faced with the prospect of hanging it up for good and NEVER experiencing an NFL game again, I think I'd hold on just as long as Brett has. People can B word and whine as much as they want about his indecisiveness, but when all is said and done it's about one person and one person only - Brett Favre. If I were in his position and felt I could still play at a productive level, I'd play. No questions asked.

Does anyone really give a darn at this point, he must still feel the need to be in the headlines, even thjo his skills have diminished

I think he just wants to try to stick it to Ted Thompson. If he wants to go a major personal crusade, who are we to judge?

Does anyone really give a darn at this point, he must still feel the need to be in the headlines, even thjo his skills have diminished

They've diminished by his standards, but still pretty good for the most part:

65.7 % completion rate

3472 yds

22 TD

81.0 rating

That's significantly more production than we're getting from our QB spot!

I think he just wants to try to stick it to Ted Thompson. If he wants to go a major personal crusade, who are we to judge?

Exactly....think of how big those Minn/GB games will be this year if he does sign with the Vikes! I know that I'll be tuning in for that one! Brett Favre playing in GB on the frozen tundra AGAINST the Packers??? That's HUGE man!

Exactly....think of how big those Minn/GB games will be this year if he does sign with the Vikes! I know that I'll be tuning in for that one! Brett Favre playing in GB on the frozen tundra AGAINST the Packers??? That's HUGE man!

I would be. And I'd hope he'd win, but I don't think he would. Either way, it's his life. He can go about it as he wants. Being interested in something like this is about as "dramafied" as I'll get.

I would be. And I'd hope he'd win, but I don't think he would. Either way, it's his life. He can go about it as he wants. Being interested in something like this is about as "dramafied" as I'll get.

I don't know, Minny is basically a QB away from being a SB contender. I think they are a better team than GB is almost every area. Minny's front seven is better, their Oline is better, their running game is better....they have all the pieces except one, and I don't know that Sage Rosenfels puts fear in anyone. Favre was leading a young, overachieving GB team to the NFC championship game a year and a half ago.

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! ESPN, THANK YOU FOR BREAKING THIS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE NEWS!!! MY LIFE WILL NEVER, EVVVVVVVVVVVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE CHAOS UNTIL THIS FAVRE SAGA IS DECIDED!!!!!

:rolleyes::lol::D:)

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! ESPN, THANK YOU FOR BREAKING THIS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE NEWS!!! MY LIFE WILL NEVER, EVVVVVVVVVVVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE CHAOS UNTIL THIS FAVRE SAGA IS DECIDED!!!!!

:rolleyes::lol::D:)

Brett Favre is obviously in your head.

Why not? Johnny U. finished with the Chargers. Namouth finished with the Rams. Montana was carted off the field at Rich Stadium to finish his career in the 1993 AFC Chamionship game, as a Chief. Favre might be the stupidest of all of them, but he's certainly not the first elite QB whose ego would not allow him to quit gracefully. I think we all knew Bledsoe was washed up watching him struggle so badly at home against the Steelers' back up defense in the most important game of his 3 year career as a Bill in '04. Yet there he was, starting for the desperate Dallas Cowboys the entire '05 season while they waited for Romo to be ready. Not that Bledsoe deserves to be mentioned in the above class of QB's, but like I said, Favre is certainly not alone!

favre already told dilfer that he has no interest in playing again.

He told Trent Dilfer that?? In the famous words of former Colts GM Bill Tobin, "who the hell is Trent Dilfer?" Brett Favre has told everyone in the world he has had no interest in playing again every off-season for the past 4 years, right up until around the end of May of each of those off-seasons. Then, his massive out-of-control ego kicks in and he starts panting for the sweat of another training camp and the "glory" of playing in front of sold out stadiums just "one more season."

I'll believe Trent freakin' Dilfer and his inside "sources" and personal conversations as soon as he gets elected to the Hall of Fame as a star NFL QB!

They've diminished by his standards, but still pretty good for the most part:

65.7 % completion rate

3472 yds

22 TD

81.0 rating

That's significantly more production than we're getting from our QB spot!

You forget to mention 22 int's as well as a terrible last half of the season. But with all that if I were a Vikes fan I would want him. The Vikes have a situation that he could work in. The Vikes could try and put Bret in a situation like he had in 2007 where he was asked to do less and it worked.

You think our qb situation is bad. The Vikes have a 40 year old qb coming off of injury who is a much better option than what they currently have.

I don't see why any football fan would be against him continuing to play. Whatever makes the NFL season more interesting, I'm all for it. If I were faced with the prospect of hanging it up for good and NEVER experiencing an NFL game again, I think I'd hold on just as long as Brett has. People can B word and whine as much as they want about his indecisiveness, but when all is said and done it's about one person and one person only - Brett Favre. If I were in his position and felt I could still play at a productive level, I'd play. No questions asked.

I agree 100%.