Trent Edwards

Where does leadership get you when you can't read a defense? Where does it get you when you can't hit a receiver? Tebow plays in probably the furthest thing from an actual NFL offense, and does not have the experience throwing the ball that most QBs do. Not to mention he has average accuracy, won't be able to rely on his ability to run in the NFL, and questionable intelligence. The deck is clearly stacked against him.

Where are you getting that he can't read a defense or hit a receiver? I think this comes from your uninformed information. And please, spare the "I read the scouts opinion" on him. Show me!

"The Deck is clearly stacked against him"

<_<

you're too much

:lol:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting that he can't read a defense or hit a receiver? I think this comes from your uninformed information. And please, spare the "I read the scouts opinion" on him. Show me!

<_<

you're too much

He can't hit a receiver because he throws a lot of lame duck passes, and he can't read a defense because he will be switching from a gimmick offense to a pro-style in the NFL. How do you think he will adapt? He clearly isn't the most intelligent QB, and it's a big step from running half of the time to passing 95% of the time.

Absolutely horrendous footwork ... Plays in a run-option offense and it will take him 2-3 years to learn an NFL offense ... Horrible touch on the football, which is difficult to catch ... Nice accuracy on the deep ball, but it's very inconsistent in the intermediate routes ... Extremely long release ... Shown no improvement in his mechanics over his career ... Locks on to primary receivers all the time ... Speed at wide receiver made a lot of his throws look better than they actually were.

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009ttebow.php

<_<

you're too much

Sure scouts are wrong all the time but right now Kiper says third round and he won't play regular QB. Todd McShay says, "NFL scouts are scared to death" of his throwing motion. He's changing his mechanics now, which only means that they weren't good enough before. NFL Scouts told him he wouldn't be higher than third round if he came out this year, and this was a crappy QB draft.

He can't hit a receiver because he throws a lot of lame duck passes, and he can't read a defense because he will be switching from a gimmick offense to a pro-style in the NFL. How do you think he will adapt? He clearly isn't the most intelligent QB, and it's a big step from running half of the time to passing 95% of the time.

I wouldn't pick him as a QB. If I had a late round 3rd, a comp pick perhaps, or in the 4th, I'd seriously consider him if I didn't have a dire positional need at that point.

He seems a terrific competitor - and if I drafted him, it's up to me to decide where I play him.

Sure scouts are wrong all the time but right now Kiper says third round and he won't play regular QB. Todd McShay says, "NFL scouts are scared to death" of his throwing motion. He's changing his mechanics now, which only means that they weren't good enough before. NFL Scouts told him he wouldn't be higher than third round if he came out this year, and this was a crappy QB draft.

We'll see. I see him being a mid to early first day pick. Btw, Mcshay believed he would of been a second rounder this year. I don't doubt that he would of been a third rounder this year, but next year will be a different story. The kid has got what it takes to be a good football player.

I don't believe he will start off as the starting qb from the team that drafts him, but give him a few years and I think you will see him develop into a starting qb. The team who drafts him will probably have the "wild cat" in mind, just like Pat White with the Dolphins.

It is HARD to take your posts seriously because of your OBVIOUS bias FOR Trent.

Actually, I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills and not some below average former 1st pick.

I rooted for Losman just as hard but it was pretty obvious he's not a good QB. Unfortunately, I guess it's much harder for you to turn your mancrush off and root for the current Bills QB (who has shown very positives signs).

And the fact that a person like you who is as good as judging as you are likes Tebow makes me question if he will ever succeed now. And I really liked Tebow too.

Guest dog14787
We need Trent to not lose games for us, just manage them. If Trent Dilfer can get a ring anything is possible.

We need Trent Edwards to win games for us just like Big Ben does for the Steelers and Tom Brady does for the Patriots.

Maybe one day we will have a defense like the Ravens, but until then we need our QB to step up and carry this team,

and Billieve me, TE is the man for the job.

Kemp didn't have great stats but he had very good abilities. I also said that players in the 60s were able to get away with stuff like that because the defenses weren't as complicated and fast. Kemp had a strong arm and was pretty versatile and could run. He was a little short at 6' 1" but 200 pounds and strong which was decent size for a QB then.

I don't know when you started watching football, but in the 60's a DB could POUND on a receiver from the time the ball was snapped until the whistle blew. QB's were hit HARD & OFTEN, there was no in the grasp rule & ANY part of their body was fair game. If defenses weren't as complicated & fast as today neither were the offenses. Speed negates speed.

Actually, I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills and not some below average former 1st pick.

I rooted for Losman just as hard but it was pretty obvious he's not a good QB. Unfortunately, I guess it's much harder for you to turn your mancrush off and root for the current Bills QB (who has shown very positives signs).

And the fact that a person like you who is as good as judging as you are likes Tebow makes me question if he will ever succeed now. And I really liked Tebow too.

It would be nice if you could turn off your mancrush of Trent & view him OBJECTIVELY as I & others do. I root for the Bills & Trent as much as I rooted when JP was the QB. I don't know WHY you felt the NEED to discuss JP, he is NO LONGER A BILL. I have been discussing Trent & Tim NOT JP.

I don't know when you started watching football, but in the 60's a DB could POUND on a receiver from the time the ball was snapped until the whistle blew. QB's were hit HARD & OFTEN, there was no in the grasp rule & ANY part of their body was fair game. If defenses weren't as complicated & fast as today neither were the offenses. Speed negates speed.

I was a kid and watched football in the 60s and watched Kemp. I saw games at the rockpile. You were saying that Kemp didn't have great stats but was a great leader of his team, and therefore, apparently Tebow, who was a great leader of his team, could do it in the pros like Kemp did. My response was that even though Kemp had poor stats, he very much had all the necessary pro abilities, too.

Tebow is lacking some, and many people, including a lot of scouts and fans, are questioning his ability in as a pro. Kemp had a strong arm and was very agile and could do all the things you needed to do to excel at that point in time in the league. And he proved it. His play wasn't limited by his lack of physical abilities. Tebow doesn't appear to have all the physical and mechanical skills necessary to succeed in the league, he just has all the leadership skills and some of the physical stuff. It remains to be seen if he can do it all.

I was a kid and watched football in the 60s and watched Kemp. I saw games at the rockpile. You were saying that Kemp didn't have great stats but was a great leader of his team, and therefore, apparently Tebow, who was a great leader of his team, could do it in the pros like Kemp did. My response was that even though Kemp had poor stats, he very much had all the necessary pro abilities, too.

Tebow is lacking some, and many people, including a lot of scouts and fans, are questioning his ability in as a pro. Kemp had a strong arm and was very agile and could do all the things you needed to do to excel at that point in time in the league. And he proved it. His play wasn't limited by his lack of physical abilities. Tebow doesn't appear to have all the physical and mechanical skills necessary to succeed in the league, he just has all the leadership skills and some of the physical stuff. It remains to be seen if he can do it all.

You have to be KIDDING. EXACTLY what physical & mechanical skills is Tebow lacking? He is a BIG STRONG kid & TOUGH as NAILS. While he didn't go to that football powerhouse Stanford, you just have to see him & hear him speak to know Tebow also is intelligent. As you said it remains to be seen how good Tebow will be in the NFL, BUT he does possess ALL the Qualities necessary to be a VERY GOOD NFL QB.

You have to be KIDDING. EXACTLY what physical & mechanical skills is Tebow lacking? He is a BIG STRONG kid & TOUGH as NAILS. While he didn't go to that football powerhouse Stanford, you just have to see him & hear him speak to know Tebow also is intelligent. As you said it remains to be seen how good Tebow will be in the NFL, BUT he does possess ALL the Qualities necessary to be a VERY GOOD NFL QB.

NO HE DOESN'T. You have to be accurate, and throw a good ball to be a very good NFL QB.

Why do you think they are changing his throwing motion?

Define "horrible." He's still developing.

"horrible" - means can't throw long, looks like a deer in headlights, gets rattled when pressured. Also how long do we say he is developing? Rookie year, JP got benched and Trent played (based on some people won more games) , some good, some bad. Second year, was starter and started out great until his bell got rung. If he does bad this year will people now compare him to JP? Face it people, Buffalo has not had a good offensive line in years. That is a recipe for offensive disaster.

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009ttebow.php

I'm through with you. I doubt you have even seen him play. You spout off crap yet can't provide links or name names of the so called scouts & experts you claim to have read. You think he will not be drafted until the midrounds but refuse to wager on it because you KNOW you are WRONG.

We need Trent to not lose games for us, just manage them. If Trent Dilfer can get a ring anything is possible.

Say what? Were you watching the same games I was?

Sure Trent made a few mistakes, all QB's do. But to say Trent takes risks that costs the Bills games? That's :devil:

Who plays qb while we are grooming a first round pick to be our savior? I really want Trent to be successful, but after he got his bell rung against the Cards, I have concerns about his durability.

I was at the game in AZ, when Trent got his bell rung, as you say. Adrian Wilson crushed him. left him stiff like a UFC knockout. If he stays healthy I think he will be a top 15, maybe a top 10 QB and inline for a big payday. The jury is still out on Trent but I think he will be Buffalos QB for quite a few years to come and will do good things for the Bills.