Trent Edwards

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trent Falters, then the Bills will most likely be mediocre and finish another 6-10 or 7-9 and WILL not have a chance to draft one of those top QBs in the top 5 of the draft.

If Trent Falters, the Bills will go through the FA route and pick a 2nd level QB which I am sure there will be plenty of come the next off season.

There is little reason to believe that he will have much success with Jauron as his coach.

Trent can be a good quarterback. There are all types of good quarterbacks, and ours just happens to be the kind that needs a little time to throw, and who needs a little more success. It was evident last year he got mentally challenged by being afraid of being hit. He was being pressured a lot and there weren't a lot of open recievers open before he was being chased. And then he got spooked, and for a while he couldn't throw more than a screen pass. I think if he conquers the mental part of it and we give him a little bit of protection, he'll be a damn good QB. He'll never be tough, though, in the sense that he can take a lot of hits. He is just too small framed, physically. We've got to keep him upright. And, I think that can be said of a lot of QB's. Payton Manning could've done more with us last year than Trent did, but he wouldn't have responded mentally like Trent did during that five game stretch in the middle of the season. Hopefully, he's over that susceptibility to fear.

There was open recievers,he just didn't throw it. He rather throw to the running back. Its funny how its everybody else fault for the way Edwards played last year.

If Trent falls flat on his face and is horrible, what do we do? Do we spend a fortune on drafting a qb in next year's draft? Is Fitzpatrick a decent replacement? Do we go after Brady Quinn, if he is not a starter in Cleveland? We seem to have most of the pieces in place to be good, the o-line and Trent will decide everything.

why is everyone obsessed with brady quinn? I just do not get it. This guy was good in a system with Weiss but he has proved a far lot less with Cleveland than Trent has with buffalo.

I'm a pretty big Trent fan and think he has shown enough of the signs of being a good NFL qb. He hasn't had a 300yd game which may prove to be more of the team/coach staff issue than anything. It's hard to evaluate Jauron's past because he has such BAD qb's in Chicago. But it's worth noting they had very little success under him. It seems as though Schonert has more experience with offense than his past O-coordinators.

Simply put - trent has more than enough arm strength (his biggest detraction that people ahve on him) and he is a hell of a decision maker. Those are the things we need in a QB. He's not peyton manning but he makes the smart read and yes, check's down often, just as Peyton does. The big difference is Peyton can take that shot at 20-30 yards and Trent needs to develop that. I think this is the year he comes around - this guy is much better than a lot of people on here give him credit for.

why is everyone obsessed with brady quinn? I just do not get it. This guy was good in a system with Weiss but he has proved a far lot less with Cleveland than Trent has with buffalo.

I'm a pretty big Trent fan and think he has shown enough of the signs of being a good NFL qb. He hasn't had a 300yd game which may prove to be more of the team/coach staff issue than anything. It's hard to evaluate Jauron's past because he has such BAD qb's in Chicago. But it's worth noting they had very little success under him. It seems as though Schonert has more experience with offense than his past O-coordinators.

Simply put - trent has more than enough arm strength (his biggest detraction that people ahve on him) and he is a hell of a decision maker. Those are the things we need in a QB. He's not peyton manning but he makes the smart read and yes, check's down often, just as Peyton does. The big difference is Peyton can take that shot at 20-30 yards and Trent needs to develop that. I think this is the year he comes around - this guy is much better than a lot of people on here give him credit for.

He showed what kind of decision maker he was the second half of the year. The guy has no confidence in his arm, thats why he dumps it off all time. When your starting QB doesn't have confidence in himself he shouldn't be starting. That what hurts the running game . The defenses are playing close, because most of the time he will check down. 11 tds by your starting QB, thats terrible.

If by REGRESS you mean play the EXACT SAME way he played the last 8 games last year, then yeah.

Agreed. IF we have seen the best that Trent has to offer, this team is in trouble. He definitely has to step it up. But if he flops, just bring on the CHROISE!

If Trent falls flat on his face and is horrible, what do we do? Do we spend a fortune on drafting a qb in next year's draft? Is Fitzpatrick a decent replacement? Do we go after Brady Quinn, if he is not a starter in Cleveland? We seem to have most of the pieces in place to be good, the o-line and Trent will decide everything.

Lets hope this will not need to be discussed in week 9. He should be fine as long as he does not have his bell rung!

Trent has had his moments, HOWEVER he has a NUMBER of PROBLEMS. #1 is the ability to stay healthy. It does not matter how good a QB is if he can't stay on the field he has little value. An example of this is Chris Chandler. He could have had a VERY GOOD career if only he could stay healthy. Because of that inability, he was nothing more than a journeyman, going from team to team. #2 is the LACK of CONFIDENCE he showed last year in himself & his receivers, thereby checking down when throws were there to be taken down the field. #3 is the ability to play well in BAD weather. I don't care how many yards Trent throws for, he needs to throw TD's & get WINS in order to keep his job.

Lets hope this will not need to be discussed in week 9. He should be fine as long as he does not have his bell rung!

Lets hope this does not need to be discussed in week 16. ALL QB's get their bell rung! The good ones pick themselves up & KEEP GOING.

Grab Tebow in next year's draft. In fact, draft him whether TE flops or not. Whichever NFL team lands TT will reap the benefits for years.

Marketh my words.

Maybe in the 6th or 7th round.... and only if we are planning on running the wildcat.

Grab Tebow in next year's draft. In fact, draft him whether TE flops or not. Whichever NFL team lands TT will reap the benefits for years.

Marketh my words.

Tebow could be the cog in the Bills version of the wildcat!

Trent has had his moments, HOWEVER he has a NUMBER of PROBLEMS. #1 is the ability to stay healthy. It does not matter how good a QB is if he can't stay on the field he has little value. An example of this is Chris Chandler. He could have had a VERY GOOD career if only he could stay healthy. Because of that inability, he was nothing more than a journeyman, going from team to team. #2 is the LACK of CONFIDENCE he showed last year in himself & his receivers, thereby checking down when throws were there to be taken down the field. #3 is the ability to play well in BAD weather. I don't care how many yards Trent throws for, he needs to throw TD's & get WINS in order to keep his job.

I can't remember a bad weather game where Trent played bad and the other QB did well.