Larry Foote

Per sports illustrated, inside linebacker, larry foote, has been released. He started last four season for pitt. Bills should sign him, start him in the middle and move poz to the outside to replace ellison. Thoughts?

Foote was released because he is getting old and slowing down. I don't know that bringing in a slow and aging LB is what this team needs. That being said, if he still has a couple of years in the tank, and was willing to play MLB he might not be a bad option. Poz, however, is much better suited to the MLB position than the WOLB. Don't know how much that move would really help this team.

Chris Brown on Bills website stated that the Bills wouldn't be looking at Foote because he doesn't possess the type of skills neccessary for our defensive scheme. I agree, and wish we would've tried to sign Indy's linebacker while he was available, Kaioha - or however you spell it. We had, a few weeks ago, like three or four legitimate upgrades For Our Scheme - Tampa 2 linebackers. Now, I think the only Vet still out there is Brooks. I'd sign him in a heartbeat, at a reasonable price, to a two year deal. Gotta think he'd be an upgrade, not to mention all the experience he could bring to the table. His knowledge of the scheme, and wisdom from playing in so many real life situations, would be worth a little extra dough, I'd think. We'll see what the F.O. does. They can say all they want about how happy they are at any position, but the truth is always revealed when they go out and try to sign someone. I hope they pursue OLB and DT, still. Unless Mcargo is really ready to play.

Yes. Why in the world would the Bills want to sign a guy that comes off the field on 3rd downs? That means he's slow, and that isn't what you need in the Bills' D.

Name recognition is cool, but functional players are cooler.

Per sports illustrated, inside linebacker, larry foote, has been released. He started last four season for pitt. Bills should sign him, start him in the middle and move poz to the outside to replace ellison. Thoughts?

NO THANKS....

Old, slow 3-4 inside linebackers don't convert well to 4-3 middle backers.

He needs a 3-4 defense or he's out the league in 2 years.