Nic Harris

C'mon man. Can't you see his numbers? He sucks...

THIRD WORST SAFETY AT THE COMBINE!!!!!HE MUST SUCK!!!!!!CUT HIM TILL HE CAN OUT-BROADJUMP A CENTER

I'm not ready to say he sucks as an NFL football player (it's a little early for that :wallbash: ), but his combine numbers do suck. He is not the best "pure athlete" according to those drills.

Worst vertical, worst broad jump, both measure explosion. Antione Caldwell/OC/Alabama had a better broad jump than Harris and he's 300lbs+. C'mon now :wallbash:

It's hard to argue with that, but look at this clip and tell me he looks slow, uncoordinated, etc.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...ressive-players

I don't know, but he sure doesn't look that slow to me, especially if you figure him as a LB vice DB.

This is one of the problems with the combine. You can grade physical attributes, however, it doesn't necessarily correlate with natural talent. Ideally you want both, but I will take talent over attributes any day of the week. The question is whether Harris has the talent. Due to his so called stats he fell deep into the draft. Had he had 4.5 speed and 30 reps on the bench he would've been a 2nd rounder. He could out to be a huge steal since he was highly overlooked. Or he could be a complete waste of a pick. Let's see what he does on the field come this pre-season and then make the decision.

Played football for years friend. Seriously though, are you comparing a QB's combine performance to a S/OLB prospect? The QB position requires more mental aptitude and less athletic ability realistically. That doesn't mean that there aren't athletically gifted QB's, just that it's not the greatest requirement for the position. A QB is only required to take 3 and 5 step drops while being aware of what's going on around him. He may need to side step or scramble a little, but it's not as demanding as a S/OLB. A S/OLB has to fly around on the field, take on blockers, and tackle the ball carrier. A little bit more athletic ability than a QB required :worthy: I'm not saying the guy should be cut, I'm just not understanding all of the "man love" flying around for the guy. I don't expect him to even be able to beat out Ellison.

And you are the most well presented poster who exudes intelligence <_<

Point was that Brady fell to the 6th round becuase of those combine numbers...how could he ever avoid the rush with those kind of numbers...

Great players compensate for their weaknesses...so the fact that his forty time wasnt blazing does not concern me based on how he plays the game...I think Ellison will start the year starting, but Harris will beat him out during the season...

I understand measurables and all that but I truly fail to see how the length of a broad jump or vertical jump measures anything necessary for a football player. Explosion is one thing, and is important, but that really isn't measured in a broad jump or vertical jump. If you get two feet faster than another player, that seems to me a lot better indicator than how high or how far you jump. I would love to see the measurables of a guy like Shane Conlan or Lucious Sanford or Chris Speilman who could just uncoil in one yard and get tremendous explosion and power in their tackling without moving more than two feet.

Harris looks like a hitter and a football player to me. I would not be shocked if he were the surprise of the camp. Not necessarily better than Maybin or Wood, etc, but really surprise people.

well if nic harris ends up being a good LB then most posters on here should feel stupid, and if he doesn't you should still feel stupid because you should support our moves...he's a late pick and I'm just hoping that he turns out to be better than keith ellison which is not that hard to do. I dont mean to sound like a jerk but common, who cares how high he can jump, so he isnt as athletic as patrick willis, he is a better option than ellison in my mind and i support our coaching moves and our draft so far. Dont get me wrong, if this season turns out to be bad then bye bye DJ but lets try to be positive.

well if nic harris ends up being a good LB then most posters on here should feel stupid, and if he doesn't you should still feel stupid because you should support our moves...he's a late pick and I'm just hoping that he turns out to be better than keith ellison which is not that hard to do. I dont mean to sound like a jerk but common, who cares how high he can jump, so he isnt as athletic as patrick willis, he is a better option than ellison in my mind and i support our coaching moves and our draft so far. Dont get me wrong, if this season turns out to be bad then bye bye DJ but lets try to be positive.

So, you must have supported Ellison when he was drafted by the Bills or else you'd be stupid. But now you're ready to throw Ellison under the bus for the newer undersized later round draft pick who hasn't played a single NFL snap. <_<

Worst vertical, worst broad jump, both measure explosion. Antione Caldwell/OC/Alabama had a better broad jump than Harris and he's 300lbs+. C'mon now <_<

I guess he's out for all our jumping plays. John Wendling should have been a first round pick based on his jumping abilities.